Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castrol TWS 10W60 discontinued...Edge 10W60 now in place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all thanks :P
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

i wasn't following this thread lately... castrol's marketing startegy is that they are pushing people to consume the sport edge. when you ask them what's the difference between TWS VS edgeVS sport edge they tell you it's the same.

in fact it's not there is a difference in viscosity. surprisingly they don't share these technical sheets with people like us to prove their point.

Comment

anyway guys, i agree with all of u about using TWS on our engines, people who says its running out of the market, when they need the oil, contact me and ill get it for you, i have my resources and i can get as many litres as you want.

Comment

Different 10W-60 Castrol Oils

Guys!

Apparently there are three 10W-60 oils available from Castrol.

1) TWS 10W-60
          2) Edge 10W-60
          3) Edge Sport 10W-60

Does any one know the differences between the 3.

Apparently only TWS is approved by BMW for ///M Engines.

Castrol says that Edge is also approved by BMW for ///M Engines. Needs confirmation from BMW.

The most surprising thing is that Edge Sport is not approved for the BMW ///M Engines. Needs confirmation from BMW.
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

im still getting 10W-60 TWS but its officially discontinued, check this
            http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...hlight=castrol

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

^ not true... they are still in production. i was surprised to find that out.

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                im still getting 10W-60 TWS but its officially discontinued, check this
                http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...hlight=castrol
                Thanks Eyad!

I think I made a
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                  ^ not true... they are still in production. i was surprised to find that out.
                  i was the same! but the best thing that im still find it :rofl: and i think they announced that its discontinued to sell the alternative more and i belive neither edge 10w-60 or edge sport 10w-60 are successor of TWS 10W-60

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

^exactly...

gents to avoid duplication i will move these posts onto the that thread.... so you will notice this thread disappeared

Comment

yeah plzzzz coz im lost now :D

Comment

i just got the moved onto this thread... :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                          i just got the moved onto this thread... :D
                          Thanks Bruno!

Here is what I found on the product specifications.

Here is Edge 10W-60.

Here is Edge Sport 10W-60.

From what I can gather they both have different specifications:

Edge: API SJ/CF
                          Edge Sport: API SM/CF and ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4.

In addition, the Density and Viscosity ratings are different. Edge scores higher on both tests.

I would leave it for the experts to analyse it further.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Even within Castrol ME, there are clashing opinions regarding TWS and EDGE compatibility for the S motors. I wouldn't deviate from using what M Gmbh designed the engines to run with, that is TWS. Period. TWS is available for 20 years to come...

Comment

I just changed (01st October 2010) my car oil and i used the TWS but in 1 ltr bottles available in SHJ at approx AED48/- per liter so i had to get 9 as 8 goes in the engine and one to keep for top up after 1200miles.
                              E39///M5 (Carbon Black)
                              E39///M kit 530i (Le Mans Blue)
                              sigpic

Comment

man that price cheap!!!!
                                i bought 1 ltr with 65/-

Comment

Working...
                                X