Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my car is in Bahrain for some work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my car is in Bahrain for some work...

decided to send the car to ebrahim @ Bimmer Autoworks in bahrain to fix up the black smoke. i knew that it needed an engine overhaul right from the begining when i bought her. but i wanted some sort of a project to work on, something different than what i was used to... perhaps a bruno-spec m5?!

anyways here's the main things that need to be fixed:
    1. black smoke
    ~ high fuel consumption (potential damage in valve stems)
    ~ high oil consumption (potential damage in piston rings)
    2. Front brake jams when rear tires spin on disabled traction
    3. Odometer pixel fix

and this is when the engine is out.

i have an initial idea of the damage... we're currently finalizing the list of parts to be ordered from VACmotorsports. in short, we plan on installing some aftermarket performance parts to boost the power slightly.
    i'll update you with my findings as we move on.

For the people who see an open engine for the first time, some pictures descriptions would go a long way in explaining what it is they're seeing :)

Bimmer Autoworks for the rescue, great guys and true enthusiasts!

Comment

agreed . . .bruno - put in some descriptions if you can . . and in english . . . not hieroglyphs :P
      2008 325i coupe
      Stock

Comment

Nice work Ebrahim! Wooow that engine looks scary when out!

Looks like a project for sure!

Can we get more details as to what is happening, or what will be done! Any super duper upgrades to this beast???

I also see my car in some of these pictures hehehe!

I believe I should create a thread to include the status of my engine heating problem (since that was discussed in a previous active thread lol), aaaaaaaand the new upgrades ;)

Ebrahim hook me up with some pictures bro :)
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Looks like an interesting project, hats off to Ebrahim and his boys at Bimmer Auto works !

Bruno, what about the vanos, is it fixed or getting fixed in Bahrain ? On another note, forgive my colour blindness but what colour exactly is your car, carbon black, jet black, petrol mica black or midnight blue

Im anticipated to know how many more ponies will the end result get, Good Luck :)

Comment

hey that's my bro's previous M!

damn still got the "jamming brakes" issue! that's really dangerous!

and SSense, it's carbon black

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              For the people who see an open engine for the first time, some pictures descriptions would go a long way in explaining what it is they're seeing :)

Bimmer Autoworks for the rescue, great guys and true enthusiasts!
              the is the first time someone posts pics of his car's engine open like this. i hope people with e39 m5s can benifit from this. i'll post pics of the damaged parts and try to explain whn possible.

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
              agreed . . .bruno - put in some descriptions if you can . . and in english . . . not hieroglyphs :P
              when we get the new parts i'll give dscriptions whenever possible

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
              Nice work Ebrahim! Wooow that engine looks scary when out!

Looks like a project for sure!

Can we get more details as to what is happening, or what will be done! Any super duper upgrades to this beast???

I also see my car in some of these pictures hehehe!

I believe I should create a thread to include the status of my engine heating problem (since that was discussed in a previous active thread lol), aaaaaaaand the new upgrades ;)

Ebrahim hook me up with some pictures bro :)
              there will be upgrades done to the enternals, most of which will be replaced with VAC perfromance parts like forged pistons and many lightweight and heavy duty stuff... i would even change the cams if they were cheap ($2500) but not going that dirrection. i'll post the specs when we decide on that.

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              Looks like an interesting project, hats off to Ebrahim and his boys at Bimmer Auto works !

Bruno, what about the vanos, is it fixed or getting fixed in Bahrain ? On another note, forgive my colour blindness but what colour exactly is your car, carbon black, jet black, petrol mica black or midnight blue

Im anticipated to know how many more ponies will the end result get, Good Luck :)
              the vanos gears my friend are ok and the selanoids are fine lol... i thought that they were out but it wasn't the case. anyways i bought new gears from DR.Vanos and will get them replaced anyways. i'll consider it an extra safety measure. for the fianl power output we are still going over the parts configuration so till tomorrow or later today we will get a clearer pic on the HP expeted figures.

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
              hey that's my bro's previous M!

damn still got the "jamming brakes" issue! that's really dangerous!

and SSense, it's carbon black
              it only jams when you take off the traction control and you spin the tires... i've replaced the brake booster but remained like that and didn't have tme to complete the repaires.

Comment

wa7sh ya brunz!
                Meskovic
                this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Thanks Bruno,

Thank you for Trusting US:bow: , am sure our Team will keep u satisfied with all kinds of help, you got a nice M5 that need Bimmer Autoworks Touch :rev:

Am sure this M5 will be flaying so soon :yuhoo:
                  cant wait to smell the rubber burn :omg2:

Moe,
                  you will recive your M3 pics soon

Cheers all will keep you updated so soon with more details

Comment

Great work guys,
                    Rebuilding the internals would not increase hp but it would make it withstand the added power. Are you going to sleeve the block? I would not wast money on the cams when Ess has a good SC kit that goes for $7500. If you don't want the FI rout, then headers is the first thing I would add, 30+ instant hp.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                    Schrick cams
                    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                    KW Coilovers V3
                    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Nice work done Barhoom... All the best Bruno!

Comment

wish u luck and keep updated, nice work barhoom
                        sigpic
                        Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Thanks for wishes guys..

Qassim the block is not damaged there won't be any sleeving or boring involved in the build. I'm looking to get cp pistons oem bore, valve stems, connecting rods and bearings, aluminum head gasket...

I'm not too sure how much those will give but I'm hoping to get at least 30hp with the addition of a tune?

The cams and the headers are just too much. I know the ss headers are effective but damn they're expensive. Fi is just not in my books for the time being.

We r getting a quote from vac on monday so till then we will have a better picture of the list of parts.

Comment

wish you all the best bro
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Thanks for wishes guys..

Qassim the block is not damaged there won't be any sleeving or boring involved in the build. I'm looking to get cp pistons oem bore, valve stems, connecting rods and bearings, aluminum head gasket...

I'm not too sure how much those will give but I'm hoping to get at least 30hp with the addition of a tune?

The cams and the headers are just too much. I know the ss headers are effective but damn they're expensive. Fi is just not in my books for the time being.

We r getting a quote from vac on monday so till then we will have a better picture of the list of parts.
                              Good luck with your project
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X