Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castrol TWS 10W60 discontinued...Edge 10W60 now in place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luay View Post
    Thanks Ali
    I missed that thread!
    so the Edge Sport is not the one!! i think i either have to get some TWS or Edge if i can find any of them.
    Cheers
    Since you're in Abu Dhabi, you can get TWS easily from Model Spare Parts in Musaffah - 02 555 3671

Comment

Bruno has got some at the shop, a DHL maybe?

Comment

i was talking to kanso regarding this subject. well ive been using edge sport 10 w 60 (pict below) long time ago maybe 3 yrs ! ayham do u think castrol dealer in abu dhabi is lying ? because when i ask them, is there any difference btw castrol tws and edge sport, they say no. edge sport is the replacement of tws and they are confident because the guy told me bring the two bottles and check ! and touch wood, my m5 engine has 140K km without any prob.
        Attached Files

Comment

My info says that the EDGE Sport is NOT the same as the TWS....

However, this has become an issue that we are debating more than often recently given that TWS stock is running lower by the day here. I will consult with my resources and get back to you people...

Comment

I dont really believe TWS stock is running low, if you want it then you can find it, ive already got a strong backup.
            For those of you in Abu Dhabi, check with Model spare parts, they've got gallons of TWS in their stock and if they ever run out they'll still get more. Abu Dhabi Motors in Al Ain is still using TWS and not the Edge Sport.

Comment

This has been discussed in many forums, and the conclusion was that the proper replacment for TWS is the Edge and NOT the Edge Sport.

This is what Castrol says

Castrol Edge Sport 10W-60

Replaces Castrol Formula RS 10W-60
              Race proven for highly stressed and competition engines, as well as modified older vehicles

Castrol EDGE 10W-60

Unique formulation for specific high powered BMW ‘M’ series

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/produ...tentId=7027067
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
              Schrick cams
              Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
              Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
              KW Coilovers V3
              WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

There was a thread already open regarding this issue, ive merged both the threads regarding the Castrol oils.

Alquazi is right, the replacement for the TWS is the Edge and not the Edge Sport :nono:

Comment

the weird thing is that castrol uae dealer ( al rustmani) have only edge 5w-40 and edge sport 10W-60. they dont have edge 10 W- 60 nor tws. they produce the oil and fill bottles here in jebel ali and not from abroad. if u check guys the website: www.castrol.com, u will find out that in UAE the production of castrol oil is different then other countries like United Kingdom.

Comment

When TWS is available, dont think about the Edge Mohd..

Comment

@ M5drift: At street driving conditions, almost any oil would be "safe". But I can't trust my car on any other oil than TWS when I'm doing some seat time. The track is where the difference is...

Comment

Actually i would never run an S54 nor a S62 using Edge sport since it lacks the needed shear additives to maintain your engine in the right condition....

Both engines has great deal of faults the S62 having stupid piston rings and S54 having the skinny piston rods and weak crank bearings....That means i would stick to Castrol TWS since it was recommended by BMW as a precaution major for those faults not to come up. Many through world wide forums reported being not happy running the Edge sport in their M3 enignes, and sticked with TWS or Edge 10W60.

The dealer in AD clearly doesnt have the full details about the differences both oils have, and why the TWS is recommended for the S54/S62 engines. I'd say buy ur self 3-4 changes and keep them as each will last for lots of Kms :)
                        sigpic
                        iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                        Falcons Garage
                        Carbotech

Comment

Also i would like to add that even if you are not tracking your car you still need to get the right oil for your engine as the killer point in our engines is when you first start up ur car and there is no oil in the head and a lil. in our "Expensive" Vanos :)

So wrong oil would mean more time to reach ur head and vanos and through time that will cost alot of $$$
                          sigpic
                          iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                          Falcons Garage
                          Carbotech

Comment

+1
                            sigpic
                            07' HFP Accord | Current
                            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

^^^lool good Ayman agrees with me :)
                              sigpic
                              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                              Falcons Garage
                              Carbotech

Comment

me too :iagree:

Comment