2012 BMW 6 Series Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 BMW 6 Series shows its interior design for the first time

Courtesy of Road and Track, and spy photographer Brenda Priddy, we have the first shot of the 2012 BMW 6 Series interior design.

Spied also for the first time on U.S. soil, the BMW 6 Series convertible test mule gives us a glance at the new interior design. As expected, many design cues are inherited from the new 5 Series or the flagship 7 Series, starting with the multi-functional steering wheel, the instrument clusters and the central dashboard.

The major change though comes from the navigation system. The iDrive’s LCD system is not built-in the dash as seen in the current generation, but it is rather placed on top of the dashboard, in an upright position.

The new 2012 BMW 6 Series convertible will be unveiled at the upcoming Paris Motor Show.

The first U.S. model will debut in March of next year in the form of BMW 650i Convertible. In July 2011, the 650 Coupe will follow. Later in September of 2011, the BMW 640 Coupe and Convertible will launch, along with the xDrive variant of the 650.
    Source: bmwblog
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

[youtube]AMuwqaasMvg[/youtube]

Comment

I hate how BMWs keep gettin bigger and bigger.. And it says that The M6 will be fitted with an auto transmission?=/ :dunno:
        sigpic
        BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

2012 BMW 6 Series Rendered by Car and Driver

Paris Motor Show has been chosen as the host for the world premiere of the 2012 BMW 6 Series. Introduced in a concept format, the new 6 Series is one of the most exciting BMWs to be unveiled this year. After the unveiling of the new X3, the 6 Series becomes the oldest BMW in the lineup and a refresh of the current design has been highly awaited.

The new exterior design is sharing plenty of details with the BMW Gran Coupe Concept unveiled at the Beijing Motor Show earlier this year. While both cars are going to the production line, the new 6 Series will continue to be marketed as a super sleek high-end sporty coupe and convertible, in contrast to the Gran Coupe which is a four-door automobile that falls into the controversial naming convention of “four-door coupes”.

After the 2003 design introduced by the current Director of Design at BMW, Adrian Van Hooydonk, the new 6 Series takes a new approach with a less bulky appearance and a more fluid style.

The car is longer and wider than the current generation and will sport shorter overhangs and a lower roofline. The muscular look will be present both at the front and rear-end, with the corona headlights emphasizing the evolution in BMW design.

Engine wise, the new 6 Series will feature a combination of diesel and petrol offerings. The high-end diesel model will be the 640d, powered by the N57 turbocharged straight-6 common rail diesel engine outputting 306 horsepower. The 650i will be the highest offering powered by the 4.4 liter V8 Twin-turbo engine found in the other 50i models.

Unfounded past rumors of a missing M6 from the future lineup are behind us now, and even though BMW has yet officially acknowledged the high-end ///M model, our sources indicate that an M6 will appear at the end of 2012 with an engine similar to the one found in the upcoming M5.

Comment

New M6!

Very nice!
            sigpic

Comment

Look's alot like the Gran Coupe Concept which is a really good thing !! I can't imagine what it would look like in Black :drool: ...
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible spied at 160 mph

The fellows over at M5board played spy photographers today and managed to snap some new shots of the new 2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible. Along with the close-up photos, the 6 Series Convertible was spied running at 160 mph.

To keep up with the 650i and its 407 horsepower, the occassional spy photographer was driving a G-Power M3 SK II, a car that outputs ,thanks to Club Sport Compressor, an incredible 600 hp and has a maximum torque of 570 Nm.

Later, two other 6 Series prototypes joined, and judging by the photos, one was the 635i powered by a 3.0 liter twin-scroll turbocharged engine.

With less than two months before its official unveiling at the Paris Motor Show, the cars are undergoing final testing procedures. The test mules continue to feature the psychedelic camouflage, covering the last and final details of this new BMW.

As illustrated in these spy photos, the new 6 Series platform is slightly longer and wider than the current model, with dimensions between the new 5 Series and the 7 Series. The 2012 6 Series features shorter overhangs and wider fender flares, corona white LEDs and an aggressive front-fascia.

The first U.S. 2011 6 Series model will debut in March of next year in the form of BMW 650i Convertible. In July 2011, the 650 Coupe will follow. Later in September of 2011, the BMW 640 Coupe and Convertible will launch, along with the xDrive variant of the 650.

Comment

It should have been more aggressive IMHO!

The E63 looks like its going to eat you.

Perhaps it shall reveal more character without the camoflauge.
                  sigpic

Comment

Video: The new BMW 6-series x 3 spotted on German Autobahn, 10 min video

[YOUTUBE]_kETVA9nbBU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Source: m5board
                    sigpic

Comment

Latest Spy Photos: 2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible

By the end of this month, BMW will unveil the latest generation of the 6 Series. Due to be revealed in a concept form at the Paris Motor Show, the new 6 Series Convertible takes design back to its root with a slick, svelte, yet still aggressive look.

Slightly longer and wider than the current generation, with dimensions between the new 5 Series and the 7 Series, the new 6 Series features shorter overhangs and wider fender flares.

The corona ring headlights become a characteristic of new BMWs and as expected, they made their way into the new 6 Series as well. The taillights continue to sport an L-shape and LEDs.

First reports were claiming a hardtop 6 Series Cabrio, but all the information leaked from the company and the latest spy photos, are pointing towards a soft top mode. The latest rumor states that the hardtop could be offered as an option, but we’re inclined to believe that it won’t be feasible for BMW to offer both options.

Engine wise, the new 6 Series will feature a combination of diesel and petrol offerings. The high-end diesel model will be the 640d, powered by the N57 turbocharged straight-6 common rail diesel engine outputting 306 horsepower. The 650i will be the highest offering powered by the 4.4 liter V8 Twin-turbo engine found in the other 50i models.

The first U.S. 2011 6 Series model will debut in March of next year in the form of BMW 650i Convertible. In July 2011, the 650 Coupe will follow. Later in September of 2011, the BMW 640 Coupe and Convertible will launch, along with the xDrive variant of the 650.

Comment

I am not too sure about how this one would look.

I believe it lacks the aggressive styling that the E63 has. I hope I am wrong.
                        sigpic

Comment

+1 ... i agree
                          Current
                          E92 M3 - Mineral White
                          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                          E36 318is
                          E39 540i ///M sport
                          VW CC
                          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

World Premiere: BMW 6 Series Coupe Concept

BMW have just lifted the veil of the heavily guarded design of the upcoming 2012 6 Series. This, the now third generation of 6 Series has a lot to live up to after the successes of the Big Six E24 6 Series and the sleek, elegant E63/64 6 Series – which has just left production.

In looking at these new photos the 2+2 layout coupe much of its design cues from the big CS Concept launched in Shanghai – though the 6 Series will retain the two door design with the forthcoming Gran Coupe carrying the 4-door design. Other updates worth mentioning are the front fascia and lines of the 6 Series bearing heavy resemblence to the F01 7 Series – reaffirming BMW’s choice of conservative design juxtaposed to the outgoing 6 Series with its radical, Bangle-influenced design.

Moving to the interior, the 6 Series continues to impress with a full Bang & Olufsen stereo system and revised iDrive screen, providing a more fluid design to the flow of the dash.

However, while I am sure that you all would love to hear me describe the 2012 6 Series in high detail we will let the pictures do the talking as well as the BMW press release below. Watch this space for more on the 2012 6 Series as we will provide in-depth analysis on this new and exciting model.

Last edited by SSense; 19-09-2010, 08:48 AM.

Comment

WTF Is the Crap!
                              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Im lovin' it :drool:

Comment

Working...
                                X