No announcement yet.

2011 BMW M5 F10 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Flickering lights isn't a safety feature, it is because the frequency of the LED rear taillights is different than that of the camera... if you remember old movies, whenever they show a TV screen or a computer screen, you will see a line slowly going down the screen.... Anyways, this could be my next car, can't wait to see it in the flesh :drool:
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

^ That I know and it's true...

But I've seen it with my REAL eyes on roads, trust me it's Flickering..(more on the X6s)

Extra safety.
      Adaptive Brake Lights on the BMW X6.
      One reason for the high visibility of the BMW X6 is the Adaptive Brake Lights. When you brake normally, the back lights go on as normal; when you brake in an emergency, they blink several times per second to warn the cars behind. When every split-second counts, this enhances safety all round.
      http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...e_display.html

Clear statements.
      Brake Force Display on the BMW 5 Series Sedan.
      Sudden stops - emergency braking - are not a regular element of everyday driving. But it's precisely at these moments that the fast reactions of drivers are most important. Brake Force Display is a dual-stage brake light system. For normal braking, both main light elements are illuminated; for harder, sudden braking, the rear fog lights also glow bright. Drivers behind intuitively understand and can react accordingly.

E46 M3 as well..

http://www.usautoparts.net/bmw/techn...ce_display.htm
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Some of them Blink, others active the fog lights and others increase the brake red light area ! :)

[youtube]h35smNCI6lY&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]F_2DxlcyRHg&feature=related[/youtube]
        sigpic
        07' HFP Accord | Current
        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

Comment

the blinking brakes must be a new feature fro sure... F1 style

Comment

The bright lights when braking is from the ABLAS system, Adaptive Brake Light Active System..

Whereas the flickering is concerned, its a module aftermarket companies used to produce for various cars but now BMW is introducing it in their cars, you can adjust the blinking while hard braking from 1-10 times at a single press..

Here's an example of the brake module installed on a 330ci..

[youtube]QO4zXVZpktw[/youtube]

Comment

^ That's custom made ;)
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current

Comment

Ehssan bro ! You got work, I need that flickering on my brake lights :D

Comment

LED middle brake light is a must Dude ,,, other wise will look very cheap to have the normal bulb flickering ....

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                    LED middle brake light is a must Dude ,,, other wise will look very cheap to have the normal bulb flickering ....
                    Alright Alright :blah:

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                      :rofl2:

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                        :rofl2:
                        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

wow it feels good to be "SSense" for one post :P :runaway:
                            sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                            E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                            E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                            E23 735i - Sold

Comment

BMW M5 F10 on Nurburgring

[YOUTUBE]oVBamIzSJQY[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Looks and sounds heavy.

It is pretty. Envy the lucky dogs enjoying it around the ring.
                                sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
                                X