No announcement yet.

SALIK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salik is all about pain ! I had to cancel my old Salik tag which was on my previous 530i, to cancel that I had to fax them and make so many calls, finally after all the torture they caused me they cancelled it.

Comment

Early on Sunday morning, I thought of giving Salik Toll Free a call and pleading them to activate my account. BTW this is the 4th time I called them..
      I spoke to their customer assistant, who took some details from me after I complained about their service and after that he asked me to fax him the copy of my registration. He also added before closing the call that, "Sir, dont worry, your account will be surely activated within the next 24 hours, ill personally work on it to ensure it gets activated."
      Now its been more than 72 hours and I havent got any msg yet :dunno:
      Thats it ! Ive decided , now onwards whatever they do, I dont give a damn about Salik ! Ive got all the reports of the faxes that i had faxed my registration copy to the account activation dept 4 times.
      What a poor service they've got ! :puke:

Comment

keep us posted bro.

call again tomorrow and yell at them!

Comment

Noway im calling them again :nono: Im going to yell at them when they fine me, ill literally sue them..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
            Noway im calling them again :nono: Im going to yell at them when they fine me, ill literally sue them..
            you can sue people in dubai?!?!?!

awesome, didnt think this was america.

:D

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              Early on Sunday morning, I thought of giving Salik Toll Free a call and pleading them to activate my account. BTW this is the 4th time I called them..
              I spoke to their customer assistant, who took some details from me after I complained about their service and after that he asked me to fax him the copy of my registration. He also added before closing the call that, "Sir, dont worry, your account will be surely activated within the next 24 hours, ill personally work on it to ensure it gets activated."
              Now its been more than 72 hours and I havent got any msg yet :dunno:
              Thats it ! Ive decided , now onwards whatever they do, I dont give a damn about Salik ! Ive got all the reports of the faxes that i had faxed my registration copy to the account activation dept 4 times.
              What a poor service they've got ! :puke:
              man thats exactly what happened to me. it took them about a month to process my salik thats why i got those stupid fines! :thumbsdown:

Comment

Originally posted by BMWe46 View Post
                man thats exactly what happened to me. it took them about a month to process my salik thats why i got those stupid fines! :thumbsdown:
                Its been more than 2 months for me now, since they havent activated my account.. they will face the consequences and not me :nono:

Comment

have you started to yell at them?!

Comment

Nope, as I said before Im not calling them again :nono:
                    Waiting for the day that I get a fine for not putting a Salik and thats when Ill yell at them..

Comment

For the exact reasons you're all mentioning below, when i bought my M3, i agreed with the seller that instead of him cancelling his salik and me opeing a new account, i would simply "inherit" his account and change the account details online. I paid him the 50aed that he had left on his tag, went online and there you can change all parts of the account except the user ID...the password, the contact telephone number etc. This was really straightforward, there's no complications at all and there's now absolutely nothing on the salik account which refers to the previous owner...the salik account is now entirely mine. I'd certainly recommend this course of action to anyone buying a used car from a private seller...
                      theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
                      Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
                      Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
                      Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

In my case the old tag was cancelled already and then I had to buy a fresh new tag, now that I want it to get activated its getting more complicated everytime I call them. I wish it was a transfer, but my previous owner opted to cancel his tag before selling his car to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X