No announcement yet.

2012 BMW 1-series M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE what BMW is doing with this new pocket rocket. I think they are the best in the business (alongside Porsche) in creating cult cars, cult cars that are affordable that is. Seriously, this will be a cult car. My expectation is that it will be taken out of the showrooms straight into tuning houses. I don't think too many owners would bother about the warranty. Not with the gained knowledge from the 335i and 135i models.

One day you luscious thing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      I LOVE what BMW is doing with this new pocket rocket. I think they are the best in the business (alongside Porsche) in creating cult cars, cult cars that are affordable that is. Seriously, this will be a cult car. My expectation is that it will be taken out of the showrooms straight into tuning houses. I don't think too many owners would bother about the warranty. Not with the gained knowledge from the 335i and 135i models.

One day you luscious thing!!!
      I hope what you say is true. Not very sure though.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

You watch and see..

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

You watch and see..
          I am praying for it.
          sigpic

Comment

New Photos: BMW 1 Series M Coupe – Interior Shots Included

New photos of the BMW 1 Series M Coupe surface on the web. Part of a recent test drive that took place in Germany, a new series of photos have been released, including some more detailed interior shots.

As we mentioned before, the 1M features the Life Cycle Impulse treatment we will see on all the 1 Series Coupe and Convertible models beginning in January. The car will also get the LED treatment.

According to sources at BMW UK, no build limit has been set yet, but production will only run for a 8-9 month.

BMW 1M is powered by an engine based on N54 twin-turbo delivering 340 horsepower, 44 hp more than the standard engine in the 135i and 57 hp less than the naturally aspirated 4.0-liter V8-powered M3. Engine is matted to a six-speed manual.

Despite its looks closer to the 135i Coupe model, the new 1 Series M Coupe is almost an entirely different car. Almost every suspension part is different. The springs are stiffer and the dampers have less travel, the bushings of the trailing arms are changed from rubber to joint balls and some rubber ones are stiffer.

The suspension cannot be adjusted – also to keep the cost down. The front axle carrier is the same as in the 135i, but in the rear the one of the M3 is used.

The body is lowered by 10 mm (0.4 in) and the track is approximately 30 mm wider up front and between 30 to 40 mm wider at the rear. The brakes are completely different from the 135i Coupe with M Compound brakes.

Full details and official photos will be released in December with a January debut at the Detroit Motor Show.

Source: bmwblog

Comment

Daem!

I guess Ayham is right. It looks like the makings of a cult car.
              sigpic

Comment

nice! but the seat look like cheap to me IMO

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

:iagree:

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                  E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                  E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                  E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                  E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                  E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                    nice! but the seat look like cheap to me IMO
                    Dude, it weighs less.

Its all about weight reduction.
                    sigpic

Comment

even so, at least better shape!

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Again, those are Prototypes !!
                        sigpic
                        07' HFP Accord | Current
                        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

That one in Paris had the same paint they used for the M1 Hommage model, no?

Still waiting for something on that storyline

Comment

EVO Drives the 1 series prototype

[YOUTUBE]7cUYJEGNsj4[/YOUTUBE]

Source

Comment

video is very lame and this presenter should do the horoscopes on the local radio not more! waiting for a proper video soon i hope.

Comment

^ A bit harsh on Chris isn't it? he's done much better reviews where you hear the opinion of a very good driver, and he's not trying to be another Clarkson copy. Watch his review of the 458.

Comment

Working...
                                X