X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010/2011 HPDS Suspension

Dear members,

I have no regrets in giving this club my time, efforts, blood, and money for the past years for it has brought the world to me in ways you can't imagine. I have made friends for life through the Club of like-minded enthusiasts, and it has put us on the global map of BMW car clubs. That's something for all of us to be proud of.

One of our most attended events is the Middle East's only racing training school to be hosted by an enthusiasts car club; the High Performance Driving School (HPDS). We are well through our second season with more success in every round, and it's only an uphill route from there. Which leads me to the topic of this post.

The Club has never generated any form of profit from the entry fees paid by HPDS students in the last season, nor until now in this season. Needless to say that paying AED400 for a race car, food and beverage, 6-hour track rental, and instructors is too good to be true. And it is.

The board has purchased 2 cars , prepared one of them extensively, and continues to bail out the program in the case of no shows or low turnouts. Not to mention the situation when we need to fix or replace something on the Club car, which I deeply thank Falcons Garage and Pirelli Tyres for their endless support stemming from their passion to all that's motorsports. The economics behind a program like the HPDS are not simple, and we were successful in securing special track rental rates so long we commit to a minimum number of entries in every round. Ofcourse, sometimes the entry list does not cover the minimum required number, and that's when I and other board member jump in to pay the deficit willingly and happily. Also, and as most of you who've been out with us many times, assets like chairs and tents must be replaced with new ones every now and then, hence adding more costs that need to be met. And we continue to do it, willingly and happily.

So why then don't we increase the entry fee? Because while it may be feasible for some students, we know it will be the biggest reason we'd lose more drivers who won't be able to afford it on a continuous basis. We have made a commitment toward you when we announced the launching of every HPDS at the AED400 per class mark because we never thought of it as a business. We want everybody to be able to race, and by God it's what we've been doing so damn well.

Now and after the last round, held on Saturday December 12th, with a turnout of 8 students, which has been a record low due to variable reasons such as the rain, the holidays season, or even the financial crisis, we did incur a deficit which I compensated like always. All well and fine as long as everybody had a great time racing in a rainy weather, which was a first for everybody, and money comes and goes for me. But to go back and read on these very same forums that I'm lying and that no money was paid in compensation, and the suggestion that I have probably bagged home some profit was, in honesty, too much for me to bear and I'm a very relaxed person. Never in 3 years has any suggestion of the kind been made regarding anybody in the board, and it has caused us a turmoil on how to best deal with it without causing any dramas. We have decided the following:

1- Deleting all posts of such nature for their detrimental effect on the Club's hard-built reputation and for attacking individuals work ethics with baseless hints and accusations.

2- The suspension of the 2010/2011 HPDS season indefinitely.

3- Shall HPDS resume activity later on, certain individuals would be deprived the privilege of attending classes until further notice.

4- If said individuals are willing to rectify the situation, a public apology letter is required addressing the board members on these forums.

5- We are openly welcoming to send anybody interested the actual financial day accounts for Round 3, clearly showing the incurred losses. We will not post these accounts publicly, but we can email them to whoever is interested.

We have set out and accepted the responsibility to be the ones making all the effort to ensure our fellow drivers can enjoy good days at the track with the least possible cost figures without sparing anything. But as humans, I personally cannot keep doing it now that hints based on deformed informations and figures were sadly raised on these forums.

With my deepest apologies for any inconveniences my decision might ensue,
    Ayham Al Daqqa,
    BMW Club UAE President

WORD :bow:
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Well said....your position on this is completely valid and justified....
      Photographer
      My Website

Comment

well said Ayham, i hope our brothers who had doubts can understand now..

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Ayham,

I am sure the comments that has been previously made were unintentional, and lacked a bit of clarity in the way they were addressed, and i am sure once again, that the ones who did those comments would fully agree with me.

They never meant any harm, neither any personal attacks, they were out of (yes i would say that) ignorant humor, and the purpose of them was am sure to say something completely different which wasn't very well expressed !

Having said so, my feelings of sadness such decision has been taken cause of few members of the forum, exceeds thousands of times my feelings of happiness when i knew such event exist in this part of the world !

I am nobody to judge your decision in here, but if i was you, i would completely ignore the comments that were made, and carry on doing what u always did in the best form of it !

Nobody ever said and nobody ever expected the club to be a charity club, and nobody ever forced anyone attending and therefore paying for any event organized by the club.

I speak for myself, and am sure that pretty much everyone else would agree with me in here, I would definitely NOT UNDERSTAND AT ALL if the club was not doing any income out of the events or special deals it's organizing, to be able to keep doing such great events for all of us.

Let's be mature please!! who would wanna bear the cost of hosting/web design/maintenance/time consuming organization of events(not to speak about actual costs in terms of money which is the minor cost in such events) free of charge ? i don't expect anyone to ever do that at all ! I wouldn't do it myself if it was for me to decide !

