Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronica yes but mostly into the subdivision of Trip Hop, Acid Jazz, Jungle, Downtempo, and a bit of the others like House, Big Beat, D'n'B, and IDM
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

hahaha yes i have atefeh!
      Try
      Bonnie Bailey - Kingdom of pretty
      tiesto - as the rush comes
      if ever your coming this 21 i'll just lend you my thumb drive for the music :)
      Last edited by ernest; 18-08-2008, 11:17 PM.
      Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

ZzzZzZzz Sup all !
        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

A very good morning :) Hows everyone doing and hows everyone's morning... ?

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post

Please tell me you listen to Opeth ?
            Hope you play any instruments, I'm a drummer myself. Play the guitar as a second instrument and the bass as a time waster at band practice !
            Opeth? don't know em', i'll have a scout about on Mini Nova once I get my internet connection at home.

Metallica are trully the God's of thrash metal, sure the whole load-reload thing was a load of old bollocks but there were a couple of AMAZING songs in there as well....FUEL anyone??? i've seen them 11 times and they are by far the best "BANG FOR YOUR BUCK" band I have ever seen......my entire teenage years were all about gigs, over 600 under my belt and I still think they are the best.

As far as instruments goes, if i played the drums i'd look like Animal from the Muppets, I can play 1 song on a guitar or base.....twinkle twinkle little star:rofl:

Hey Atti'.........what did you buy?????????

OHH.....and good morning everyone
            2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Alright, been holding back.....

Metallica, easily the greatest metal band that ever lived. Up until S&M to be honest though! When Jason Newsted left, it's been downhill...

Opeth?? Stewart you'd be amazed you haven't been listening to them until now. "The Drapery Falls" and "Atonment" are GREAT reviews for their unbelievable work...

Comment

Thanks Ayham, I'll try em' out.

Just one thing I've gotta mention, WHY OHH WHY does everyone talk about "Until S&M"?
                S&M was a collaboration of already existing Metallica songs done with an orchestra, it was never a new album, it wasn't even the last album that Newstead worked on!!!
                St Anger with Rob as the bassist is a stunning piece of work, the mad heavy riff's the whole way through the album are simply sublime (listen to Some Kind Of Monster up full….gets me all tingly), in my eyes a very natural progressive sound that fit's very well with the band as they mature.
                You try and listen with a good quality pair of headphones and you’ll see what I mean, the production and timing are impeccable.:excited:
                I can’t wait for Death Magnetic, from what I’ve read on the net, Rob is a technical wizard, James Hettfield even went as far as to say “he made Hammett look redundant” take from that what you will but I’m thinking a seriously heavy album (ohhhh……I squeezed some sex pee in anticipation:yuhoo:)
                There is a song called Unforgiven III so I’m also looking forward to that.

Stay tuned Guy’s, the day after it comes out I’ll give you a song by song review…..totally un-bias of course:smoke:

Comment

I doubt that hahaha!!

Ooooh, an Unforgiven III!!!!! You got me with that one. Yes, S&M was not a new album, although there were 2 new songs, but the rest were excuted differently and it still gave the ears a new sensation with old songs. That counts!

I honestly could not enjoy St. Anger one bit, as hard as I tried!!! And Rob Trujillo is a formidable bassist, but Metallica has been melodic metallists for most of their work and suddenly it all went out the window. It's songs like Nothing Else Matters, One, No Leaf Clover, and even the heaviest of heavy Sad But True that were melodic and got me hooked. The transition was sudden and shocking. Probably Rob had none to do with that, but his timing coudn't be worse to join the 'talica boys...

My $0.2...

Comment

^taken on board, I thought the whole Load/Re-Load thing was the biggest shock, I was soooooooooooooo disappointed, it was a hard pill to swallow when used to watching Cliff Burton (RIP) on the “Puppets” tour with Anthrax as a support band (promoting their album Among The Living)….now THAT is what Metallica and thrash metal was all about.
                    I implore you to try and give St Anger another listen, it IS technically brilliant.
                    I remember when “Justice” came out and I gave it a good listen too with a set of DJ quality headphones, man that was mind numbing stuff, Ulrich’s drum’s where just unbelievable and the production was the best I’d ever heard.
                    My favourite tracks (covers or original) are as follows

Four Horsemen – Kill Em’ All
                    Whiplash - Kill Em’ All
                    Creeping Death – Ride The Lightning
                    Am I Evil – Creeping Death 12”
                    Damage Inc – Master Of Puppets
                    Master Of Puppets - Master Of Puppets
                    Battery - Master Of Puppets
                    The Wait – 5.98 EP
                    Blackened - …And Justice For All
                    …And Justice For All - …And Justice For All
                    One - …And Justice For All
                    Sad But True – Metallica
                    Unforgiven – Metallica
                    Of Wolf And Man – Metallica
                    Until It Sleeps – Load
                    Fuel – Reload
                    The Memory Remains – Reload
                    Frantic – St Anger
                    St Anger – St Anger
                    Some Kind Of Monster – St Anger
                    Shoot Me Again – St Anger
                    The Unnamed Feeling – St Anger

