SMG Pump Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Purchased !

Okay, I went in a trip to Sharjah hoping to find the CHF and thankfully i found one ! Went flying back home ....

I reached n i filled the tank and started the manual bleeding process ... I started shifting gears while having the ignition in position 2 and re-filled the tank to the correct level ... took the car for a test drive and SMG fault went away ....

I'll take it to *** after New Year... I'll keep you guys updated in the mean while !
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

glad you found the oil on a friday.. so how much was it?

Comment

45 AED / Liter !

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

did you fix the leak or not yet, i guess it would probably be the smg pump leaking!!

Comment

I didn't fix the leak yet... I'm planning to put the car at *** on Saturday morning!

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Hope you get it fixed soon and keep us updated Rifo :)

Comment

sure will do :)...

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I was at *** today and it turned out that my leak is coming from the Actuator which pushes the clutch in !!! & that could be the reason why my clutch is slipping sometimes because there isn't enough pressure in the Actuator to engage the clutch..

Just ordered it from Germany using DHL shipping method.. Will keep you guys updated !

Need Assistance?
                  eMail:
                  Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

good luck.. hope things get sorted out after that :)

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Good to hear. It's just a simple replacement then.
                      Keep us posted !
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

How much is it for?

Comment

i think he told me something like 900.. 1100 with shipping

Comment

The price that you will get from AGMC or ADM is around 1400 AED ... but I'm getting it for 915 AED and DHL order for another 200 AED ...

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Good deal, money saved spent on installation.
                              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

CLUTCH !!

I forgot to update you guys.... okay I've got an interesting story to tell !

So I bought the actuator, took it to *** and got it fixed. It took 15 minutes to remove the old actuator and install the new actuator BUT it took them & I from 8.30 AM to 2 PM to bleed the god damn SMG .. I bled the entire assembly around 12 times until finally it got okay.

NEW INFO !!
                                I've been driving the car for almost 2 weeks with the new actuator but I was not completely satisfied with the performance of the clutch and the slipping point ...etc.

I took the car for HPDS and TADA!!! Car stopped and SMG Fault came up !! I stopped to check the SMG oil level and it was okay. I tried to switch the car on but it wouldn't !!

I tried shifting gears when car was in ignition position 2 but gears won't shift !! I ended up towing the car back to Dubai and driving the club's car.. Shak called me today to tell me that my clutch was BROKEN into two pieces !!! Luckily there was a clutch kit in Shj AGMC so i bought it and I will deliver it to *** around 2.30 PM this after noon .... I'll keep you guys updated..

meanwhile, here are some pics of the new clutch..

Need Assistance?
                                eMail:
                                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                                X