No announcement yet.

335i or a m3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in my opinion, owning any m sounds much better than owning any other bmw. but there is always a financial side.. if the maintenance of a second hand m3 will cost a lot, then the situation should be reconsidered. if it is a clean one, an m is always an m..
    E46 330CI Convertible
    sigpic

Comment

If you've ever been the proud owner of an M car then you'll know that it's worth every penny! It will drive u nuts half the time but u'll be on cloud No. 9 when it doesn't and that's what makes it so beautiful...

There is nothing to me in this world that sounds and feels better than driving an M3... absolute utopia!!!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

One major fact I can't sleep on; the 335i will be the best tuning platform from BMW given its engine and snails...I saw a video a while back where they fitted an LSD to it and I couldn't see the M3 leading like before in terms of performance. A set of coilovers sorts out the shortcomings of a Lada if wish to. But at this stage your 335i has costed you wooping AED300K+..

135i + LSD + coilovers FTW! Best of all worlds...

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. I think I will still go for the e46 m3. Its something I always wanted. What's more, I do enjoy working on cars. I had only one new car in my years of car ownership and I can tell you this. I was bored stiff coz there was nothing for me to work on.

So...its off this evening to see a m3 someone gave me the lead on and hope for the best. :yuhoo:
          My Past BMWs
          1972 2002 Ti, 1986 E30 318i, 1988 E30 325i, 1996 E36 320i, 2002 E46 330ci, 2003 E53 4.4V8

sigpic

Comment

If you miss your 2002 ti then I would go for the 135 tii (135i plus all parts from the performance catalogue)
            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Good luck with the hunt !
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

or assume this situation: if both cars have no warranty i will go with the one that doesn't have the turbos because at one point insurance won't do me good and the maintenance will be worse.

the 335 has one of the best in-line twinturbo engine in the world with great moding potential which doesn’t rule it out. It is really what the owner wants to drive at the end of the day.

If I didn’t have an M3 now and had the patience to wait for those lovely 135s I would’ve ordered one from US with my specs lol

Comment

Let me just say this, the time and money spent on a NON-M car to get it to M spec and condition will only be equal to having a stock M car. And, lest we forget ! And M is an M !

Now, since an E46 M3 is cheaper for you to buy here. I'd say go for it !
                  It will cost you as much as the 335i with warranty will for maintanence but in atleast 4-5 years to come if not more . That does depend on your usage ofcourse !

The E46 M3 has tried and tested mods and parts, a bit more than the 335i . And, it's the better track beast .

335i is the car you'd want for an occasional Track Evening every now and then. Since it's the car of choice for a late night with a good show ! But, warranty and aftermarket parts don't exactly go well together !
                  So, by the time you can start modding. Youve got maintanence AND mods on your hands. Plus the big cash you paid in the beginning . Although the car will give you great results when modded properly .

It's upto you !
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

check this, it should help

[youtube]9ZGwpifULe4[/youtube]
                    To leave the world far behind...
                    sigpic
                    ////\/\
                    IS THE ANSWER

Comment

M is all the way !

Comment

Get the ///M !!
                        sigpic
                        07' HFP Accord | Current
                        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

If you just like the feeling of having a M then get it . If you want Luxury/warranty/problem free car then get the 335. 335 is more elegant M is muscular looking.
                          you decide :)
                          :evil::evil: COME ON MANCHESTER UNITED :evil::evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Nikster View Post
                            If you just like the feeling of having a M then get it . If you want Luxury/warranty/problem free car then get the 335. 335 is more elegant M is muscular looking.
                            +1

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                            Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nikster View Post
                              Ms are problem free cars too, nothing to worry if you have the M.
                              Moreover, think once what does the M stand for and then decide getting a 335 or the M :thanks:

Comment

the dull aspect

I know its dull but its worth mentioning that the E92 coupe is a real 4-seater, I couldn't believe how much room there is in the back!

After seeing how spacious they are, now when I see one I notice that it shows in the roofline, which is a bit too long for my tastes, but I had not noticed before.

Comment

Working...
                                X