Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought an M3!

Hi all,

I'm a British expat and i've just recently started to work in Dubai. Back in the UK, i was a huge BMW fan and i've bought my passion out here with me.

My first car, about 5 years ago, was a blue 318ti Compact Sport, a car which i cherished and that i was very sad to sell. The Compact didn't get great reviews in the UK but the Sport was a great little runaround and a nice introduction to BMW for me. However, the disappointment of selling that was short-lived because my next car was a blue M-spec 330ci Convertible Sport, a car which for me is the best looking convertible car available anywhere. That car rocked. I had really wanted an M3, but the insurance prices i was quoted were ridiculous and it meant that i had to "settle" for the 330ci - but that's not a bad car to settle for!

So, since i have been in the UAE (which is actually about 8 months) i have been looking around for a well-kept M3, but in all that time i didn't see anything which i thought was clean enough to buy. Most of the M3s that i saw hadn't been well looked after on the interior or exterior, and that of course makes you wonder just how well they've been looked after under the bonnet. I was resigned to never finding a decent one (i'm quite picky!) but then, just by sheer luck i bumped into the owner of an M3 which is always parked in my building garage. I introduced myself and jokingly asked if he was looking to sell and i almost fainted when he said he was. So, two weeks later, i am the proud owner of an immaculate 2004 BMW M3, white with red interior, SMGII, the lot. I couldn't be happier, it's my dream car :yuhoo:

I'm going to get it washed tonight and i'll post some photo's tomorrow.

Nice to "meet" you all.

Phil
    theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
    Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
    Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
    Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Hi phil! and welcome :)
    Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

:welcome2: aboard
      :pics:
      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Welcome to the club. Hope you have fun with your M3
        sigpic
        Current
        2005 Ford Explorer
        History
        2006 Dodge Durango 5.7
        2001 323ci (Manual) :bmw3:
        2002 Ford Escape 3.0
        2000 Peugeot 306 1.6
        1983 E30 3.18ci (My first love):bmwfan:

Comment

Ahhh another Alpine White III/Imola Red M3 here!!!! Nice to have a 'sister' for mine...

Welcome here Phil, you missed out the Redline Challenge on Friday sadly :) Next one's in 2 weeks, we'll see you there! And congrats on the M..

Just to know if our marketing is working or not, how did you come to hear about the Club? :)

Comment

i sold my 330ci Convertible in june 2007 and bought my M3 in march 2008... it's really hard to find the clean ones. i'm glad you did so congrats and welcome, you've come to the right place. post some pics of her :)

Comment

Ayham,

I looked at your picture and wondered if perhaps that WAS my new car, and maybe you were a previous owner!

As i said in my thread, i got so lucky with finding it - it's absolutely spotless. I'm having great fun getting used to the SMGII gearbox! It feels strange to change gear "manually" but without using a clutch or removing your foot from the accelerator...i'll get used to it. I do think the SMGII box offers a completely different, more exciting driving experience than a conventional manual, so it's great in that respect. It's fantastic drivning along Emirates road and quickly dropping from 6th to 4th and putting your foot down, i've never felt power like it. The sensation is awesome, but i'm sure you know that already!

As you can tell, i'm still a bit giddy. I've only owned it for about 18 hours! I can't wait to leave work!
              theeldestboy

Comment

Pictures on the way guys, thanks for your replies. Just one thing, where can i post a technical/help question...i love my BMW's but i'm not very good when it comes to the science bits...
                theeldestboy

Comment

We have all sorts of forums for your every need and inquiry. Take your time around the website and check out everything for better responses to your questions :)

Btw, did your M3 happen to be parked in SZR?? Is it the one with 19" OEM rims? There aren't too many white ones here, so cheers for that ;)

Bruno, Rifo, & Ahmad Al Khalil: I finally have a sister to park with me infront of your THREE Carbon Black M3s!! :rofl: (It's an invasion I tell ya)!

Comment

Oh, Ayham, you asked bow i heard about the club? My friend is an administrator of Evolve Motor Club and he mentioned your club to me. I had also previously visited your site (when it was under construction) simply by googling "BMW Dubai" or something like that. Hope that helps...
                    theeldestboy

Comment

I'm on evolve.ae meself under "Never Dies" handler...The guys there are like family to me :)

Comment

To be honest, i couldn't tell you where the car had been parked beofre yesterday evening, which is when i took delivery. The previous owever worked just off SZR so it could well be. Yes, it has 19" rims, but (forgive my lack of knowledge here), what does OEM mean? It's basically got what i'd call the "iconic" M3 alloy wheels...you know the ones!

You'd also recognise it by the fact that it has 50% tint on the windows :nono: Not my choice, but i must say it looks pretty cool and i won't remove it unless the police stop me :cry:
                        theeldestboy

Comment

The maybe you know "JetPilot", who's taking delivery of his imported NSX this week...
                          theeldestboy

Comment

me 2 i'm ernest also in evolve.ae :) nice evolve is getting famous!! need to wear my shirt in the mall hehe
                            Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

welcome on board.
                              sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                              2006 Z4M - SOLD
                              1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                              2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                              2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                              2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                              2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                              1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                              2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Working...
                              X