Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno
    replied
    btw what's the smg status so far? any failures?

Leave a comment:

• Ayham
    replied
    Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
    this is so weird, so it happens in fifth gear only ???
    Therefore my bet is the map...

Leave a comment:

• mahmoud_bedewi
    replied
    I'm running the Hitach MAF that comes with the kit originally, the issues only happens after running so many laps continusly. as soon as I go 6 its gone to normal.
    this is so weird, so it happens in fifth gear only ???

Leave a comment:

• mahmoud_bedewi
    replied
    Originally posted by Ayham View Post
    !

Fahad, I'd still put the car on a dyno and see where the discrepency is in your map.
    +1
    it will be interesting to know what is the cause

Leave a comment:

• Ayham
    replied
    Bruno: Pay!

Fahad, I'd still put the car on a dyno and see where the discrepency is in your map. Btw, do you stand a chance with the GT2s?? :D

Leave a comment:

• Bruno
    replied
    i would pay to see you participate in the uae tcc.... :drool:

Leave a comment:

• SilverM
    replied
    Originally posted by Nabil View Post
    -3.4 camber front! wow, I was running -2.9 on my Gt3 and -2.5 in the rear, was great, handled like on rails
    over 3 camber is a must for the front if you are running full slicks. Love GT3s BTW

I'd go over my map to see why the hesitation is happening, probably leaning out. Are you running MAF-less? Mine goes strong all the way, but again I've only done track days with it. Your alignment sound OK to me, what about sway bars?

Which cars are your closest competition?
    I'm running the Hitach MAF that comes with the kit originally, the issues only happens after running so many laps continusly. as soon as I go 6 its gone to normal.

I got the UUC sways now, and these are some of the cars I race aginest:
    996 GT2
    997 GT2
    EVOs around 9 of them
    STIs about 4
    Skyline
    993 911
    Honda civic
    Cadillac CTC V

Most of them are well prepared,3 evos and the 966 are the closest.

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
    one of the best threads ever on this forum :goodpost:
    masha allah ...........great car and plan:trophy:

Originally posted by akanso View Post
    this is amazing bro, i might come to qatar for a visit, we'll stay in contact if plans go on properly
    Anytime, too bad the circuit is closed in the summer :(

Leave a comment:

• akanso
    replied
    this is amazing bro, i might come to qatar for a visit, we'll stay in contact if plans go on properly

Leave a comment:

• mahmoud_bedewi
    replied
    one of the best threads ever on this forum :goodpost:
    masha allah ...........great car and plan:trophy:

Leave a comment:

• Ayham
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverM View Post
    I'm running about 3.4 camper front with a lot of toe out forgot how much, and 2.2 ~ 2.4 rear camper with a touch of toe in. I didn't have time to do a corner balance, but the car was missed up too much weigh in the front and I couldn't drop the rear any more to get it balanced. It handed OK but I got have done much much better with a good corner balance.

I haven't had fuel starvation issues on the corners, only in straight line at the top of fifth gear it will start to get weird and jerky. Do you have it? the VAC dry sump is too expensive at the moment and might required lots of modification.
    I'd go over my map to see why the hesitation is happening, probably leaning out. Are you running MAF-less? Mine goes strong all the way, but again I've only done track days with it. Your alignment sound OK to me, what about sway bars?

Which cars are your closest competition?

Leave a comment:

• Nabil
    replied
    -3.4 camber front! wow, I was running -2.9 on my Gt3 and -2.5 in the rear, was great, handled like on rails

Leave a comment:

• SilverM
    replied
    Not too bad a weight for an E46 M3!! You still have a lot of room in this department...

To get advantage of your MOTON, it's got to be a proper alignment. What are your specs now? Is the car neutral? Also, have you done the dual fuel pumps upgrade? Dry sump?
    Originally posted by Nabil View Post
    Super great Info
    I'm running about 3.4 camper front with a lot of toe out forgot how much, and 2.2 ~ 2.4 rear camper with a touch of toe in. I didn't have time to do a corner balance, but the car was missed up too much weigh in the front and I couldn't drop the rear any more to get it balanced. It handed OK but I got have done much much better with a good corner balance.

I haven't had fuel starvation issues on the corners, only in straight line at the top of fifth gear it will start to get weird and jerky. Do you have it? the VAC dry sump is too expensive at the moment and might required lots of modification.

Leave a comment:

• Ayham
    replied
    Not too bad a weight for an E46 M3!! You still have a lot of room in this department...

To get advantage of your MOTON, it's got to be a proper alignment. What are your specs now? Is the car neutral? Also, have you done the dual fuel pumps upgrade? Dry sump?

Leave a comment:

• Nabil
    replied
    Super great Info

Leave a comment:

• SilverM
    replied
    You will gain around 0.1s to 0.2s per lap running the MOTON setup as per racers feedback at the BMWCCA & NASA, which is a HUGE advantage in track racing. They are worth the astronomical asking price and a very wise investment.

I'm interested in knowing the downsides, if any, in running FI on the S54 in our weather under track driving? And how are your oil and water temperatures during the races? I cook my oil at the end of a 20-minute track session, which tells me the OE oil cooler was never designed for track driving :thumbsdown:

Regarding your tires comparo, are they all the same compound, i.e. super soft etc? And how much does your car weigh at now? I know the cage would put back about the same weight you've taken out in stripping the car, is it the case with you?
    I'm hopping for more time shaving with the Moton, specially with a circuit as big as Losail 5.4 km.

The VF kit id very reliable at the track, no regrets. Its a must when competing against modded high HP cars. The have some cooling modes such as the fan clutch and the motorsport thermostat which keep the temp in order. Coolent is always on the middle. Oil it gets over 3/4 sometimes.

Car weighted around 2900LB with rollbar, and striped interior. The new cage will weight about 70kg if not less. I'm going MAshaw doors and lexan windows. I can literally left the MAshaw door with a small finger, but for the OEM two hands and a back pain will do it. I hope to get in the low 2700LB.

For the Dunlop tires, I tried M-hard, M-soft all are good, but M-soft will get destroyed very quickly in the front even after less than 1 race.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X