SALIK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SALIK!

Just today ive checked dubai police website and saw my records having two consecutive fines for not having a tag! Ive had since the first week it came out, and the fine says June 2008. Now my car is due for registration I do not think I have time to refund my fines... Any of you guys had the same nightmare from salik?

Originally posted by BMWe46 View Post
    Any of you guys had the same nightmare from salik?
    Many nightmares I assume!
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Our house is the SALIK House Of Pain!!!

Comment

dude, I had the same problem.

You need to file a dispute letter at the following locations:

a) Deira License and Registration department ( behind Dubai Police HQ ) - (Sunday to Thursday -7:30am till 2:30pm)

b) Barsha Tasjeel station ( behind Bur Dubai Police Station – Sheikh Zayed Road ) – (Sunday to Wednesday - 7:00am till 9:00pm) & (Thursday 7:30am till 2:00pm)

c) Al Qussais Tasjeel station ( Area Name : Muhaisna 4 )- (Sunday to Wednesday - 7:00am till 9:00pm) & (Thursday 7:30am till 2:00pm)

Once you get there, a Salik representative will help you - bring your car registration card, license and salik ID details. When he finishes the letter, ask for a copy of the dispute letter so when you register the car, you don't pay for the fines (or any other proof that you filed a dispute - if they ask you why, tell them that you are registering your car soon)

You will only get feedback within 15 working days (I know it sucks!)

When you want to register your car, when they ask to pay for the fines, show them that you filled a dispute form.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MCS View Post
          dude, I had the same problem.

You need to file a dispute letter at the following locations:

a) Deira License and Registration department ( behind Dubai Police HQ ) - (Sunday to Thursday -7:30am till 2:30pm)

b) Barsha Tasjeel station ( behind Bur Dubai Police Station – Sheikh Zayed Road ) – (Sunday to Wednesday - 7:00am till 9:00pm) & (Thursday 7:30am till 2:00pm)

c) Al Qussais Tasjeel station ( Area Name : Muhaisna 4 )- (Sunday to Wednesday - 7:00am till 9:00pm) & (Thursday 7:30am till 2:00pm)

Once you get there, a Salik representative will help you - bring your car registration card, license and salik ID details. When he finishes the letter, ask for a copy of the dispute letter so when you register the car, you don't pay for the fines (or any other proof that you filed a dispute - if they ask you why, tell them that you are registering your car soon)

You will only get feedback within 15 working days (I know it sucks!)

When you want to register your car, when they ask to pay for the fines, show them that you filled a dispute form.

Good luck!
          Quick thinking dude !
          :msolved:
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Salik gates are one of the worst things that took place in UAE ! Useless service, no updates of anything. Ive bought a Salik tag when we guys had the meeting at Al Khaymah, if anyone remembers. Till today, they havent sent me any activation code. Ive called them and they asked me to send them a copy of my license with the Tag # to the activation department, ive faxed that to the activation dept THRICE and no feedback yet, what service are they offering ?! Yeah, but if they want to fine you, that's the first thing they'll do or when you have enough credit in your Salik account, they'll still ask you to feed some credit to your Salik account to avoid fines. They're busy and quick in filing fines more than just activating people's accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              Salik gates are one of the worst things that took place in UAE ! Useless service, no updates of anything. Ive bought a Salik tag when we guys had the meeting at Al Khaymah, if anyone remembers. Till today, they havent sent me any activation code. Ive called them and they asked me to send them a copy of my license with the Tag # to the activation department, ive faxed that to the activation dept THRICE and no feedback yet, what service are they offering ?! Yeah, but if they want to fine you, that's the first thing they'll do or when you have enough credit in your Salik account, they'll still ask you to feed some credit to your Salik account to avoid fines. They're busy and quick in filing fines more than just activating people's accounts.
              send them a copy and get it fixed before they come after your *** - hahaha that'll be a cracker!
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post

I had the exact issue. They started fining me, and I had proof that I was following up with them on this and they never go back to me.

After I made the complaint, I'm not exaggerating when I say that I got over 10 sms's with my activation code (in English and Arabic)!

Comment

Im not going to go after them to send me the activation codes and by any chance if I get a fine ive kept the faxed documents with me to prove that I had done what I was supposed to do :)
                  Not once or twice :nono: but thrice

Comment

although i'm totally against the concept of salik, which obviously isn't about diverting traffic (as all roads will have salik in a year or two..), but i must say i haven't had any issues or wrong fines etc..

i even emailed them asking to cancel my salik after selling the car, and it was cancelled the next day :D

i must be a VIP customer :tongue:

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Yeah, good customer service for you :)
                      I dont get the point of Salik, i think it's a failed project :thumbsdown:

Comment

Ok tell me this if you pass it once without a tag, how long do u have to get a tag and get that fine deleted??? or you dont ???
                        Audi TT (2009)
                        Infiniti G35 (2008)
                        Evo 8- Sold

Dont know what you have until you lose it

Comment

I think you have 1 or 2 days or something like that... I know for a new car they give you 24hrs before getting a tag
                          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Thats what even I heard, within 2 days get a tag or get a fine.

Comment

i had quite a problem when i had to change the details of the salik tag - as in . . .
                              My current no. plate was on my drivers old 525 - i took the plate off that one and put it to my e92. . . now to register the change . . i took me 4 fax's, plenty of calls to salik . . and 1 very memorable chat with some cute sounding arab customer service woman . .:P

But apart from that . . .it was a pain!!
                              2008 325i coupe
                              Stock

Comment

Working...
                              X