Lebanon Drift event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
    The head is an S50 and the car has cams, that's crystal clear just by listening to the damn thing. Having a 3.2 block is another. It's a monster engine.
    I took a good look at his car though, and it's a complete hack job! It's got power though, and he chose the correct suspension to go with it as well which is why it's so damn stable. If I remember correctly, you told me that he had complete VAC head components.

But, I'm talking about Garo's E46M3. He's running a INTERNALLY stock S54. His engine does not have cams, pistons or rods. It's timing is perfectly stock OEM S54 timing and idles very very smoothly. Really loud exhast and a high revv limit tune gives the impression that it's a built engine but it's not. Remember that the S54 is capable of almost 9,000RPM on stock iternals, anywhere after that and you'll damage it. If it were a built engine with H-Rods, up graded valves, springs and retainers it wouldn't have gone out so quickly and would atleast have the same if not more power than Khaddaj's engine.

A racing engine is made to handle this much stress. Plus, he's still NA not FI.

Revving the engine excessively at standstill overheated his oil, a common problem all E46M3 owners experience in traffic, and that's without even touching the gas pedal. It was a hot day as well.

When you see the video, you'll understand what I mean. If you look closely, as soon as he entered the gate, there was a small ammount of white smoke UNDER the front of the car (where the oil cooler is). Then it turned into a big cloud of smoke from the ENGINE BAY not the exhaust. Then it caught fire. That white smoke is oil, wich turns into smoke when touching hot surfaces (bottom of the exhaust headers). But if it gets too hot, it'll burst unto flames just like gasoline does. He blew an oil line somewhere, probably the one leading to the cooler.
    i don't know which engine you are intrested in but if you wanted to know more about garo's engine.

it's stock and had 187,000 kilometers last summer. every year they take it apart and rebuild it. so i wasn't expecting it to last anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
      i don't know which engine you are intrested in but if you wanted to know more about garo's engine.

it's stock and had 187,000 kilometers last summer. every year they take it apart and rebuild it. so i wasn't expecting it to last anyway.
      In short, really really short, my point.

His engine is stock and it was treated like crap, then something finally gave up. Although I don't think he suffered internal damage like a blown piston or bent rod, unless the huge and quick drop in oil pressure combined with very high temperatures helped seize something, maby a crank journal.
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by Ramzi View Post
        Garo's engine aint stock..yes he revved it like crazy before he started but i doubt it was the reason why it blew up or an oil line burst..A drift is an extreme competition with a car almost at redline for 2-3 minutes and the drive train getting abused like there is no tomorrow. it can explain why all the mechanical failures happened last night.
        the event had around 10K spectators so it was really crazy as it jammed up a side of the city for 3 hours and Amer and I had to park our cars in some alley far away and walk to the venue only to find that we cannot c or video anything. luckily they had a huge screen :D.
        My favorite car of the night was the UAE thunder blowing monster...it was a complete fail when it came to drifting though but we had a chat with the guys after the race and they were really cool.
        Overall the event was huge and i think it will be even bigger next year and also regional. i have no videos this time! :( sorry.
        With one little correction....The engine shouldn't spend its time at the redline during a drifting event. A proper set-up car in the hands of a "tasteful" driver would smoke its tires without revving the hell out of the engine.

Comment

found this on evolve

[YOUTUBE]Cu6rmbZAS30&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

enjoy

Comment

According to what i heard and i think its true, Garo's car has a CSL engine...an original CSL engine and not just an S54 with the carbon box.

Samer: PM me ur number here. mine is 70-015116

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              With one little correction....The engine shouldn't spend its time at the redline during a drifting event. A proper set-up car in the hands of a "tasteful" driver would smoke its tires without revving the hell out of the engine.
              I would like to comment on that, quote somebody and repeat myself as well.

Last weekend, during the Beirut qualifying round. The infamous and loved prodigy driver Abdo Feghali SPECIFICALLY said on the mic to the drivers that "We want tire smoke and alot of CUT OFF (red line)".

Isn't he the so called "best driver" ?

If so, then he must know what true drifting and not power sliding is about.

Don't forget, HE was the one judging and putting down the points for all the drivers. So, on what basis is he saying hit your fuel cuttoff's as much as you can ?

