Rim Suggestions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

Thanks Bruno. What kind of spray is this. Where can I find it.
    ace hardware! Its called bra spray and is the spray the saudis etc put on their cars to prevent stone chips on long trips..

Bruno, i have no idea where they powedercoat here... i was looking for it as well :(
    sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
    Dubai Investment Park 2
    The Curve Building Complex
    Warehouse No.1
    P.O Box 28638
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Office: +97148830851
    Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
    Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

when i got my rims painted myself with bra protection silicon everybody (especially Ssense) made fun of me

but it looked good!!! and i removed it whenever i wanted

now, i see people are supporting my decision...

one day, one day everybody will get their rims painted with bra protection!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

Where is Ace Hardware

sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Where is Ace Hardware

There's one in Festival City, but you dont know where Festival City is, so forget about it.. Nearest to you is the one on Sheikh Zayed Road, right after Al Tayer motos, here's a map:

Hope it helps

Comment

Thanks Ali. No suggestions from you?
            Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 17-09-2010, 06:19 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
              when i got my rims painted myself with bra protection silicon everybody (especially Ssense) made fun of me

but it looked good!!! and i removed it whenever i wanted

now, i see people are supporting my decision...

one day, one day everybody will get their rims painted with bra protection!!!!!!!!!!
              you want the truth?

well it's a cheap way of checking how the black rims will look on his car. he might get disgusted and take it off, or might like it and keep it.

and the main reason is that i don't want him to do my mistake and buy rims over 15k AED! haram this is sin! and being a poser is :ghey:

Comment

Bro ur car and rims looks really great mashallah after seeing it live ,
                please try to keep ur rims without painting , if u want it soo bad get another used original rims and paint them black :)
                sigpic

Comment

Ur ride looks nice masallah keep it the way it is.
                  E39///M5 (Carbon Black)
                  E39///M kit 530i (Le Mans Blue)
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ali. No suggestions from you?
                    I personally feel the rims on E60 M5s were a mistake, thats why M6s rims fitted on M5s make the M5s look much much better, due to their nice look..

Want to make OEMs look better ? Get a lowering kit with some spacers, that will make it look meaner and better than spending 15K+ on rims :thumbsdown:

Comment

even though im just a nooby , but i go with P3RPL3XITY (Y)

Comment

HOLY! 30k for rims!!!!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I personally love the black rims more than the OEM. They look awesome, besides, I believe they should've made the rims bigger, 19 in perhaps OR same rims but lower profile tyres. Those look AWESOME! Good luck with ur choice. Just my 2 cents...! :D

Past Ride: E39 530i
                        Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                        Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

in Turkish we have a saying

"if you are feeding a lion, do NOT complain about feeding expenses"

this is an M6, if u wanna make it good u should be ready to spend some money

BBS or stock

but i agree with Ssense, spacers and a decent lowering will also make it look better

Comment

Originally posted by WS86 View Post
                            Bro ur car and rims looks really great mashallah after seeing it live ,
                            please try to keep ur rims without painting , if u want it soo bad get another used original rims and paint them black :)
                            Thanks Waleed. Thats a very nice suggestion.

Originally posted by salmankk View Post
                            Ur ride looks nice masallah keep it the way it is.
                            Thanks Salamn.

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                            I personally feel the rims on E60 M5s were a mistake, thats why M6s rims fitted on M5s make the M5s look much much better, due to their nice look..

Want to make OEMs look better ? Get a lowering kit with some spacers, that will make it look meaner and better than spending 15K+ on rims :thumbsdown:
                            Thanks Ali. I love the look of the OEM rims. Its just that my car will be having this White/CF outlook. So, I wanted to have some opinions on how the blacked out rims would fit with the theme.

But I agree with you spennding 15k + on rims does not make any sense. I am not too sure about the lowering and spacers as yet. I have to manage a lot of humps and bumpps everyday. :lol:

Thanks for your advise. And don't hold back bro. Keep em coming.

Originally posted by hamoodi_7 View Post
                            HOLY! 30k for rims!!!!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I personally love the black rims more than the OEM. They look awesome, besides, I believe they should've made the rims bigger, 19 in perhaps OR same rims but lower profile tyres. Those look AWESOME! Good luck with ur choice. Just my 2 cents...! :D
                            Thanks Hamoodi. I believe that the rims are 19 in.

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                            in Turkish we have a saying

"if you are feeding a lion, do NOT complain about feeding expenses"

this is an M6, if u wanna make it good u should be ready to spend some money

BBS or stock

but i agree with Ssense, spacers and a decent lowering will also make it look better
                            Thanks Hassan. I like the Turkish saying. Trust me, I am spending a **** load of money on the M6. However, I have my limitations and need to stay within them. I love BBS rims just like you do. But I cannot get them just yet. Perhaps after some time.
                            sigpic

Comment

get replica BBS ;)

but proper replicas huh, SimonXXX knows a manufacturer in the States, contact him

Comment

im with Ali, but try to find some proper brand new rims (19"), im going for the same and ll let you know wht im thinking, we ll be in the same line of mods dont worry :)

my opinion to keep the stock rims not painted coz i saw alot and all of them are simply ugly, IMO.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                                E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Working...
                                X