• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the car looks awesome...diffuser looks not bad
    overall aspect :luv:
    sigpic

Comment

BMW M Boss confirms next M5 powered by a V8 turbocharged

What started as a rumor last year, it has finally received some official BMW backup. The next generation 2012 BMW M5 will be indeed powered by a V8 turbocharged engine. The information comes from BMW’s M boss, Dr. Kay Segler, in a recent interview for Auto Bild.

The powerplant in the F10 M5 is based on the same unit found in the BMW X5 M and X6M, the twin scroll twin turbo version of the N63, known as the S63, with Cylinder-bank Comprehensive Manifold (CCM).

While Dr. Segler has not confirmed the power output, everyone’s expectations lie within the 585-600 horsepower range. As the M boss pointed out, the new M5 will offer the best of two worlds: for normal everyday driving and for use as a race car , triggered by a push of a button. “The philosophy of “Two Cars in One”, which we have once established, you will find it explicitly in this vehicle.”, said Dr. Segler.

The new BMW F10 M5 goes on sale in the second half of 2011.

The M-diesel powered question came up in the same interview. Dr. Segler states that a market would need to be identified for a potential M diesel and at this point, nor the North American or asian market are in high demand of diesels. Another question concerns the technology. In the diesel, there are currently no high-revs and “that’s why an M-diesel might not be technically feasible”, said Dr. Kay Segler.

However, the M boss points out that BMW’s customers are increasingly purchasing M-Sport packages and M accessories for their diesel vehicles, “therefore, diesel and sportiness are not mutually exclusive”.

BMW continues their field tests of the new BMW M5 and the vehicle, in a concept format, is rumored to launch at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2011.
      Source: bmwblog

Comment

:drool:....cant wait for this one!
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I don't think it shall be available in the middle east before 2012.
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I disagree with you Hasan... I think we'll be seeing some of the first models here! I'm sure the affluent people of the UAE want to get their hands on this machine as soon as humanly possible :D
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Dear Ahmed

We might see the new model on the roads, but I am sure we shall not see it at the show rooms before 2012.
              sigpic

Comment

It's sporty, but it's more size and luxury than sporty. Still, this is only a rendering and time will tell.
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I don't think time shall change the size or luxury.
                  sigpic

Comment

Won't see it before 2012 in the Middle East? I've seen one parked at Knowledge Village in Dubai. It was a 535i.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

From the pic above it looks like the m package. Noobs

Comment

Originally posted by Kain View Post
                        Won't see it before 2012 in the Middle East? I've seen one parked at Knowledge Village in Dubai. It was a 535i.
                        the guys are talking about the M5 :read:

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Whoops. :P

Comment

2011 BMW 535i

2011 BMW 535i Testing...

[YOUTUBE]fQ3gusdmTnc[/YOUTUBE]
                            sigpic
                            07' HFP Accord | Current
                            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Working...
                            X