Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castrol TWS 10W60 discontinued...Edge 10W60 now in place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
    man that price cheap!!!!
    i bought 1 ltr with 65/-
    LuL !!

Dude call SSense let him tell you how much we got it for !!
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

^ then buy for me some and keep it, will pick it up when i c u
      :spank:

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by salmankk View Post
        I just changed (01st October 2010) my car oil and i used the TWS but in 1 ltr bottles available in SHJ at approx AED48/- per liter so i had to get 9 as 8 goes in the engine and one to keep for top up after 1200miles.
        Dude ! 8 quarts is way too much for an S62 engine, people usually add 6.5 quarts, but somehow 7 quarts is manageable and it reaches to the upper notch on the dipstick.. Overfilling the engine with oil is not good for the engine :nono:

I never top up my engine oil, 5000 kms and its time for her oil change, healthy engine ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
          Dude ! 8 quarts is way too much for an S62 engine, people usually add 6.5 quarts, but somehow 7 quarts is manageable and it reaches to the upper notch on the dipstick.. Overfilling the engine with oil is not good for the engine :nono:

I never top up my engine oil, 5000 kms and its time for her oil change, healthy engine ;)
          Daem! And I thought changing at 10,000 kms was ok. What does Castrol say about the life of the oil.

sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Dont really know about the new cars Hasan, the dealer changes the oil when the check engine light is nearly to get on, some dealers change at 20,000kms and top up in middle whenever its low..

I prefer changing the oil, oil filter and air filters every 5000kms, feel good everytime I do it..

Comment

Dont really know about the new cars Hasan, the dealer changes the oil when the check engine light is nearly to get on, some dealers change at 20,000kms and top up in middle whenever its low..

I prefer changing the oil, oil filter and air filters every 5000kms, feel good everytime I do it..
              Generally, the Oil Change message comes at around 20,000kms.

IMHO! Thats too much for any oil.

Therefore, I was thinking of getting the oil changed every 10,000kms.
              sigpic

Comment

arent these cars fitted with a oil sensor that usually (the green dots) becomes less and less as the viscosity so no matter how many KM u drive if the sensor says oil change so even if its 10K Km or 15Km you should change.

By the way TWS should last 20,000KM. if you want to be a little more protective then you can change it 20% earlier between 16k - 18K but only if you feel the need and if there was too much city driving (stop/start).
                I think you should get maximum use of the life on the consumables like air/oil and other stuff..other wise its just wasting of (valuable) financial resources... plus enviormental damage....just my opinion...
                E39///M5 (Carbon Black)
                E39///M kit 530i (Le Mans Blue)
                sigpic

Comment

arent these cars fitted with a oil sensor that usually (the green dots) becomes less and less as the viscosity so no matter how many KM u drive if the sensor says oil change so even if its 10K Km or 15Km you should change.

By the way TWS should last 20,000KM. if you want to be a little more protective then you can change it 20% earlier between 16k - 18K but only if you feel the need and if there was too much city driving (stop/start).
                  I think you should get maximum use of the life on the consumables like air/oil and other stuff..other wise its just wasting of (valuable) financial resources... plus enviormental damage....just my opinion...
                  The green dots show the oil level and not its life or voscosity.

I don't believe the TWS is good for 20,000 kms. Until recently, as per bmw, no oil could last over 10,000 kms.

Then BMW started offering the service package and now almost any oil that they put in your car is good for 20,000 kms.

Agree on the environmental damage part.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                    The green dots show the oil level and not its life or voscosity.

I don't believe the TWS is good for 20,000 kms. Until recently, as per bmw, no oil could last over 10,000 kms.

Then BMW started offering the service package and now almost any oil that they put in your car is good for 20,000 kms.

Agree on the environmental damage part.
                    Naa ya Hassan, are you sure it tell the oil level cus in E39 the dots start getting less and less till it reaches yellow and then red. so i am usually changing oil when its at the last green dot and the last time it was on yellow the oil was dirty and i flushed the engined with some new standard 20-40 oil and then poured in the 10-60 with a new oil filter.
                    we better check on this oil sensor thing. (green dots):hmm:
                    E39///M5 (Carbon Black)
                    sigpic

Comment

guys regardless the car is non M or M the oil should be changed on 20,000Km as per BMW recommendation im talking about the new models (2004 – 2010), but to refill oil periodically depend on how the car been driven, for example if i drive hard the M5 then the oil level drop from 1 to 0.9 or sometimes to 0.7 then if its reached below 0.6 as per the owner manual, i must to refill it and for M5-E60/M6-E63 the service interval for changing the oil its mentioned and it can be checked through the i-drive. my E46 318 sometimes the oil evaprates even b4 its reached 20,000Km due to weather and its normal to refill 1 ltr.
                      Last edited by eoudeh; 12-10-2010, 07:40 PM.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                        Generally, the Oil Change message comes at around 20,000kms.

IMHO! Thats too much for any oil.

Therefore, I was thinking of getting the oil changed every 10,000kms.
                        change at 7-8k anything beyond that is not recommended

20k you will fry your o-rings, your car will burn more oil gradually and your wngine will have black smoke after a few months.

change your oil every 6k

M engines are high evving engine and the M5 engines in specific whether s62 or the v10 drink oil and burn oil like no tomorrow. change the oil after not more than 7k to be safe. i used to change oil after 4-5k on my e46 M3 (but thats me being anal)

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

20k you will fry your o-rings, your car will burn more oil gradually and your wngine will have black smoke after a few months.

change your oil every 6k

M engines are high evving engine and the M5 engines in specific whether s62 or the v10 drink oil and burn oil like no tomorrow. change the oil after not more than 7k to be safe. i used to change oil after 4-5k on my e46 M3 (but thats me being anal)
                          :iagree: :thanks2:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

change your oil every 6k

thanks boss... point taken.....Inshallah i will do it now every 5000 (miles or KM).
                            E39///M5 (Carbon Black)
                            sigpic

Comment

Bruno, were you talking miles or KM.???
                              E39///M5 (Carbon Black)
                              sigpic

Comment

Bruno, were you talking miles or KM.???
                                I think he is taliking about kms.