Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey. New to Dubai. Got a 2006 E63 M6 Hartge

Hey

Just moved to Dubai. Took a gamble buying a preowned 2006 E63 M6 Hartge directly from the owner on Dubizzle. The car can be seen here,

BMW Hartge M6 Signature Edition - YouTube

Hard to believe, but currently the car is over at Tony Edwards getting a full inspection. Got the red clog after driving it less than 150km...transmission warning and gear changing issues!!! Owner definitely lied about the condition of the car, but no one to blame but myself for taking his word and not doing a full inspection before purchasing (I did a couple test drives before purchasing and everything seemed fine then). Fingers crossed the quotation wont be through the roof and I can be safetly driving ASAP!

Good to meet you.

Mike

That's a nice looking car Sir!

Welcome to the club Hope your issues will be sorted out soon. I was the one who sent you an SMS today ;)

Update us on the condition of your new toy!
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Hopefully your issues will be sorted out soon. Keep us posted on that.
      BMW E90 M3 | Akrapovic Evolution Titanium exhaust | Dinan Air Intake | Dinan Underdrive pulley | Dinan DKG Software

Comment

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome gentlemen! Will keep you in the loop.

- - - - - - - - - -

Got the sms, thanks bro. Hope the car is drivable by then!

Comment

Hi Mike,

welcome to the club buddy, nice M6 :) hope you get it sorted mate. :D
          Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Good luck with the M6! Hope you get it sorted out!

Comment

Expecting quote for repairs today. They warned me the list is quite extensive.

Comment

Good luck in that. it's always recommended to have an M checked before being purchased. most of them have been through a lot.

I'm sure once sorted the car will drive nice and put a smile on your face. welcome and enjoy your stay

Comment

Ooof! 35,000 aed quotation

Comment

Originally posted by mwolff View Post
                    Ooof! 35,000 aed quotation
                    DAYMMM...what are the issues in details? how much mileage is on the car?

Oh, and welcome to the club :)

Comment

80,000km.

Will post the quote tomorrow. 51 findings from the shop...

Comment

quote.PNG

supposed to meet with the service manager this afternoon to decide what needs urgent fixing and what can wait.

would be awesome if someone in the club can spot some of the expensive things that do not sound like critical items.

thanks for your help and support guys!

- - - - - - - - - -

Just so you know, the issue I was having with the car was slow gear shifting. The car jolts/struggles to shift gears, particualrly from 1st to 2nd.

I was getting yellow/red clogs warning me about my transmission. I was at the gas station one time and the car died on me (smg stuck in neutral position, but dashboard was saying it was in 1st). Car lights, navigation and other electronics were working but when I tried to turn the engine on was getting no response whatsoever.

Had to get it towed. Went to one shop, but they didnt have the experience to fix it. So, took it to another shop which gave me the quote above. Thinking next step is to get a second opinion from another shop.

Comment

Take it to octane or das for a look mate.
                          Dont loose the plot just yet.

. Lol just had a look at that quote... mate, seriously, take it to shak at octane and let him have a look. Do not dispear just yet..
                          Last edited by Vanne; 19-05-2015, 08:35 AM.
                          Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

I honestly laughed a bit (followed by frusturation) when I saw the quote too.

I'm assuming Shak is a person?

Comment

Well I checked the quote, I don't want to assume or accuse but this seems to be over estimated quotation and many things probably do NOT need replacement. What is basically mentioned is that the car is scrap and not road-worthy lol!
                              [MENTION=395]shak[/MENTION] can probably help you out and get this baby fit with good prices.
                              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                              eMail:
                              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                              X