Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

Hi, my name is perry and am new to the UAE. I live in Al Ain and am looking at maybe buying a BMW. I plan to Drift whatever i buy and was looking at some M5's online. I'm still waiting on my resident visa so no chance at a purchase just yet. I would really like to find and 850 with a 6 speed. Whatever i get though, needs to be reliable. I commute to Abu Dhabi daily for work. any ways, any suggestions on what is a driftable yet reasonable car to drive? I'm pretty experienced in drifting as i lived/drifted in japan for 7 years. I'm not scared of big power or modding. thnx in advance for any suggestions you may have and hope to see you at the drift pad in Al Ain soon!

Welcome Perry! If you want something reliable I dont think you should go with the 8 series. And I believe any RWD car that has more than 200 hp and an LSD is driftable. Good luck with your search!
    sigpic
    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Im with SSense here... Find urself any M car and u're good to go welcome to our humble home! We had a drift session in al ain a few weeks ago and it was SPECTACULAR!! :drool:
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

^Me you mean :rofl:
        sigpic
        BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

welcome to the club perry
          AK wakeup :D

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

We must see you at the next drift day, no excuses...

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
              welcome to the club perry
              AK wakeup :D
              Indeed :rofl:

Welcome aboard :)
              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

thnx for all the welcomes... do you guys post drift dates? the pad is only about ten minutes from my house. I will be sure to show up... In my rental :( lol

Comment

keep Checking the meets and events + Track, Autotest & Drag Racing Section for updates
                  sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                  E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                  E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                  E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Welcome to the Forum,

keep seraching, there are a lot of nice cars out there, and if you have the cash, you can get a great bargain
                    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                    2012 Camaro SS
                    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
                    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

:welcome2: Aboard

Comment

welcome aboard man nice to have you here let me give you a big advice from me experience :
                        1- get 2 cars one for your daily use and another for drifting (for alot of reassons in point 3)
                        2- get a cheap,easy to maintaine drift car and the drift car best choises are a BMW E30 or E36 or a skiline GT other than that it will coust you toooooooo much to make it a drift car
                        3-reassons are fines. I think you agree that a drift car must have atleast a loud sound and must be lowered and maybe turbo those are all big fines if you get stopped by the police once you will got atleast 1 mounth block + black points besides the fines $$$ + a daily use and drift car is no good idea you will spend all your time fixing it
                        4- i went through alot of sh!t to learn what i told you and i learned it the hardest way possible :(
                        5- btw there is an E30 for sale perfect for drifting it has a 3.5 engine manual needs some work but its very cheap ;)
                        and again welcome to the club :)
                        Last edited by salty; 04-04-2011, 09:11 AM.

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                        E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                        E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                        E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                        E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                        E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                        E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                        E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

you want to drift in a 850? isn't it a open diff? :D

welcome man

Comment

Originally posted by SHkater View Post
                            ^Me you mean :rofl:
                            looooool.. sorry bro, saw the M5 and thought it was Ali, ma baad!
                            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Club!

Get an E36 or E46 M3 and you can do everything in that car.
                              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
                              X