2012 BMW 1-series M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 BMW 1-series M Coupe

For the first time since the rumors and spy photos hit the web, BMW officially confirms the existence of the upcoming BMW 1M, or M1 as we referred to in the past. In an interview with Auto-News.de (Google Translation), Dr. Kay Segler, BMW M Division boss, confirms that the 1-Series based M model will arrive in the second quarter of 2011.

While he went on record to confirm the new M car, Segler has yet to reveal the chosen name of this enthusiast M model. Furthermore, Segler mentioned that the M1 badging will not be used for this new car, and that the designation M1 should remain attached to the original M1 supercar produced in 30 years ago.

The German magazine goes on by mentioning the name 135i M, a label that we have suggested before as well. Based on these information, we continue to believe that the top two choices remain the 1M and the aforementioned 135i M.

As we stated before, the 1M model is based on the 135i Coupe and it uses an updated engine of the same car. Expectations are that the horsepower numbers will be in the 340-350 range, up from 306 horsepower found in the standard engine.

The 1-Series based M car will run in small numbers due to the short life-cycle(around 12 months), and will result in a collector’s vehicle with little loss of residual value, or even, possibly becoming an appreciative asset.

With a launch scheduled for second quarter of 2011, we expect the gran unveiling to take place either at Detroit Auto Show next year (U.S. market remains the primarily target for M division), or at the Geneva Motor Show with the other major M release, F10 M5.
    Source: bmwblog

A collector's vehicle aye?

I am not too sure about that.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

if they end up taking the CSL route then this will be an asset rather than a car. i would still have a close eye on this one.

i've never bought a brand new car in my life and i would like something different to be that first brand new car of mine

Comment

Bruno Bhai!

I pray that you get your brand new car very soon.

The delivery presentation is a great experience. I hope you shall enjoy it very soon.

You should come with me if I buy my car before you do.

Provided, I can sell my Alpina at a good price and you are willing to invest some time.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

naa im not in a hurry... probably in 2011 i'll get some new car but for now hanging on to my cars

maskhoor hassan Bhai

Comment

God I love the way that car looks... this should be a show stopper! :drool:
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

:drool: if thats the final product! it looks amazing!!!! look at those fenders! :D

cant wait for it to come here
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

The new BMW Icon I believe ... this will be an alternative E30 !
                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

^^+1
                  sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

life cycle of 1 year....... doesn't make sense at all!

the Z4M was produced for approx 2.5 years and is rare...... the hp & torque figures won't be that impressive coz the 135 can be tuned to much higher than that, but i hope the other ///M stuff make this car really special..

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I would jump it if it ran an NA engine, 4 or 6 cylinders.

Comment

^ if u still prefer N/A engines you have to look elsewhere...... very soon all bimmers will get turbos :P:P:P

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

This car, as is the case with the X5/6 Ms, is a test run for the next era of turbocharged M engines for both the M3 and the M5. No risk limited run lab-rat for testing the engines.

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                            The new BMW Icon I believe ... this will be an alternative E30 !
                            Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                            ^^+1
                            never!!
                            Meskovic
                            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

They both need to drive one to understand....

And I won't look elsewhere, BMW has made many NA M classics over the decades and it's time to look in the bin :D

Comment

Working...
                              X