Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im on the Porsche site right now, looking at 911 GT2, this car is really getting me interested in it. 530 hp, 0-100 in 3.7 secs and a top speed of 329 Km/h !
    Sure this one's a monster !
    Ive also heard that the maintenance costs involved are really high, its not easy to maintain a Porsche.

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
      Ali ...msn ?
      Sure !

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
        Im on the Porsche site right now, looking at 911 GT2, this car is really getting me interested in it. 530 hp, 0-100 in 3.7 secs and a top speed of 329 Km/h !
        Sure this one's a monster !
        Ive also heard that the maintenance costs involved are really high, its not easy to maintain a Porsche.
        Owning high-end cars is a quest the owner should be aware of. You can't afford to skimp on them, or else your investment in 'em is a bad one....A well cared for example will almost always get you your money back. Brakes are ceramic, Turbos are titanium with variable blade geometry (too complicated to explain), lightweight chassis and panels (the whole car is around 1400kg!!), good tires are a MUST, suspension is track-sorted off the showroom, etc....

You get what you pay for ;)

Comment

996 and 997 are chassis number just like E46 or E39 .... the 996 represents the old shape and the 997 represents the current shape....

997 Turbo : 0-100 in 3.7 s
          997 GT2 : 0-100 in 3.6 s
          997 GT3 : 0-100 in 3.7 s

dunno about technical stuff for each car !! guess Nabil would help
          exactly, GT2s are known to be widowmakers, GT3s are real race car breed track cars, the turbo has power and comfort, the GT is at the top, the gemballa GT is said to be one of the most powerful
          Meskovic
          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
            the gemballa GT is said to be one of the most powerful
            You speak of it as if it's extinct and existed 65,000,000 years ago :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              The GT3 is a naturally aspirated 3.6L V6 boxer-layout engine that produces 385bhp and 381N.m of torque. (Your E39 M5 produces 400Nm of torque, for comparison)
              The 996 GT3 u mentioned specs for is a V6 compared to the E39 M5's V8 engine ;)

This might help :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT3

At 415 hp (309 kW), the 3.6 litre flat-six engine in the 997 GT3 and GT3 RS is the most powerful naturally aspirated six cylinder engine in any production car.
              :hi:
              Meskovic
              this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

You speak of it as if it's extinct and existed 65,000,000 years ago :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
                lol :D

well the GT is not in production anymore :welcome2:
                Meskovic

Comment

bravo our porsche guy :D
                  Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                  Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                  Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                  Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                  1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                  Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                  eMail:
                  Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Aware of that. But torque is a vague output to most people, and he could perfectly relate to the bench mark E39 M5.

Here's how it's explained (and I quote Ra'ed Himmo on this one):

Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Horsepower is how fast you're going when you hit the wall, and torque is how far you drag the wall with you.
                    :D

Comment

Aware of that. But torque is a vague output to most people, and he could perfectly relate to the bench mark E39 M5.

Here's how it's explained (and I quote Ra'ed Himmo on this one):

I read this one and fell on the floor :rofl:
                      Meskovic

Comment

bravo our porsche guy :D
                        I still prefer to be called a BMW guy :irule:

keefak dude? miss me? :D
                        Meskovic

Comment

yup dude ....long time ago .... hope ur rdy for ur track day at the 20th ;)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                          eMail:
                          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Thanks for all that info guys! Im sure its enough for a guy like me who doesnt have any idea between so many different Porsches, now things look clear :)

BTW Ayham i like what Ra'ed Himmo said, makes sense of basic things :)

Comment

I hope the car will be ready :( I dropped it today to TAM autoengineering to change all the bushings on the car (28 of them!) I got powerflex to replace the OEM parts, radiator cleaning and bleeding and total car re-allignment.
                              Meskovic

Comment

good luck nabil ..lets see u kickin some @$$ :P

Need Assistance?
                                eMail:
                                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                                X