2011 BMW M5 F10 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 BMW M5 F10 Thread

These are the latest spy photos of the upcoming new BMW M5 F10, caught here in and around the Nurburgring track testing performance tires wth Pirelli.

The considerably less camouflage tells us that there will be enough stylistic cues on the new M5 to distinguish it properly from the recently introduced new 5-Series model.

The most notable feature of the 2011 M5, though, will be the new powerplant. BMW's 4.4 liter twin-turbo V8, already introduced in the X5 M and X6 M, will be replacing the current generation's 5.0 liter V10. The 4.4 liter comes configured to 578 hp and with some other great numbers too - improving the 0 to 100 km/h sprint by 0.3 seconds over the current M5, increasing torque by 40 percent and dialing down fuel consumption by about 30 percent.

BMW has also nixed any plans for a Touring (wagon) variant for the M5. Perhaps they feel the need to keep the sport sedan as pure as possible.

The new M5 will likely makes its debut at the end of this year and will go on sale early in 2011.
    Source: WCF

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Good power, and exterior seems nice!

Comment

the noticable advantage of the F10 over the E60 will be the torque, but the power at 578 ponies is also close to supercar territory :drool:

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

hmmmm doesnt seem that impressive TBH.... lets see what the finished product will look like
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

If the stock M5 is 578 HP , beleive me it will jump to 800 HP after mods .. like the current 335I which jumped from 306 to 530 HP at the moment .. and the mods is endless ... waaaw ... I want one ...

Comment

The all new BMW M5 shows its angel eyes

Comment

will be an interesting end product I'm sure!
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

3 weeks ago the m division invited me to test drive the car around. You will be impressed ;)

Comment

Really ?
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

3 weeks ago the m division invited me to test drive the car around. You will be impressed ;)
                    You too ?? Cuz they invited me too, what a coincidence :hmm:

Comment

i told them to invite us together next time. bastards! but they told me not to give details about the car so i shall remain silent.

Comment

guys, i sent the invitations after i finished developing the thing :)

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Video: 2012 BMW M5 spied at Nurburgring

The 2012 BMW M5 continues the testing process with more laps around the Nurburgring track. The F10 M5 will use an updated engine from the BMW X6 M. The 4.4-liter V8 twin-scroll powerplant will peak at around 570-580 horsepower and 530 lb-ft of torque. The acoustic, as seen in the video below, while not as exciting as the naturally aspirated engines, it is quite a pleasure to listen to.

To maintain its dynamics and sporty allure, BMW had to keep the weight down since the new bodystyle is bigger than the E60 model. To accomplish this, BMW makes extensive use of carbon-fiber and aluminum parts, starting with the a carbon-fiber roof. The car’s construction is a hybrid of an aluminum spaceframe for the front section and a traditional steel monocoque for the passenger compartment and rear. Up front will be an independent suspension with MacPherson struts, with a multi-link layout for the rear.

As expected in any M mode, the new F10 M5 sports a more aggressive front bumper than the regular 5 Series model. The wheel arches are also larger in order to emphasize the M-look. A side air intake is placed underneath the character line which climaxes at the wheel arch. The side skirts are more sculptured with plenty of concave/convex design lines allowing for good aerodynamics.
                          [YOUTUBE]HUV3uc9T7vw[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

Comment

Spy Shots: 2012 BMW M5 loses more camouflage

2012 BMW M5 was once again spotted by spy photographers on the Old Continent. With just a few months left before its official unveiling, the new F10 M5 enters the Final Evaluation Phase where the last kinks are being ironed out.

Part of this final testing phase, the test mules begin to lose their camouflage and more design details are being revealed.

Judging by these spy photos, the 2012 BMW M5 will be one of the most aggressive M to date with impressive road presence and massive looks.

The front-end gets the M treatment with the usual aggressive bumper and large air intake. The hood features the same sporty look with concave and convex shapes as seen in some of the newer BMWs. The design lines continue to flow from front to end and they become even more substantiated on the sides.

The M gills continue to be covered by the camouflage, but without a doubt, the M trademark will live in this model as well.

Judging by the spy photo, the car sits lower than the regular 5 Series and due to the wider rear fenders, it sports a more muscular look. Two different sets of M wheels are seen on this test mule, but unclear what is the reason behind this choice.

At the rear-end, the typical quad exhausts remain with a sculpted diffuser and central intake. A small bootlid spoiler allows the car to remain understated and restrained.

The 2012 BMW M5 is powered by an updated version of the engine found in the BMW X5 M and X6 M. The 4.4-liter V8 twin-scroll powerplant will peak at 578-horsepower and 530 lb-ft of torque. The 0-62 mph dash should take about 4.4 seconds, even though we expect to see lower track times. If the final horsepower numbers will stand, then the new M5 will have 60 horsepower more than the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG and similar output as the Audi RS6.

For the first time, the 2012 BMW M5 will sport a carbon-fiber roof. To keep the weight down in this slightly larger model, BMW will make extensive use of carbon-fiber and aluminum parts.

The 2012 BMW M5 goes on sale next Spring.

Source: bmwblog

Comment

she will be very fast

Comment

Working...
                              X