Re-building my E46 M3 race car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverM View Post
    Congratulations to a real motorsport enthusiast and hopefully future champion!

Comment

Congrats man ! :clap:
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

keep it up bro..

would love to see you/your car compete here in the UAE someday :dunno:

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Congrats and thanks for sharing you Victory with us

Comment

more details... mabrouk!

Comment

Originally posted by Haitham View Post
              Congratulations to a real motorsport enthusiast and hopefully future champion!
              Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
              Congrats man ! :clap:
              Originally posted by Haissam View Post
              keep it up bro..

would love to see you/your car compete here in the UAE someday :dunno:
              Originally posted by SSense View Post
              Congrats and thanks for sharing you Victory with us
              Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              more details... mabrouk!

Thanks all for the kind words, victory feels good :D

The race was very tough on the car, I had problem with the clutch sticking on the last 3 rounds which almost caused me a down position, I also had problems with the coils/spark for un know reason the car was vibrations for sometimes all went away at the end. I still need to inspect the car for any other problems.

I had the bimmerworld break ducts system on the last race, OMG what a difference the breaking power is still there even after many high speed braking. One of the favorites modes.

I corner balanced the car with driver its 1408KG with stock battery (11lb battery is dead :( ). So that is almost like the weight before the cage in-fact a little lower. I will follow with pictures soon in sha allah

Comment

Mabrok Silver M,

weight seems good (1408KG)

But have you done complete weight reduction options ?
                it might go more :cook:

Good luck with it

Comment

Congrats. Insha_Allah we'll see more trophies soon.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                  Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                  Schrick cams
                  Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                  Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                  KW Coilovers V3
                  WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SilverM View Post

I corner balanced the car with driver its 1408KG with stock battery
                    SilverM, is that with or without the driver? How long did the race (lightweight) battery last you?

Agree on the BW brake ducting kit. Not to mention your rotors and pads will last a while too :) BTDT

Lutfy

Comment

Lutfy, from your experience what wud be a realistic further weight reduction to this E46?

Comment

Originally posted by MR.E36I View Post
                        Mabrok Silver M,

weight seems good (1408KG)

But have you done complete weight reduction options ?
                        it might go more :cook:

Good luck with it
                        Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                        Congrats. Insha_Allah we'll see more trophies soon.
                        Originally posted by Lutfy View Post
                        SilverM, is that with or without the driver? How long did the race (lightweight) battery last you?

Agree on the BW brake ducting kit. Not to mention your rotors and pads will last a while too :) BTDT

Lutfy

Thanks all, the weigh of the car is with the driver. Without driver its 1322kg (2914.5 lb). which is lower than befor by almost 74lb. There is not a big room for big reduction. I can shave another 100lb by going light weight battery, mid pipe, fenders, and fuel cell. But its not worth the $ at the moment.

The brillia light wight weight lasted around a year. I didn the mistake of leting it drain out wothout giving it a charge :( during the summer.

Comment

TAM Auto Engineering have the Braille CF battery for racing cars if u're interested
                          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

^ I picked it up the other day, I thought it was a pack of cigarettes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                              Lutfy, from your experience what wud be a realistic further weight reduction to this E46?
                              Ayham,

Not sure about the E46 but gauging the build here. I think Randy Mueller's car should be a benchmark there is another guy CPLouis on BFC which has a light CMod car, will ask those guys.

Lutfy

Comment

Working...
                              X