Lebanon Drift event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
    It was a great event and a very nice finally to the RedBull Car Park Drift Competition 2010.

Cars were from Lebanon, UAE (Dubai), Oman, Bahrain, KSA, Jordan, Syria and Qatar.

E36 with 1JZ (2.5) Singe turbo came from Jordan, VERY fast car and she was putty in the drivers hands! Unfortunately, they blew BOTH rear half shafts (axles) at the end of the second run.

A properly set up Nissan Silvia 240SX S14 from Bahrain, a PROPER drift car. Again, they ran out of luck when there external waste gate flange cracked dump all the boost out. So, they were effectively running turboless. They tried a run in that condition, but it failed.

I was very sad about what happened to the Jordanian and Bahraini teams as they were GREAT drivers! But, I wasn't sad about our homebrew driver, the infamous Garo with his TiAg E46 M3. You all liked his driving on the videos, and I admit he's a great driver.
    But, for some reason he thinks that revving the engine in the paddock like a moron for as long as he's waiting is a good thing. We'll he saw other wise when his car turned into a cloud of white smoke entering the main arena at the end of his third run, then it burst into flames all around the front end. Luckily, he wasn't hurt but the car sustained a blown engine or atleast some major oil starvation damage.
    Moral of the story is, when you know that revving your engine excessively at standstill and that you've got a track a couple of minutes away is asking for trouble. Perfect live example.

Firas Khaddaj took the thrown in his Red E30M3S50. Very nicely done, but I think if the Jordanian and Bahraini teams stayed and Garo didn't disintegrate his engine, he probably wouldn't have seen third place !!

Organization wasn't the best, but they managed. No screw up on that side of things.

Spectators were by the thousands this time as the event was properly advertised this time.

No photos unfortunately because there was atleast 2,000 people between us and the track!

This was in brief and I'm dead sleepy !! So,goodnight everyone !!
    i wasnt there but i saw the vids..... the jordanian and bahraini is the best but no luck..... i hv a vid 4 ammar hawari!! i think he is japanese not jordanian
    sigpic
    Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

Originally posted by mahsiri925 View Post
      i wasnt there but i saw the vids..... the jordanian and bahraini is the best but no luck..... i hv a vid 4 ammar hawari!! i think he is japanese not jordanian
      Dude, Ammar was amazing! The guys took some seriously agressive angles and long slides. Unfortunately the car didn't hold up, if it did the Jordanians should have atleast got up in the top three.
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
        Dude, Ammar was amazing! The guys took some seriously agressive angles and long slides. Unfortunately the car didn't hold up, if it did the Jordanians should have atleast got up in the top three.
        no luck.... next year enshalla :)
        sigpic
        Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

Check out Feras Khaddaj my cousin... Although all drivers were good, but he was amazing. Good luck for all drivers next year.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X