No announcement yet.

MUST read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well in my opinion, a japanese SONY TV is not like the SONYs made in Malaysia these days with all due respect. She herself went to buy a Corolla because it's a JAPANESE car made by the world's biggest car manufacturer, not to discover that it was manufactured in Taiwan, TAIWAN. It's not like the issue was mine but you guys make it sound like she's taking advantage! All she wanted was refund the money, and the compensation thing was out of fury, that she neglected to mention again anyway. One should be informed of any IRREGULAR information related to a certain thing they'd purchase; it was a GIVEN Toyotas were manufactured in Japan, otherwise it should've been stated at least by the salesman to put one in the light, not find out later on.

And for Customer Service ^ They REFUSED to take care of her matter in the beginning until she called Consumer Rights, which is f*cked up! Why did they return the car afterwards? Because they knew it was a big mistake and that this kind of "nice" customer service would lead to bad-mouthing, which is happening right now; the whole point of this thread was to bad-mouth such Customer Service that would take you for granted and would tell you to shove it.

Comment

You see Apple is not made in the states, but who complains? :D

Project DVS
      Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
      CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
        +2...

I was impressed with them accepting to take the car back in fairness.
        coz Toyota will not risk this kind of thing going public they would loose tone of customers just like Honda lost with the city as its made in Thailand

Camry's r made in Australia since it started mid 90's & they never made it in Japan (i'm not sure about JDM)

HiLux pick up's R made in Thailand in the same factory where Mitsubishi Build the L300 & Ford as well

some BMW were built in the US right ????
        1983 BMW 635CSI (owned 1991-1993)

Comment

Originally posted by P3RPL3XITY View Post
          You see Apple is not made in the states, but who complains? :D
          Exactly, because it is clearly stated that it is "assembled" in China, and I for one am a huge Apple fan.

Comment

no body is bad mouthing the lady customer or toyota dealer ,
            may be it was the sales man/woman mistake not informing
            the customer or any potential customer about the country of origin , so they took responsibility of their mistake - if there's any - & returned back the cash paid ,
            now demanding compensation for not having a car !!!!
            nobody is obliged to solve anybody else problems ,
            & yes some bimmers are assembled in egypt & india !!!
            how about that :doh!:

Comment

yes but auto sales ppl never rarly tells the customer where the cars r made
              1983 BMW 635CSI (owned 1991-1993)

Comment

wow.... returning a car is by itself a miracle in this country.

if the sales guy told me that it's made in japan and then later i found out that it's actually made in taiwan i would be pissed because of the false infromation given out.

but again, the compensation part was a bit over IMHO.

Comment

Bruno the car was never driven out of the showroom, she never drove it.

Comment

i didn't say she drove it...

wasn't it registered?

Comment

registered bruno but it seems stayed in the showroom. so she didnt drive the car. toyota didnt want to lose their reputation in the country thats why they return the money back. but to compensate for the days!!! loool it seems she is good in bargaining, she works in sales maybe ? :)

Comment

Excuse me, the person we're talking about here is a friend of mine, and I would appreciate it if you showed respect. I replied and said that she neglected to mention the compensation again and she never brought it up again, she just blurted it out once out of fury because she was left without a car.

Comment

No disrespect to your friend Haitham, but I don't see a point to getting angry and demanding a refund for the car... There are a lot of things made in different countries than from the original manufacturer's country, like electronic products, they can be produced in Japan or in China or Taiwan or wherever. Also as Hasan and Haitham said, BMW has about 16 factories producing BMWs all over the world, outside of Germany (like USA, Egypt, South Africa, India, just to name a few)... I don't believe that the dealership tried to sell her an inferior car, they probably get their orders coming in from different countries all the time. At least the dealership refunded her the money back... I mean if the car was a lemon, then she would have a case, but she didn't even drive the car to see if there is anything wrong with it.
                          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

What you said is 100% true Rami, and in this day and age, I believe global industry is inevitable. Nevertheless, she felt that she should've been informed and that put her off, that's all there is to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X