2011 BMW 5 Series F10 Reveals More Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 BMW 5 Series F10 Reveals More Skin

A couple of BMW executives have described the upcoming BMW 5 Series to WCF as probably the most beautiful BMW of our time. More and more the black and white psychedelic camo is being set aside so its' only a matter of time before these subjective claims are proven or shattered. These latest spy pictures show the car with an undisguised front grille, fog lights and new aluminium wheels. The headlights, wavy bonnet lines and taillights show clear relations with both the 3 and the 7 Series.

When the Fiver goes on sale in 2010 it will set the tone for a number of new BMW engines. Yes there will be the usual 3.0-litre straight six types, both petrol and diesel. And yes the 300kW (408hp) 4.4-litre twin turbo V8 is a definite for the 550i at least. But the bottom end should be most interesting because of rumours about new four-cylinder petrol turbo engines coming to the fore. The new ActiveHybrid system used in the X6 and 7 Series may also be installed in the 5.

As is normally the case expect to see Touring (wagon) and xDrive AWD models in the lineup.

Not much is known about the interior but it's safe to say an evolution of the 7er and the 5 Series GT would be an accurate picture. That means the stylish plastic gear knob found in automatic transmissions and the updated iDrive system will be included.
    Source: World Car Fans

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Looks hot !! :D
    + Alpine White is :drool::drool:
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

this should be a sick 5er :drool:

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

:drool:

Comment

should be interesting... can't wait to see it first hand! :drool:
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

so far so god :drool:
            sigpic
            BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Looks good, but for me, looking at the car side ways, it lost the touch of a 5 series! it looks like a mini 7 series! i'm used to 5 series being a sporty look away from the elegance of the 7 series! My opinion ;)
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                Looks good, but for me, looking at the car side ways, it lost the touch of a 5 series! it looks like a mini 7 series! i'm used to 5 series being a sporty look away from the elegance of the 7 series! My opinion ;)
                :whathesaid::iagree::iagree:

Comment

^ +2

Comment

actually all the new designs looks almost identical example the new z4 ,7 series and this one they almost look the same especially from front.
                    I like it as a shape but it would become boring to have all the series almost identical from front side!!
                    sigpic
                    :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

^ very true! Whats happeneingto creativity level! common BMW! Merc is killing us with their new E class! my neighbor has one, AMG package, and my God it looks amaaaazing!
                      sigpic
                      Audi R8 - White / Blk
                      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Let's wait and see the M5 out of this...
                        sigpic
                        07' HFP Accord | Current
                        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
                          Let's wait and see the M5 out of this...
                          +1 :D
                          sigpic
                          BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Interior Shots

The next-generation BMW 5-series F10 is a much anticipated release for the Bavarian automaker, with the model being one of those mid-level products that can come to define a brand as much as any other.

In this most recent set of spy shots we get a peek inside new 5-series too. A certain amount of camouflaging is being done here (just like the exterior) so that not much is given away until BMW decides it is time to debut the car. But it's natural to assume there will be lots of cues borrowed from the current 7-series as well as the 5-series GT.

BMW executives have stated the 5-series will be a great looking car - or at least, that is one of their primary goals with the new model. And the next-generation will definitely have to strike the proper notes of elegance and sportiness in order to make an impact in the marketplace.

Drivetrains expected are the usual 6-cylinder diesels and petrol/gasoline engines. Interesting to note is the rumored possibility of a direct-injection, turbocharged 4-cylinder gasoline/petrol engine making its way to the entry-level motorization for the 5-series. Leading the 5-series range, besides the M5, will be the 550i with the 4.4 liter twin-turbo V8.

The 5-series may also come fitted with the ActiveHybrid system seen in the X6 and 7-series.

The next-generation 5-series is expected to debut in 2010.

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i hope the 4-cyl turbo version makes it's way to the production line.....

BMW history:
                              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
                              X