Oman Muscat 22-Apr Hussain Al Mabsily
    UAE Ajman 23-Apr Abdullah Habib Mohammed
    Kuwait Kuwait City 14-May Meshari Al Thefiri
    Syria Damascus 21-May Ahmad Hamsho
    Iran Tehran 28-May Hossein Zadoghian Zadeh
    Bahrain Manama 11-Jun Salman Mahmood
    Jordan Amman 25-Jun Ammar Al Hawari

Comment

don't the Jordanian guy to be honest... will look him up :)
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

M3 raping FTW !
        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

It was a great event and a very nice finally to the RedBull Car Park Drift Competition 2010.

Cars were from Lebanon, UAE (Dubai), Oman, Bahrain, KSA, Jordan, Syria and Qatar.

E36 with 1JZ (2.5) Singe turbo came from Jordan, VERY fast car and she was putty in the drivers hands! Unfortunately, they blew BOTH rear half shafts (axles) at the end of the second run.

A properly set up Nissan Silvia 240SX S14 from Bahrain, a PROPER drift car. Again, they ran out of luck when there external waste gate flange cracked dump all the boost out. So, they were effectively running turboless. They tried a run in that condition, but it failed.

I was very sad about what happened to the Jordanian and Bahraini teams as they were GREAT drivers! But, I wasn't sad about our homebrew driver, the infamous Garo with his TiAg E46 M3. You all liked his driving on the videos, and I admit he's a great driver.
          But, for some reason he thinks that revving the engine in the paddock like a moron for as long as he's waiting is a good thing. We'll he saw other wise when his car turned into a cloud of white smoke entering the main arena at the end of his third run, then it burst into flames all around the front end. Luckily, he wasn't hurt but the car sustained a blown engine or atleast some major oil starvation damage.
          Moral of the story is, when you know that revving your engine excessively at standstill and that you've got a track a couple of minutes away is asking for trouble. Perfect live example.

Firas Khaddaj took the thrown in his Red E30M3S50. Very nicely done, but I think if the Jordanian and Bahraini teams stayed and Garo didn't disintegrate his engine, he probably wouldn't have seen third place !!

Organization wasn't the best, but they managed. No screw up on that side of things.

Spectators were by the thousands this time as the event was properly advertised this time.

No photos unfortunately because there was atleast 2,000 people between us and the track!

This was in brief and I'm dead sleepy !! So,goodnight everyone !!
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

dude vids or pics of theGaro guy in flames or it never happened.

Comment

WOW good to see many others were there

Luckily I got there 2 hours before the event to guarantee a good spot (event started 1 hour late btw after two false countdowns lol.. Welcome to Lebanon)

I have lots of video's, all uploading.. the best run IMO was Abdo Fghali's (Red Bull) Evo.. wow what a show.. Garo's M3 was one hell of a beast, sad to see her burst into flames (will upload a video of that)
              '08 G37S with bolt-ons, a drop and 20's

Comment

Mechanics mentality...Can't handle the adrenalin I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  Mechanics mentality...Can't handle the adrenalin I suppose.
                  He did have a serious adrenaline rush, but the guy's got his own garage. So, I assume that he must know what happens to an engine being revved to 8,000+RPM's at standstill with no air to cool the oil would do.

Other cars like the Bahraini 240SX had a heavy duty twin-plate clutch which required them to revv high enough to avoid stalling when moving through the paddock. But, just sitting there doing nothing ?

Firas Khaddaj in his S50 powered E30M3 was doing the same, except he's got upgraded valves, springs, retainers, rods, the whole lot basically which is why his engine can stand all the abuse. But Garo's running an internally stock S54 that finally just gave up due to misuse.
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Ssup I don't know where u r getting that info from. Do u really want to know what's in that engine? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Ssup I don't know where u r getting that info from. Do u really want to know what's in that engine? :D
                      Please do tell me, because they claim they're running rediculous engines and unreal horsepower figures when theyre not running squat!!

I think you know them well enough to know the bull$hit claims they have.