One last time, don't let few members influence you in taking such a decision of suspending the most anticipated event of the club, if someone doesn't like it, there were never any obligation to attend it as I previously said.

Am sure ur decision was out of rage and feeling of infidelity, and am hoping to see this thread disappearing from the existence !

Majeed.
          Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
          Majeed Photography

Comment

Majeed, the clubs finances are handled by the board members.....there are a select few who have decided to go that extra mile to make this club a reality.... i am not going to point out who or what they have done .... they have been modest in their actions....always looking out for the best interest of this club.... I am not expecting you to understand since you were not their during the inception of this club...but for those who have been around since the beginning, this is nothing new....
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Wazif,

Am not really interested in knowing how the club is financed, but am very much interested in seeing this club continuing on being a success as it always has been since i got to know it, after all, i am part of it in some forms (being a member and a happy owner of a BMW car).

And holding up the HPDS event due to an ignorant and immature criticism by 2 fellow members and brothers, is nowhere near success.

I would say, ignore the comments and continue to be successful !
              Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
              Majeed Photography

Comment

Originally posted by elchemor View Post
                Ayham,

I am sure the comments that has been previously made were unintentional, and lacked a bit of clarity in the way they were addressed, and i am sure once again, that the ones who did those comments would fully agree with me.

They never meant any harm, neither any personal attacks, they were out of (yes i would say that) ignorant humor, and the purpose of them was am sure to say something completely different which wasn't very well expressed !
                Majeed 7abeebi :)

Get your facts right, they were intentional and they were not humor, I personally spoke to some members and I know for a fact that they meant every word they said.
                Meskovic
                this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Decision wisely made, well done Ayham !

Comment

Members,

Firstly, I'm sure all the members here; even if disappointed, will support Ayhams decision.

Despite such false allegations and immature comments Ayham has managed to keep his cool. I'm also sure that a person such as Ayham cannot/will not make any decisions hastily, without keeping the prosperity of the club in mind.

I wont be the first to say, that i am disappointed by this sudden outburst of 'blame games' that have recently started arising on this previously peaceful forum. And i'm sure we all know who I would be talking about. Not only have they disturbed the peace, but they are also immature to realise. Whatever said and done, If they felt so, such sensitive conversations could have been held in private rather than publicly addressing them.

One cannot blindside all the effort and sweat that the admin/moderators have put in to:
                    1. Raise this club from scratch.
                    2. Mantain it at the level reached.

This club was opened in the interest of its members and them enjoying various benefits, which over time were available to them, Widely available rather.

Yes, I havent been too active lately, but I have seen this club rising from scratch to what it is today, and we all need to keep in mind that such disrespect cannot/should not disarray the clubs goal. To serve it's members in the highest way possible.

And to end this argument, I would like to remind the concerned people:

There is no such thing as a 'Free Lunch'

Apologies to anyone who gets offended. But I respect the decision the administration takes.

Hiten Nainaney
                    2008 325i coupe
                    Stock

Comment

Ayham, you have our full support..
                      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                      eMail:
                      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Guys I have to disagree with u in a friendly manner the guys u r mentioning are close and good friends to ayham himself that were having laughs and fun just two days ago am not trying to defend anyone but am tryin to be as much reasonable as I can be currently those friends are having a problem in their relation if u have something good to say that will resolve this issue between those friends say it if not then please keep the distance I know some of u won't like me sayin that but what I can say is simple this disagreement happens between brothers sometimes the best approach is to contain it not escalate it and get more parties inside it sorry 4 everyone but I don't like to see this club shred to teams or parties let all cool our amazing assumptions who ever that have good relations with ppl involved in this make them sit together and finish this matter in a calm and brotherhood atmosphere for ppl who believes in conspiracy theory please keep it to fantacies level thanks and sorry 4 being frank as always
                        sigpic
                        :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed.Sallam View Post
                          Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Guys I have to disagree with u in a friendly manner the guys u r mentioning are close and good friends to ayham himself that were having laughs and fun just two days ago am not trying to defend anyone but am tryin to be as much reasonable as I can be currently those friends are having a problem in their relation if u have something good to say that will resolve this issue between those friends say it if not then please keep the distance I know some of u won't like me sayin that but what I can say is simple this disagreement happens between brothers sometimes the best approach is to contain it not escalate it and get more parties inside it sorry 4 everyone but I don't like to see this club shred to teams or parties let all cool our amazing assumptions who ever that have good relations with ppl involved in this make them sit together and finish this matter in a calm and brotherhood atmosphere for ppl who believes in conspiracy theory please keep it to fantacies level thanks and sorry 4 being frank as always
                          mashallah you wrote all this on the BB :lol:
                          Meskovic
                          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Now who is off topicing :P
                            sigpic
                            :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

ok i'll delete :D
                              Meskovic

Comment

Working...
                              X