This is the new album track list

1. "That Was Just Your Life"
                    2. "The End of the Line"
                    3. "Broken, Beat & Scarred"
                    4. “The Day That Never Comes”
                    5. "All Nightmare Long"
                    6. "Cyanide"
                    7. "The Unforgiven III"
                    8. "The Judas Kiss"
                    9. "Suicide & Redemption"
                    10. "My Apocalypse"

Its getting released on the 12th of Sept in a special package called “The Box Magnetic” which includes,
                     The Box Magnetic
                    A collector's edition white coffin-shaped box, available in three different sizes (M, L, or XL), which includes a Death Magnetic CD in a special carton box, an additional CD with 10 demos of the songs from the album, a DVD of additional "making of" footage not seen on Mission: Metallica, an exclusive t-shirt with the Death Magnetic logo, a flag, guitar pic’s, a fold out coffin-shaped poster with the members of Metallica, and a collector's credit card with a code for a free download of a performance in Europe in September.
                    OHHHH there I go again with the sex wee……I’m gonna stop rambling now…..getting tooooo excited.

Comment

Ooooohh, that's some good list of favourites. Used to jam some of them few years back..

I'm hoping they get back on track with Death Magnetic, they launch it with the new motorsports season launch. Would lsn to it while doin' some cone slaying in RLC :D

A friend of mine got in touch with them to bring them down here to Dubai and he told me that they asked for $500,000 per band member + $500,000 for the management to make it happen. That's sure money for sponsors considering you'd have people coming from as far as Egypt to attend. But the problem was their reputation of bringing down their hotel rooms after every gig!!! :(

Comment

IT GETS BETTER,
                        The new single “The Day That Never Comes” is due out on the 22nd of this month (sex wee time again)

Here’s a review of some of the new material,

Matt Sorum (Velvet Revolver)described his impressions of the unfinished songs:
                        Lars is a good friend of mine. He played me the demos from San Francisco, and I turned and looked at him and I said, 'Master that sh*t and put it out.' It's ridiculous. The demos were sick. Eight-minute songs, all these tempo changes, crazy fast. It's like, 'Dude, don't get slower when you get older, but don't get faster!? How are you gonna play this live?' And then me and Lars were out partying all night, and he had to go in the studio the next day and do this stupid like nine- or ten-minute song, and I was laughing at him — because he played me the demo of it, and it was [sings really fast drum part], so fast. I called him, and said, 'Dude, how are you feeling?' He was like, 'Dude, I'm hurting.' They're cutting everything to tape, no fu**in' Pro Tools— live, no clicks

Comment

I'm all over it!!

Comment

i should start learning chinese

Comment

Thanks for the list of songs mentioned in this thread, ive been looking forward to download some nice songs cuz my songs date back to Backstreet Boys days :)

Comment

wow! long time since i've been on the forums! sorry guys!
                                Started working yesterday - today is my second day at work :D
                                and i'm 'at work' as of now! :P
                                feels nice saying that!

Oh well . . .

talkin about S&M it was never a new album the only new song that was released in the album was 'no leaf clover'. apart from that it was all they\re old hits played along with a symphony.

Talkin about opeth - those of you into rock and haven't heard of them. .

These are a few of my fav opeth tracks

1.Black rose immortal
                                2.To bid you farewell
                                3.Bleak
                                4.In the mist she was standing

going onto Electronic ( the sounds of the machiinne )

Anyone here heard of
                                'Synsun'

It wasnt a very well recognized artist - and it still isnt
                                they're more of an underground electronic artist - they're older albums were a flop.. .and really . .listening to them . . i dont wonder why.

They're latest album though is magical - called 'unstopable'
                                they're kind of music falls under the genre Psychedelic

I doubt you;d find them on limewire - i got them on soulseek|

Here are a few tracks from that album

1. Laser show
                                2. Asian Dub
                                3. MDK
                                3. On the tron

now going onto more electro

Heard of Sebastien Leger?

try and get your hands on his latest album 'Planets'

Other electronic artists - not considering the sub-genres

1.Infected Mushroom ----- Album: Vicious Delicious (they are the gods of music. . . for me atleast . .they are gods - not just because i was on chemicals myself when i heard them first, but for anyone who hears them- i guarantee you will love them)
                                2.Sander Van Doorn
                                3.Mr. Scruff (classic house. . a mix of Funk with house rather)
                                4.Teisto (obviously you all know him - but his latest album 'exploring the tributaries' - out of this world)
                                5.Skazi (those of you who like psychedelic trance with sh*tloads of distortion)
                                6.Azax Syndrome (dark psy)
                                7. Yahel (morning psy)

P.s - psy is the stuff they play in raves with hoards of ppl on chemicals :P
                                just though those of you who were wondering . . a clarification :P
                                Those twisty sounds with random a crazy tunes and a high BPM? yeah . . . thats psychedelic trance

Will post more artists soon . . .
                                gotta go back to work fellas!
                                Cheers
                                H
                                Last edited by hiten86; 19-08-2008, 04:01 PM.
                                2008 325i coupe
                                Stock

Comment

Working...
                                X