Subframe Reinforcement Kit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.E36I View Post
    They took big responsibility when they recall S54 Engine due to there weak Engine bearings

do you think they will recall again for chasiss?? The problem is not in M3 only it's in all E46 Models

, now they have all new E9X so they wont care of the old E46 problems, they have a kit sold for that issue ( re-inforce plates)

i understand your point but i dont think it will work in GCC and you know why !!!!!!!!

yes i already order the reinforcement kit, and yes i agree with you, but we have to try and see the result even if we are going to lose it.

Any way can u tell me how much you charge to fix it?
    sigpic
    Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Comment

Fixing the subframe reinforcement plates are not a big deal even though it is a days job. The rear subframe, axle carrier etc have to be dropped and the plates welded on and also previous cracks repaired. BMW do a foam repair kit for the subframe for cars that have no signs of cracks! I have this foam kit and also the plates but havent gotten round to doing them on my car yet. I have got it planned for next month so I can post a thread detailing the repair when i get round to it.
      IN the mean time keep trying with BMW ME, inshaAllah it works out.
      EURO 04 M3
      Current Mods:GC DA's, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo Corners, M5 SMG Knob, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffuser, DIETZ TV in Motion, AP Headers, RT Cats, SS Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, GM SMG Paddles, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R Projectors + 3k D2S, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace

Comment

Originally posted by aljebouri View Post
        yes i already order the reinforcement kit, and yes i agree with you, but we have to try and see the result even if we are going to lose it.

Any way can u tell me how much you charge to fix it?
        Cheers haboob

we normally do two Stages

STAGE ONE :- Stock plates and normal welding with pure stock bushing will cost 2500AED ( rear only) and add 800AED (for front)

STAGE TWO :- custom Made plates Top and buttom, Tig welding with Race bushing and 10 year werranty cost 4500AED this include front and rear

Comment

I feel you and it's the least they can offer...But, honestly, we don't have the time to start raising individuals complaints just yet. Being fully fledged by BMW ME will give us a process through which such claims can be automatically handled...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            I feel you and it's the least they can offer...But, honestly, we don't have the time to start raising individuals complaints just yet. Being fully fledged by BMW ME will give us a process through which such claims can be automatically handled...
            :thanks::thanks:

Comment

Originally posted by MR.E36I View Post
              Cheers haboob

we normally do two Stages

STAGE ONE :- Stock plates and normal welding with pure stock bushing will cost 2500AED ( rear only) and add 800AED (for front)

STAGE TWO :- custom Made plates Top and buttom, Tig welding with Race bushing and 10 year warranty cost 4500AED this include front and rear
              I heard that the are a big chance that in registration the car will not pass if they found a welding plates into the body, so do you give a guarantee for the same?
              sigpic

Comment

Well, Good jobs pay, here in BAH several cars is done and pass with Zero issues

It will be weldone so even the blue jooony won't see it :D

I heard that the are a big chance that in registration the car will not pass if they found a welding plates into the body, so do you give a guarantee for the same?

Comment

I have the same problem at the rear.
                  The car failed at the registration.
                  I discussed with the guys at the registration.
                  They told that, they can't except repair/welding. Also they are requesting chasis allignment report. So I will change the rear subframe.
                  Checked the e46fanatics, there is around 200 cases. Mostly around 2000-2002 model.
                  Thanks to Falcons Garage, they will handle it. :)
                  sigpic
                  Current
                  2005 Ford Explorer
                  History
                  2006 Dodge Durango 5.7
                  2001 323ci (Manual) :bmw3:
                  2002 Ford Escape 3.0
                  2000 Peugeot 306 1.6
                  1983 E30 3.18ci (My first love):bmwfan:

Comment

Originally posted by canboz View Post
                    I have the same problem at the rear.
                    The car failed at the registration.
                    I discussed with the guys at the registration.
                    They told that, they can't except repair/welding. Also they are requesting chasis allignment report. So I will change the rear subframe.
                    Checked the e46fanatics, there is around 200 cases. Mostly around 2000-2002 model.
                    Thanks to Falcons Garage, they will handle it. :)
                    so they was able to notice it, mine they did not notice it i just register it three week ago and no one notice it there, is your cracks is very bad??

I saw your car there as i put mine there as well, i get the reinforcement but i am not sure to go with this option or get the whole metal sheet from where you ordered the meta sheet for your car?

and the problem is not the sub-frame cracked no the area where sub-frame get placed is get cracked not the sub fram the sub-frame is the whole box which carry the diff.
                    sigpic

Comment

so they was able to notice it, mine they did not notice it i just register it three week ago and no one notice it there, is your cracks is very bad??
                      Yes it is bad. Actually, more then a crack, it is tear almost all around the connection area :)

I saw your car there as i put mine there as well, i get the reinforcement but i am not sure to go with this option or get the whole metal sheet from where you ordered the meta sheet for your car?
                      Falcons ordering it from Central Parts. I was at Falcons 30 min ago to talk with Akram. The part is not available at the moment and will come around 15/Jan. I saw your car as well. They show me your crack. It does not look like too bad but definitely become worse by the time. Not sure if only the reinforcement will work.

and the problem is not the sub-frame cracked no the area where sub-frame get placed is get cracked not the sub fram the sub-frame is the whole box which carry the diff.
                      Yes the metal sheet box ander the trunk will be replaced.
                      sigpic
                      Current
                      2005 Ford Explorer
                      History
                      2006 Dodge Durango 5.7
                      2001 323ci (Manual) :bmw3:
                      2002 Ford Escape 3.0
                      2000 Peugeot 306 1.6
                      1983 E30 3.18ci (My first love):bmwfan:

Comment

this **** is scary!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...89948066992482

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

:roadblock::roadblock::roadblock::roadblock:

This is Nothing one car came to me with the diff inside trunk :D:D:D

Comment

:rofl: how did he manage?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              its damn scary issue!!!

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

This is the TMS video...Everybody should upgrade their subframes before it's too late, M and non M owners.

Comment

Working...
                                X