No announcement yet.

Screw speed limits ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:omg2:, that y Abu Dhabi is better, because it is from behind :)

"bala gafye" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by akanso View Post

"bala gafye" ;)
      I don't know if anyone have noticed, but they are testing this on the second interchange. They have turned the radars around, and it flashes the backside. These are the radars opposite Thunderbowl

Project DVS
      Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
      CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
        for your info, the limit is not 10km/h or 30km/h :read: it says that you have exceeded the limit by l10km/h or 30km/h..

for example if the limit was 120 & you drove at 145 then it'll give you "exceeded the limit by 30" and the ticket price will be accordingly..
        +1

Originally posted by akanso View Post

"bala gafye" ;)
        :rofl:
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
          for your info, the limit is not 10km/h or 30km/h :read: it says that you have exceeded the limit by l10km/h or 30km/h..

for example if the limit was 120 & you drove at 145 then it'll give you "exceeded the limit by 30" and the ticket price will be accordingly..

in fact it cannot detect if you're wearing a seatbelt or on the phone, but if you were caught speeding & they find out you're without a seatbelt or over the phone (due to high level of detailed pics from those new cameras), then they can double your fine...
          +1000000000

& btw if you heard that the radars are connected and can calculate the speed and time it takes you to reach the other radar .... its CRAP !! dont believe what they said ..... why ?

Well check this out !

http://www.intertraffic.com/marketpl...productid=2168
          Here is the official link of the new radars. They're called SSS Radars from Sensys company. An earlier article from Gulf News informed people that those new radars will NOT be caught by Radar Detectors. Here is a link of the article it self: http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traff.../10270452.html

I have a Radar Detector and have used it in testing signal range, bandwidth, and power. I have this video that shows that I can detect the radar from a minimum distance of 200 m. Here is the link of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcKIQtK6uo

If I fix the level of the radar detector I can even catch it 2 km ahead. Dubai Police are not aware that BMW, Mercedes, & most new cars are equipped with an IR Protective Windshield. The IR Glass prevents the signal from reaching the radar detector which will be mounted on the glass it self. They probably used the radar detectors on their BMW police cars or Mercedes Police cars. In both cases, they can't detect the radars even with the best brand of radar detector available in hands.

I have performed few tests of my own and I have proved that those new SSS radars are beatable and can be caught from a distance of 2km by using different cars and different routes.

If you want more details about the IR layer. here is a post in Radar Detector Forums regarding the same issue about SSS radars vs. IR layers. The first poster is me (RiFo), read it when you have free time because it has much valuable information regarding the new radars. Here is the link of the post: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...ss-radars.html

Satisfied ?!
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

where'd u get your radar detector from??????????????

:rofl:

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by P3RPL3XITY View Post
              I don't know if anyone have noticed, but they are testing this on the second interchange. They have turned the radars around, and it flashes the backside. These are the radars opposite Thunderbowl
              If I didn't know better, I could have sworn I just saw this car going into the multistorey car park in DMC14 this morning....

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
                If I didn't know better, I could have sworn I just saw this car going into the multistorey car park in DMC14 this morning....
                That sir would be me :)

Project DVS
                Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

Ah, I thought so! Which floor are you usually parked on? I'm usually on the 1st floor, but I woke up a bit later than usual today and only got parking on the 2nd floor :D

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

:police: you are

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
                      +1000000000

& btw if you heard that the radars are connected and can calculate the speed and time it takes you to reach the other radar .... its CRAP !! dont believe what they said ..... why ?

Well check this out !

http://www.intertraffic.com/marketpl...productid=2168
                      Here is the official link of the new radars. They're called SSS Radars from Sensys company. An earlier article from Gulf News informed people that those new radars will NOT be caught by Radar Detectors. Here is a link of the article it self: http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traff.../10270452.html

I have a Radar Detector and have used it in testing signal range, bandwidth, and power. I have this video that shows that I can detect the radar from a minimum distance of 200 m. Here is the link of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcKIQtK6uo

If I fix the level of the radar detector I can even catch it 2 km ahead. Dubai Police are not aware that BMW, Mercedes, & most new cars are equipped with an IR Protective Windshield. The IR Glass prevents the signal from reaching the radar detector which will be mounted on the glass it self. They probably used the radar detectors on their BMW police cars or Mercedes Police cars. In both cases, they can't detect the radars even with the best brand of radar detector available in hands.

I have performed few tests of my own and I have proved that those new SSS radars are beatable and can be caught from a distance of 2km by using different cars and different routes.

If you want more details about the IR layer. here is a post in Radar Detector Forums regarding the same issue about SSS radars vs. IR layers. The first poster is me (RiFo), read it when you have free time because it has much valuable information regarding the new radars. Here is the link of the post: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...ss-radars.html

Satisfied ?!

The best radar detector is to follow rules ;)

Comment

Originally posted by P3RPL3XITY View Post
                        there 2 of them shooting backwards :)

Comment

rifo i was going through the thread you had up on that RD forum and you really sounded like an idiot :rofl: basically you knew the solution to the problem but you kept on pushing. do you want them to tell you that if you cook the RD it will work? :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                            The best radar detector is to follow rules ;)
                            Precaution is always good Bisho :)
                            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                            X