No announcement yet.

Yas Marina Circuit - Track Day Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the exception of how the day ended with Ayham's blown tire, it was a great day. At Yas they treat you like a customer should be treated. It is very clear that they were trying hard to make sure everyone was having a good time. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
    It was nice seeing race cars run with street cars(I'm not sure if it is a great idea safty wise) but was nice to see, also, there was a nice collection of cars on the track.
    I had been on the track before as a driver, but riding with Hassan and Basil was a nice experience. You learn a lot by observing from the passenger seat.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

MashAllah ...

Good to see that you guys had fun ... next time i am in ..even if i have to take a day off :)
      sigpic

Comment

Good To know u guys had fun .. :)
        And Ayham thank god ur safe man ..
        missed it this tym but hopefully will catch up with the upcoming events .. :)
        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

I love how the irace logo looks like a track with a pit entrance :D
          Meskovic
          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
            first, hamdilah 3ala el salama ayham, tires blow out is not a joke it can cause serious harm so thank god you are safe
            second, what is iRace? is it wat i am thinking of :D?
            third, Luay's comment about SST seems interesting, would like more elaboration, is it that bad???
            Yes Mahmoud it is THAT BAD

YMC is about 5.5 km long, i couldn't do more than 2 continuous laps without getting the "slow down" warning signal.
            Fadi Bikawi was with me in all my laps, he warned me about this but he never knew it is that bad. I dont know how they missed such an important thing! The EVO X SST is supposed to be a new and reliable technology but i was really disappointed. The solution to this problem is by getting an after market transmission cooling kit (a small radiator that cools the transmission oil and lets say postpone that warning from happening too soon)

After this experience, i dont think tracking an SST on such a circuit is a good idea, mmm motor cross, yeah maybe but definitely not a GP track.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luay View Post
              we're back already

it was a nice track day, very well organized as well, the guys at YMC were very helpful.

My personal experience...well i'll summarize it in a couple of words, an EVO is no where close to my previous E46 M3, that is a fact. I couldnt complete 3 full rounds without getting this stupid SLOW DOWN warning because my SST is heating up.

Lutfy was superb mashalla, i saw him overtaking cars with almost twice his E36 M3 power.

Ayham did very good as well...he'll explain what happened in his final lap.

It was a good day indeed, all of you guys should try this very soon while weather is still great.
              It surely was a FUN track. Even though I am used to tracks with a lot of elevation changes, a couple of blind highspeed corners, this track has got to be one of my FAV. LOVED IT. Highspeed, technical, braking zone which sets you up for the next corner etc. I am going to be a regular there.

The car ran well, no issues. The only technical failure I had with this car with approx 15 track hours is my accelerator pedal came off. Will get that sorted.

The car is finally dialed in. Stock motor but the since it handles so well, I can come out of corners carrying much speed allowing me to overtake many higher hp cars.

Ayham picked up the pace quickly and learnt quickly. Impressive indeed!

We need to have our own track day (BMW Club day or possibly an HPDE at the track).

Lutfy

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Thanks everybody for the wishes....all is fair in love and racing :)

iRace.....more on this, later ;)

Comment

;)
                  I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

When would be the next track day at Yas, any idea anyone

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

They are planning to have one once a month...

Comment

I missed this one due to change in my shift and other issues thats why i kept quiet next time am not gonna miss it whatever comes on the way:)
                        Ayham slamat ya man thank god ur safe.
                        Lotfee mentioned a nice idea about an HPDE lets think about it especially if its very near to ma home ;)
                        mabrook btw for the i ;) thinggy LOL Apple should not know about u guys (IMAC,IPOD,IPHONE) thats diffnitly bruno behind this one hahahaha
                        but nice logo mabrook:)
                        Last edited by Ahmed.Sallam; 24-01-2010, 11:11 AM. Reason: typo
                        sigpic
                        :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

yalla here is the vid

please embed ;)

[youtube]rkr_Ba6GRCY[/youtube]
                          Last edited by SSense; 24-01-2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Wow ! That looks very nice, any videos of the runs ? Please share if any :)

Comment

Thanks Hassan for the nice picutres , waiting for the rest of the videos ,, Rami : post the videos from your Camera please ....

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                                Sorry forgot to describe it....

Well, from the pits you drive straight into the underground, blind tunnel *careful, oversteering is very likely there* and you merge into the track between turn 2 and turn 3 (both are high-speed ascending and descending sweepers, respectively). Throttle and steering modulation were the key to maintaining high speed figures on these two corners before descending sharply down to turns 4 & 5; 90-left into 90-right. Careful when exiting turn 5 with the throttle or you will spin out. After that, turn 6 is a "bowl" that leads into the 1.2km straight. I was personally able to register 230km/hr on it before hitting the brakes and downshifting for the "sharp" hairpin and set of technical corners after that. The key to these corners is seeing your exit point before hitting the apex. Once that's mastered the track gives you and advantage over "greedy" drivers who ambitiously try to remain a tad longer on the throttle, only to over shoot ever one of these tight corners.

One section of the technical south track is taken flat out (most drivers were scared of doing it) where there are two connected right handers into a sharp 90-right (great view of the people at the hotel's terrace, and great view to them too ;)), followed by two sharp 90-left corners and some right handers. Last turn before hitting the main straight is a tricky one with a very late apex, take it in 2nd and unwind your steering as you exit to achieve highest speed figures before hitting turn 1 in 2nd "almost" flat out.

Hope this was helpful...
                                Thanks Ayham, just wanted to know what the track was like, and 7amdilah 3al salameh...

Comment

Working...
                                X