No announcement yet.

The Photographer's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to know! Still playing around with it these days :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ozimandius View Post
      Aloha. I just bought my first DSLR recently, a Nikon D3000, and was hoping someone could share some tips on how to take proper car pictures, especially when they're in motion?
      increase ISO slightly... slow the shutter speed a bit. focus on your target track it and use the burst mode.

it's called panning.

Comment

very nice man keep up the good work :)

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
        E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
        E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
        E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
        E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
        E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
        E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
        E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

Aloha. I just bought my first DSLR recently, a Nikon D3000, and was hoping someone could share some tips on how to take proper car pictures, especially when they're in motion?
          Congrats man! D3000 is a good start ... the one and only tip from my side will be PRACTICE PRACTICE and PRACTICE... the more u do it the better results u'll have..! ENJOY

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
          Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys!

Comment

@SSence, Bruno, Hasan, rifo, salty : Thanks guys :)

Ok this is called a Panning shot. Its kind of easy and you needs a lot of practice to start out with. Bump the shutter speed according to the speed of the vehicle and keep tracking the subject to keep it in focus and blur the background. You can do 2 types of pannings, one your stationary and shooting a car and another you are also moving in another vehicle. The second type is easier but like I said, its all about how much you practice, that will help you get a clear idea of the approx shutter speed.

Originally posted by R i F o View Post
              Moe, Hiten, and faisal are our Photographers here.. You guys will get along.
              Ive seen their work. Brilliant is the word. Am looking forward to meeting all of you guys. How often do you guys have get togethers?

Comment

Thanks, still working on the million different options in the camera, hehe.

Comment

Z4 + mild photoshop

Hello everyone...

Thought of sharing some of my photo shoots and photoshop skills to get some feedback on improving... your comments are highly appriciated

:bmwflag:

Comment

Originally posted by Mayed View Post
                    Hello everyone...

Thought of sharing some of my photo shoots and photoshop skills to get some feedback on improving... your comments are highly appriciated

:bmwflag:
                    Nice! but I have some comments if u dont mind.

a bit grainy and dark..

I like the colors but the lower cropping is odd and that taxi is killing it.

Cropping is odd again, In addition to the foggy effect or blur, its not doing u any good in here!

I hope that you find this useful, I'm no expert or anything but I just wanted to share my opinion..show us more pics plz :D
                    Cheers.

ps. moderators plz move this to the photographer's thread.
                    Last edited by Moe; 04-11-2010, 01:34 AM.

Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Thanks for the comments... but could you explain more on the cropping?? and btw the images here are of lower resolution....I have the originals on flickr, maybe that would solve your concern with the grainon the first pic....

Thanx for your comments and hope my future shoot turn to be better...

will upload more shoots soon inshallah...

Comment

Mayed, Moe is like the Godfather when it comes to Photoshop, follow his advise and you should be good :)

Comment

Well done guys.

Keep em coming.

+ 1 to Ali
                          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

i agree with Moe about the blur, i prefer natural lens blur rather than artificial blur.

but great shot nonethelss

Comment

Originally posted by Mayed View Post
                              Thanks for the comments... but could you explain more on the cropping?? and btw the images here are of lower resolution....I have the originals on flickr, maybe that would solve your concern with the grainon the first pic....

Thanx for your comments and hope my future shoot turn to be better...

will upload more shoots soon inshallah...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There u go man, i've pointed out the odd crops and some other distractors.

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                              Mayed, Moe is like the Godfather when it comes to Photoshop, follow his advise and you should be good :)
                              thanks man, but I'm not a Godfather of anything lol ! :P

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Canon 450D with standard 18-55 Lens!
                                Shutter 5", ISO 200, F12

Comment

Working...
                                X