Help with the choice plss..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant he find csl wheels that fit E36? www.modbargains.com
    I bought new 19 CSLs and they look amaaaazing (for e46 m3)! not to mention how light they are! They have very good deals including an approx 300 dollar shipping to our areas!
    The ones shown in attached picture, look sick! clean look :)

I personally dont like any of the original rims u showed. maybe the center picture (4th from either side), its the least dramatic! they just dont fit the looks of the E36! My opinion of course :)
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by xplod55 View Post
      Hey all, lets reply one by one

Bisho, I agree with you on the BBS, but I spotted none till now.
      unfortunately I don't know the shop name or number, but I can tell where it is. From sharjah city center on your right side, go right towards the industrial area. this road have clifford, at the signal go right, the shop is the first one on the right.

Eyad, It would be great to take yours at least I will be sure it has no serious problems, but two problems 1. I guess I will need different tyre size (lower). 2. the price is much higher than the ones in the shops, plus that the shops will trade in my rims too. but thanks for the offer and I will contact you if I may take the rims only.

Ayham, I am very embarassed from my ignorance, but what is meant exactly by offset, because I understand it is the width of the wheel which seems to be wrong understanding..
      thanx bro. but realy i feel its good offer but in the end its belong to ur budget, and for me im not into sell the rims only coz the rims price now a days its so cheap....and also the rims are OEM when i bought the car from AD motors :) and the tires as u know fixed recently and didnt drive the car more than 500 km, coz i had a company car, in the end ..its ur choice brother and no hard feelings :) good luck

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

The offset determines how far under the arch or how far towards the outer arch a wheel will sit. Each car has its optimum offset and a range within which the offset can be for the wheel to fit the car properly. If the offset is too low for the range allowed, the wheel could stick out from the side of the car, if too high from what it should be the wheel may catch on the suspension or bodywork as it will be too far under the car. This is due to the fact that if you put a wheel on your hub with a higher offset than before, the wheels bolting face will have to move further under the car to meet the hub, in extreme cases causing the wheel to sit too far under.

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Thank you very much Xplod55 :)

Comment

thanks eyad for clarifying the offset theory..
            So do your rims fit my offset??
            Please think again of selling the rims only
            M 'nM=my initials, charges with :///M:power, even not driving one..
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
            e36 328i vert, e46 323 ci
            Older rides: colt '95, punto '03, astra coupe '00

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Please buy the M3 rims :cry:

Comment

as ayham said...the M3 rims :) and regarding my rims...the offset is ET:47, but dont know if its fit or not. but you can check the recommended size from the owner manual if u had or Once you have mounted the wheel and tyre, before lowering the vehicle, spin the wheel and tyre VERY slowly by hand to ensure that it is not touching on the body, suspension or brake callipers. This will also make sure that if you have fitted bolts that they are not too long. if its not i think u need proper spacer to be fitted.

and realy man im not welling to sell the rims only...coz if its not sold out i ll keep them as a spare to my ride :)

Comment

Very confused I AM...
                  I found (attached) M3 rim (five spoke) in good condition and price too, which I find better looking than the 10 spoke version

But I was dreaming to find of these two rims which I like the most
                  1. BBS sunk inside (in the white BMW)
                  2. hamann sunk inside

I don't know if this would differ, but I am planning to drop the car a lil bit after putting the rims to give the final sweet look..

I think I need to make more effort in searching, to be totally convinced of my choice. Do any one know another place than the industrial area in sharjah to shop for those kind of rims... Or may be in a hidden area in sharjah!!:please:
                  Attached Files
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Comment

the hamann is called HM2

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

dude get the 5 spoke version... they are haaawt!

Comment

Originally posted by xplod55 View Post
                        Very confused I AM...
                        I found (attached) M3 rim (five spoke) in good condition and price too, which I find better looking than the 10 spoke version

But I was dreaming to find of these two rims which I like the most
                        1. BBS sunk inside (in the white BMW)
                        2. hamann sunk inside

I don't know if this would differ, but I am planning to drop the car a lil bit after putting the rims to give the final sweet look..

I think I need to make more effort in searching, to be totally convinced of my choice. Do any one know another place than the industrial area in sharjah to shop for those kind of rims... Or may be in a hidden area in sharjah!!:please:
                        The M3 rim in this pic is the Motorsport or Type I. They are the best on the E36 M3, problem is finding them. 99% the ones you found in Shj are replicas and they're hard to distinguish from the original. Is the set you found staggered (rear rims are wider than the fron ones)?

Oh and as an advice; Lower the car first, add the rims afterward. This is essential in avoiding you the problems of rubbing stemming from aggressive offset. Careful!

Comment

in terms of offset ull be fine with anything hight than ET40
                          sigpic
                          iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                          Falcons Garage
                          Carbotech

Comment

and i would say go with the bmw motorsport LTW design....they r the best.
                            sigpic
                            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                            Falcons Garage
                            Carbotech

Comment

i belived hamann stop manufactured these type of rims.
                              check ur PM Xplod55 :)

Comment

"in terms of offset ull be fine with anything hight than ET40"

Please Bashar clarify, specially ET40

Thanks eyad it is a good site, but I think I will go with the M3 rims, I will go and check the staggering issue as Ayham mentioned.

For the lowering, there are multi color springs in the shops of sharjah, are these known brands (Koni or merwede) or they are sprayed??

Another question, for the M3 rim, is there someone who can spray it to have the new hyper color look, like Eyads rims color?? Or this spraying ends with a bad look??

Comment

Working...
                                X