New to BMW Club UAE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the off - topic.

We also met Shaikh Nawaf Nasser bin Khaled Al Thani that day. What a gentleman. For the first 15 minutes, we didn't even know who we were talking to. He has a bule turbocharged M6 with 650 HP. Looks stock on the outside, but has everything modded. He didn't track his car either. The Shaikh is the CEO of the Mercedes agency in Qatar and the Founder and President of Qatar Motor Sports Federation.

I herd he bought one of the last M6s imported in Qatar and is planning to keep it as collectors item. One of the first cars he fell in love with is the E31 Alpina B12 5.7 Coupe. We were so proud to hear that. He also showed us the BMW ///M cufflinks that someone in BMW gave him as a gift. The blue, purple and red were studded in precious stones and the "M" was studded in diamonds. :drool: They were simply unbelievable.

It shall always be one one of the most memorable days of my life.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
      Sorry for the off - topic.

We also met Shaikh Nawaf Nasser bin Khaled Al Thani that day. What a gentleman. For the first 15 minutes, we didn't even know who we were talking to. He has a bule turbocharged M6 with 650 HP. Looks stock on the outside, but has everything modded. He didn't track his car either. The Shaikh is the CEO of the Mercedes agency in Qatar and the Founder and President of Qatar Motor Sports Federation.

I herd he bought one of the last M6s imported in Qatar and is planning to keep it as collectors item. One of the first cars he fell in love with is the E31 Alpina B12 5.7 Coupe. We were so proud to hear that. He also showed us the BMW ///M cufflinks that someone in BMW gave him as a gift. The blue, purple and red were studded in precious stones and the "M" was studded in diamonds. :drool: They were simply unbelievable.

It shall always be one one of the most memorable days of my life.
      :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: thnx hasan i well be drooling all week long :joking: and welcom to the club Manny :welcome2:

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
      E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
      E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
      E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
      E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
      E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
      E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
      E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

I'm actually from Athens, but I lived in Australia for a while. Yes, I lived in Golf Tower 1 @ The Greens until about a year ago...why do I get the feeling we've met...???

Originally posted by Manny Xidias View Post
        BTW I Greek , guess your from Australia? Did u live in the golf towers?

Working on getting the right pictures, i dont have anything good yet.

Brgds
        Manny

Comment

Hasan thanks for the explanation. btw had a porsche 911 turbo last night goating me for a go. Think was abt 10 hours into owning this monster and already having people taunt me.

Hasan , asked around for tires and interesting enough gulf tyre in Abu dhabi quoted 1100 aed each for the Michelin Pilot sport 2's, but only the front tires.

Brgds
          Manny

Comment

Welcome Manny! Congratz on your new ride, e60 B5 truly is a special car!
            sigpic
            BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

that blue M6 is sitting on a set of motons :drool:

sorry for the off topic

Comment

:welcome2:

great ride ;)

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Hasan thanks for the explanation. btw had a porsche 911 turbo last night goating me for a go. Think was abt 10 hours into owning this monster and already having people taunt me.

Hasan , asked around for tires and interesting enough gulf tyre in Abu dhabi quoted 1100 aed each for the Michelin Pilot sport 2's, but only the front tires.

Brgds
                  Manny
                  Hahaha!

You shall get that all the time. Since the Alpina is a rare car, a lot of people who recognise it, would like to see how their machines measure up to it.

The price for the front tyres is reasonable. I don't think you need to change them so soon. The rear tyres should a little more expensive because of the difference in size.
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Brgds
                    Manny
                    Firstly, welcome on here. You've honestly managed to get yourself a beautiful machine.

On another note, have you checked the prices with our Club Sponser Pirelli for their prices ? I'm not sure on how much, but there are discounts for Club members. Just PM Pirelli with your specifications if you're into buying a set.

Cheers!
                    Drive on!
                    2008 325i coupe
                    Stock

Comment

ALREADY TALKED TO HIM TODAY, SEEMS MORE LIKELY I WILL BE VISITNG HIM IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. ALSO GAVE HIM 2 NEW CLIENTS TODAY, ONE WITH A TOUREG AND ANOTHER WITH A S8 SAYING THEY GOING TO GO THERE TO CHANGE TIRES

THANKS YOUR HELP, FYG THEY DONT HAVE THE PIRELLIS IN T HIS SIZE

MANNY

Comment

Manny... please try not to use caps lock, usually denotes shouting :)

Cheers!
                        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X