No announcement yet.

Newbie here, 2011 F10 550i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally disagree with everyone who says an aftermarket exhaust will void the warranty..

Tried and tested: We installed an aftermarket exhaust ordered from Germany on my cousin's X5, after confirming from Abu Dhabi Motors ofcourse, and the car has been going in and out of service with that same exhaust until now, they even extended his service contract with the warranty until 200,000 kms.. Back boxes do not void the warranty.

Sweet looking car there, enjoy your stay and :welcome2: Aboard

Comment

the funniest part is one day I've asked one of the team leaders at the service center of AGMC about the aftermarket exhaust ,, he literally said : the O2 sensors will through an error because the length of the tips are not accurate ...

so from this point we can assume the technical background of those guys ..
      with all the Respect to that gentleman , but come on , you can't bring a a yamaha bikes sales man who knows nothing about BMW , and put him as a team leader .. WTF

Comment

This proves that there's a huge miscommunication and a misunderstanding between the dealers of this country :thumbsdown:

Comment

exactly Ali , Abu Dhabi motors follow's a completely different rules than AGMC , maybe because Abu Dhabi motors do more after market tunning and modifications , so they understand it better ..

I took my 335I to Abu Dhabi motors with Vishnu installed .. next day the guy called me asking how to disable it cuz they are not able to read the DME .. , I was scared like sh!t not to loose the warranty ... thankfully they took it easy . he even asked my experience with it ... I'm not saying they are better , but they understand how after market parts affects/ not affects the functionality of the car . also they know that bmw stock cars are sh!t :D

Comment

1st of all welcome to the club Mr7 and lovely cars you got :)
            I’m with Ssense on what he said, AD motors more reliable than AGMC and most of the tech. teams out there trained properly with good knowledge ll not say excellent one but its better than other.
            i checked with the service manager and told him i can write undertaking letter coz dont wana void the warranty and guess what...he said if u want ll install it for you (i was telling him about akrapovic exhaust) :D

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              When you talk to the service manager, assuming they'd install whatever exhaust they sell with warranty kept intact, see what their reasoning is. Chances are they'd say because the tips length is ideal!!!

If you are technical enough, you can install what you want and retain the warranty...In theory :)

And your review on the 6 is just like the other car reviewers'. Would love to see the difference myself considering I drive them day in and day out...
              well ill make sure to find out and discuss it with the manger. As for the 6, yea i guess i got sort of influenced by all the car reviews that Iv´e read before actually driving it :P but, Im afraid to say that pretty much describes the car that Ive drove. To me it felt like an f10 convertible with slightly better steering and less room in the back ( and of course a sexier body).

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              I totally disagree with everyone who says an aftermarket exhaust will void the warranty..

Tried and tested: We installed an aftermarket exhaust ordered from Germany on my cousin's X5, after confirming from Abu Dhabi Motors ofcourse, and the car has been going in and out of service with that same exhaust until now, they even extended his service contract with the warranty until 200,000 kms.. Back boxes do not void the warranty.

Sweet looking car there, enjoy your stay and :welcome2: Aboard
              Thanks, for the welcome :)
              :iagree: my friend brings his car, with an aftermarket exhaust, to service at AGMC, and so far everything is going well. he even had small warranty repairs done and they still didnt tell him that his warranty is void. Does it make a difference that i got the car from AD motors? or do both agencies have exactly the same warranty voiding ¨policies¨

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
              1st of all welcome to the club Mr7 and lovely cars you got :)
              I’m with Ssense on what he said, AD motors more reliable than AGMC and most of the tech. teams out there trained properly with good knowledge ll not say excellent one but its better than other.
              i checked with the service manager and told him i can write undertaking letter coz dont wana void the warranty and guess what...he said if u want ll install it for you (i was telling him about akrapovic exhaust) :D
              Thank you for the welcome :)
              I do agree that AD motors seem to be more professional than AGMC but because of my familiy´s many business relations with AGMC ( My dad still argues with me about getting the 5 from AD motors every time he sees me :P) and because they are in dubai i guess Im sort of ¨forced¨ to go there to service the car.Mashalla the M5 with an akrapovic exhaust should sound amazing I love the sound that the V10 makes. :drool: I just heard M3s and X6-ms with that brand and they all sound so much better than the stock M3´s system.

Or if you really want to be heard, you can go for something like this:P : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPifqetINyo

:drool: Awesome sound track just watch out for the cops :P...
              Mashalla all of you have awesome BMWs and Im glad to be part of this knowledgeable and helpful forum. Thank you all for welcoming me
              Last edited by Mr7; 08-06-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard :)..
                Sweet sexy car you got there..
                Enjoy your stay here :)
                sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Mr7 View Post
                  Thanks, for the welcome :)
                  :iagree: my friend brings his car, with an aftermarket exhaust, to service at AGMC, and so far everything is going well. he even had small warranty repairs done and they still didnt tell him that his warranty is void. Does it make a difference that i got the car from AD motors? or do both agencies have exactly the same warranty voiding ¨policies¨
                  I have had no experience with AGMC until now, but I can assure you that Abu Dhabi Motors will not have any problems with aftermarket exhausts..

Comment

sweeeeet ride bro

welcome to the forum !
                    Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                    19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                    M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
                      Welcome aboard :)..
                      Sweet sexy car you got there..
                      Enjoy your stay here :)
                      Originally posted by Amarant View Post
                      sweeeeet ride bro

welcome to the forum !
                      Thank you both for the welcome, :thanks2:

Comment

Welcome aboard....nice ride, i love the rims.....
                        E39///M5 (Carbon Black)
                        E39///M kit 530i (Le Mans Blue)
                        sigpic

Comment

You guys have all seen what I have on my car, and not once did our dealer here flinch over warranty. They honored the warranty every single time.

The only reasonable thing the service manager said was that if any fault is diagnosed to be from the part I installed, then naturally.. it will not fall under warranty as it is not a BMW part.

PS: Mabrook on the 550, you will love this car! Especially when you decide to soup up the boost just a little!

Comment

Working...
                          X