Drifting is not about fuel cuttoff. It's about car control, smoothness and style. What Feghali wanted was a circus show, alot of popping from exhausts and engines going boom.

There were some drivers which were more than happy with that, but they showed their level of knowledge of the sport and of cars. One example was the driver of an E30, he kept redlining even after he blew his radiator and lost all his coolant!
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                I would like to comment on that, quote somebody and repeat myself as well.

Last weekend, during the Beirut qualifying round. The infamous and loved prodigy driver Abdo Feghali SPECIFICALLY said on the mic to the drivers that "We want tire smoke and alot of CUT OFF (red line)".

Isn't he the so called "best driver" ?

If so, then he must know what true drifting and not power sliding is about.

Don't forget, HE was the one judging and putting down the points for all the drivers. So, on what basis is he saying hit your fuel cuttoff's as much as you can ?

Drifting is not about fuel cuttoff. It's about car control, smoothness and style. What Feghali wanted was a circus show, alot of popping from exhausts and engines going boom.

There were some drivers which were more than happy with that, but they showed their level of knowledge of the sport and of cars. One example was the driver of an E30, he kept redlining even after he blew his radiator and lost all his coolant!
                The guy wanted to fire up the crowd and really entertain and thus and have more people come to such events and also to participate instead of doing crazy stunts on the streets.

Eventually the first 3 places where the drivers with the smoothest driving and not the others doing crazy donuts and cutoffs...

Anyways, it is my understanding that we made a deal that next time its up to us to change the rules of the game....Bcoz of u i spent last evening trying to explain to my gf what Rasp means.....she said it sounded morel like e bee now :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ramzi View Post
                  The guy wanted to fire up the crowd and really entertain and thus and have more people come to such events and also to participate instead of doing crazy stunts on the streets.

Eventually the first 3 places where the drivers with the smoothest driving and not the others doing crazy donuts and cutoffs...

Anyways, it is my understanding that we made a deal that next time its up to us to change the rules of the game....Bcoz of u i spent last evening trying to explain to my gf what Rasp means.....she said it sounded morel like e bee now :D
                  She will arrive in September, then all hell's going to break loose !!!!!

If it weren't for the Jordanians, no one would've seen an E36 on track. I don't get it, the E36 be it M or not has serious potential. Which, we shall prove!!

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: !!!! There's going to be alot more explaining to do next season bro !! Start working on it !! Haha!!
                  :kaboom:

PS: Rasp, I want to hear it tonight !! I'll call Kanso.

Comment

wholly mother... something lit up under the e46 orange and grey M3 :( scary!

Liked number 12 ;) JORDAN ALL THE WAY BABY!!!
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Gotta give it up to the Lebanese, they WILL have fun no matter what the cost is :D

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                        wholly mother... something lit up under the e46 orange and grey M3 :( scary!

Liked number 12 ;) JORDAN ALL THE WAY BABY!!!
                        The Jordanians did GREAT !!! They had a beautifully set up E36 325i except they were using Japanese power. 1JZ GTE 2500 (Lexus is250). With a huge turbo and intercooler so big the bumper wouldn't fit !! Very agressive camber and a simple but effective welded 3.64 325i diff. Unfortunately though, due to the high power levels and weldid diff, their rear axle gave up.

The driver, DAMN !!! If you noticed in the video, when he entered the gate which is full of sparks. The car was almost fully sideways! No one during the entire event, even Garo and Feghali got that angle through the gate! Let alone anywhere on the track, the guy was GOOD !

Comment

So does a welded diff bro...

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Originally posted by Ramzi
                            According to what i heard and i think its true, Garo's car has a CSL engine...an original CSL engine and not just an S54 with the carbon box.

Samer: PM me ur number here. mine is 70-015116
                            Its a normal engine with hamman cf intake. I've seen the engine, nothing special

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Its a normal engine with hamman cf intake. I've seen the engine, nothing special
                              Now it's a "well done" CF intake !

Comment

Abdo fghali's lap in an Evo

[YOUTUBE]xq9hq4Mf_O0[/YOUTUBE]
                                '08 G37S with bolt-ons, a drop and 20's

Comment

Working...
                                X