Boxster S 986 frustrations !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxster S 986 frustrations !!!!

I know this may be irrelevant to the "BMW Club" site, but i thought i would share my frustrations with you guys, and not sure if any of you can help with any idea!

I recently (10 days ago) have change the window handle actuator at the porsche agency, came back home, everything is cool, parked my car and left it.

since it is my second car, i didnt touch it for almost a week, when a friend came asking me if he can use it for couple of days, sure do, gave him the key.

and guess what ! the car locks are not opening, well, i thought that maybe the central locking started hibernating, tried with the key in the door, and again nothing ! no way to open the freaking thing !!!!!!!!!

Called porsche center, after waiting for almost a week, they sent me a technician to open it up ! to top on my miseries, he could not find the emergency cable release for the front hood (they said it's a battery problem - though am not convinced at all) if it was to be a battery problem, the door would at least open with the key ? or am i wrong ? he suggested breaking the drivers door window to gain access, i refused.

now the service center said they will send me a person from the workshop to try to open the car.

I am convinced that the problem has been caused because of a bad work during the changing of the window handle actuator on the same door that has the lock problem.

porsche said they will be charging me for the job (fixing what they have messed up) what do you think guys ?

P.S: I changed the battery with a genuine porsche battery less then a month ago from the service center in mussaffah, though installation was not done by them, they are saying that the installation of the battery may not have been done properly.

to cut the story short, I am VERY DISAPPOINTED by the servicing done at the porsche agency in mussaffah, and it is not the first time they mess up something while repairing something else in the car.
    Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
    Majeed Photography

your story is really disturbing, another episode of the failure of service centers here in UAE, frankly guys they charge for more than they deserve, we are talking about porsche agent here and their representative suggests breaking the window!!!!!!!!!! then u should have done this without calling them .......not a nice story at all
    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

not a nice story indeed ! and the guy at the service center, insist that the door is not opening even manually with the key in the handle, is caused by the battery installation ! HELLOOOOO !!!?
      Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
      Majeed Photography

Comment

^ Doesnt make any sense, I doubt any mechanisms such as door opening mechanisms depend on the battery. Or so i assume, Unless i'm ill-informed.
        2008 325i coupe
        Stock

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
          ^ Doesnt make any sense, I doubt any mechanisms such as door opening mechanisms depend on the battery. Or so i assume, Unless i'm ill-informed.
          exactly, that's my point ! I still have to make him understand that !

i was hoping he will reach the battery, to see how on earth is he gonna make the door mechanically open by changing the battery, though the alarm blinking LED on the front display is always blinking.
          Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
          Majeed Photography

Comment

Actually here's what I feel is the problem, and I think it may apply to porsche as well. Having to keep you car unattended for about a week may drain the battery, which would result your key not able to send the signal to the locking system. Basically your battery is drained due to the anti-theft system being active all along for the span of a week. However, if you say the LED still blinks, it could be another issue altogether.

Project DVS
            Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
            CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

Let's assume the battery is drained, should the key not open the door manually ?

Actually, the central locking and alarm system (including the remote fob key), goes into a somehow hibernating mode after around a week. which makes you not able to open the car except manually with the key. now i believe the lock opening mechanism has failed, which rendered gaining access to the car impossible.

should there be a way to reactivate the remote key from the outside ?
              Last edited by elchemor; 19-09-2009, 01:16 PM.
              Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
              Majeed Photography

Comment

There is a reason why they provide a solid mechanial key. To gain access to the car just incase the battery has run out, (Car Battery/Remote Battery) Which rules out th possibility of a battery operated (manual) door opening mecha.
                2008 325i coupe
                Stock

Comment

LEDs draw very low current so i guess the battery can be drained and the LED can still blink, whatever the problem is they should give good suggestions not break glass!!!!!!

Comment

Contact Germany, contact the main head office in there.. let them know about your situation. They'll call Mussafah's Agency and fire an attack towards them .. which will lead to a good service to you .. try that !
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Just called them again, they said they couldn't send someone today, it will go after eid.

i argued again about having to pay for this, since it is their fault, they asked me not to worry about it, they will make it as if it was their fault.

let us see what will happen, i will keep you updated guys.
                      Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                      Majeed Photography

Comment

Originally posted by elchemor View Post
                        Just called them again, they said they couldn't send someone today, it will go after eid.

i argued again about having to pay for this, since it is their fault, they asked me not to worry about it, they will make it as if it was their fault.

let us see what will happen, i will keep you updated guys.

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                          Contact Germany, contact the main head office in there.. let them know about your situation. They'll call Mussafah's Agency and fire an attack towards them .. which will lead to a good service to you .. try that !
                          i'd say talk to the prorsche regional office and complain! give them hell! ask for the service department & don't get off their backs until you get it all sorted out.....

my bro once had a lumina ss and they agency screwed up something once & wanted to charge him bla bla.. he kept compaining to the regional office & in return they extended his warranty 2yrs / 40k km longer free of charge!

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
                            There is a reason why they provide a solid mechanial key. To gain access to the car just incase the battery has run out, (Car Battery/Remote Battery) Which rules out th possibility of a battery operated (manual) door opening mecha.
                            I'm only talking with experience - the battery was drained in my Range Rover, and it wouldn't let me open the car. Although, at first instance it let me, and the door lock opened so slow, it was as if I was high seeing it open that slow. On giving it a second try after about 30 minutes, it wouldn't at all - Luckily I kept the hood open, so I could charge it :)

Project DVS
                            Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                            CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

elchemor, are we talking about Ali & Sons

Comment

Working...
                              X