Comment

Garo's engine aint stock..yes he revved it like crazy before he started but i doubt it was the reason why it blew up or an oil line burst..A drift is an extreme competition with a car almost at redline for 2-3 minutes and the drive train getting abused like there is no tomorrow. it can explain why all the mechanical failures happened last night.
                        the event had around 10K spectators so it was really crazy as it jammed up a side of the city for 3 hours and Amer and I had to park our cars in some alley far away and walk to the venue only to find that we cannot c or video anything. luckily they had a huge screen :D.
                        My favorite car of the night was the UAE thunder blowing monster...it was a complete fail when it came to drifting though but we had a chat with the guys after the race and they were really cool.
                        Overall the event was huge and i think it will be even bigger next year and also regional. i have no videos this time! :( sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by G37Sam View Post
                          WOW good to see many others were there

Luckily I got there 2 hours before the event to guarantee a good spot (event started 1 hour late btw after two false countdowns lol.. Welcome to Lebanon)

I have lots of video's, all uploading.. the best run IMO was Abdo Fghali's (Red Bull) Evo.. wow what a show.. Garo's M3 was one hell of a beast, sad to see her burst into flames (will upload a video of that)
                          Samer...ur in leb bro? lets all meet up next sunday for the speed test round 2!

ok..sorry for the offtopic :)

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                            Please do tell me, because they claim they're running rediculous engines and unreal horsepower figures when theyre not running squat!!

I think you know them well enough to know the bull$hit claims they have.
                            s50 head strocked with s52 block. the internals are s54 components with dbillis cams they are also using a custom airbox with alfaN ecu and some electrick fan with a custom exhaust piping.

whenever asked they say this is a 3.0 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              s50 head strocked with s52 block. the internals are s54 components with dbillis cams they are also using a custom airbox with alfaN ecu and some electrick fan with a custom exhaust piping.

whenever asked they say this is a 3.0 engine.
                              The head is an S50 and the car has cams, that's crystal clear just by listening to the damn thing. Having a 3.2 block is another. It's a monster engine.
                              I took a good look at his car though, and it's a complete hack job! It's got power though, and he chose the correct suspension to go with it as well which is why it's so damn stable. If I remember correctly, you told me that he had complete VAC head components.

But, I'm talking about Garo's E46M3. He's running a INTERNALLY stock S54. His engine does not have cams, pistons or rods. It's timing is perfectly stock OEM S54 timing and idles very very smoothly. Really loud exhast and a high revv limit tune gives the impression that it's a built engine but it's not. Remember that the S54 is capable of almost 9,000RPM on stock iternals, anywhere after that and you'll damage it. If it were a built engine with H-Rods, up graded valves, springs and retainers it wouldn't have gone out so quickly and would atleast have the same if not more power than Khaddaj's engine.

A racing engine is made to handle this much stress. Plus, he's still NA not FI.

Revving the engine excessively at standstill overheated his oil, a common problem all E46M3 owners experience in traffic, and that's without even touching the gas pedal. It was a hot day as well.

When you see the video, you'll understand what I mean. If you look closely, as soon as he entered the gate, there was a small ammount of white smoke UNDER the front of the car (where the oil cooler is). Then it turned into a big cloud of smoke from the ENGINE BAY not the exhaust. Then it caught fire. That white smoke is oil, wich turns into smoke when touching hot surfaces (bottom of the exhaust headers). But if it gets too hot, it'll burst unto flames just like gasoline does. He blew an oil line somewhere, probably the one leading to the cooler.

Comment

Man this is really annoying, I have around 2 GB's worth of video's on my camera, but can't upload them coz everytime I do the damn electricity cuts lol So I get a big youtube fail.. I have blown motors, broken axels and failed wastegates all documented haha

Originally posted by Ramzi View Post
                                Samer...ur in leb bro? lets all meet up next sunday for the speed test round 2!

ok..sorry for the offtopic :)
                                I sure am, got my G with me as well hahaha

I'm down with throwing a meet sometime.. I heard Kanso is here as well? Or only rumors? :D

sorry for the off-topic post
                                '08 G37S with bolt-ons, a drop and 20's

Comment

Working...
                                X