Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bushings replacement programme almost done. (DONE!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree . . . Especially in "7eywane" mode !!!
    HAHAHAHAHAAA !!
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

the rear tms RTABs are more oriented towards coilover set ups with hard spring rates... i'm currently in total confusion of whether to go hardcore or take it easy on those bushings.

from things that I’ve done to my car's handling over the years i really am confused on how to take it forward.

i'm currently running the delrin bushing FCAB and find them too crazy. i'm reverting back to a proper set up something not too aggressive and delivers sheer firm handling response.

the TMS RTABs are not for me although i bought them and have them.

Comment

TMS RTAB's you have are made of what ?
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

Aluminium

Comment

Aluminum...

Bruno, that's utter nonsense!! You NEED those on your M3! In fact, all M3s should've had them from the factory. I fail to see the correaltion between them and the spring rates. Maybe your research results associated them with race cars, but that's it. The trailing arms control your wheel alignment (toe), not related to them spring rates.

Put them and stop being a wuss :D

Comment

let me ask a question.... what is "Rear Trailing Arm Bushing Limiters, Set" this used for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                let me ask a question.... what is "Rear Trailing Arm Bushing Limiters, Set" this used for?
                It's what the name says, they embrace the RTAB to limit their movement. I didn't think the aluminum ones would need them so I skipped them.

Comment

i want to use them with the stock ones

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    i want to use them with the stock ones
                    No stock arbab !! Aluminum !!
                    *EDITED*

Or, as Bashar would say... Bite the DAMN BULLET !!

Comment

hey guys, i am planning to do something similar to what ayham has done to his ride. i have few questions:

does this modifcation (specially the welding thing) affect the yearly inspection of RTA? in other words do they care about it?

what if we changed all the bushings with the powerflex thing without going to the Aluminum thing. what is the difference and which is better?
                      how much does cost for my evo e36?
                      how much time does it need?
                      shall i take it to *** or shall i benefit the discount of Falcons?
                      i need also to do the service for my car soon (oil, filter, new CARBOTECHS and bleeding, plugs, and maybe check some other small issues)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammed View Post
                        hey guys, i am planning to do something similar to what ayham has done to his ride. i have few questions:

does this modifcation (specially the welding thing) affect the yearly inspection of RTA? in other words do they care about it?

what if we changed all the bushings with the powerflex thing without going to the Aluminum thing. what is the difference and which is better?
                        how much does cost for my evo e36?
                        how much time does it need?
                        shall i take it to *** or shall i benefit the discount of Falcons?
                        i need also to do the service for my car soon (oil, filter, new CARBOTECHS and bleeding, plugs, and maybe check some other small issues)
                        No, the welding is not visible. I only welded the RTABs in place as per the instructions.

Powerflex and aluminum bushings differ in their noise isolation level and how much play there is inherited in them. Rubber bushing have a lot of play for comfort reasons, Powerflex eliminate, I'd say, 80% of the rubber bushings play, and aluminum/monoball bushings have none. Surprisingly, the aluminum RTABs do NOT differ from the OE rubber bushings in terms of noise isolation. As for pricing, you may check with TAM Auto Engineering for Powerflex bushings (FCABs, RTABs, rear subframe), or Turner Motor Sports for the aluminum/racing ones (only get the RTABs). Either one of them will make a huge difference in the car behavior. Totally worth the money!

Installation time would be around 1 week for the lot, and we get discounts at both shops. I personally installed the Powerflex FCABs and rubber OE subframe bushings (Powerflex didn't have these at the time! :() at Falcons and the TMS race RTABs at *** (they took their time to get here!). Both shops did a GREAT job and at a GREAT rate!

Comment

Working...
                        X