wasup dudes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome aboard jmeister :D & nice ride.
    E92 335i /// Sparkling Graphite /// Hartge boot lip spoiler /// Hartge front lip spoiler /// O.Z Botticelli III /// Michelin PS2 /// KW V2(soon) /// H&R rear swaybar(soon)

Comment

Or we can try and source out a bumper form Shajrah scrap yards...

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
        welcome to our club.. you go a nice Z ;)

to join the club officially just show up at any event & you can sign the membership forms & pay the fee :)

and about AGMC service.. they can be much better, unfortunately :( if you need to get a new bumber, i say check out the aero kit! very aggressive look!
        About the AGMC service, to my knowledge their work is really clean, you wont even notice if the car had any accident once they finish their work. Had my friend's 2007 X5 taken to the AGMC's detailing, in Musaffah, he asked them to replace the driver's side door but then it was a small accident so they decided to repair it. Their work was Perfect, but the worst thing is they'll take more 2-3 weeks if its a small dent, what if its a major one ?! Im sure a month atleast.. In your case they might only replace the bumper, which would only need a paint job by them, try them, they're the best, but they'll definetely charge you well :D

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
          About the AGMC service, to my knowledge their work is really clean, you wont even notice if the car had any accident once they finish their work. Had my friend's 2007 X5 taken to the AGMC's detailing, in Musaffah, he asked them to replace the driver's side door but then it was a small accident so they decided to repair it. Their work was Perfect, but the worst thing is they'll take more 2-3 weeks if its a small dent, what if its a major one ?! Im sure a month atleast.. In your case they might only replace the bumper, which would only need a paint job by them, try them, they're the best, but they'll definetely charge you well :D
          AGMC is only for Dubai & Northern Emirates.. The one in Abu Dhabi would be Abu Dhabi Motors.. :read:

I don't know much about Abu Dhabi Motors & their service, but repairing a minor door accident is no rocket science.

If you ask any new BMW owner, you'll know that AGMC service is way below average.. that's why Tony Edwards & X-Service still exist while they're not cheaper than AGMC :)

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

AGMC is only for Dubai & Northern Emirates.. The one in Abu Dhabi would be Abu Dhabi Motors.. :read:

I don't know much about Abu Dhabi Motors & their service, but repairing a minor door accident is no rocket science.

If you ask any new BMW owner, you'll know that AGMC service is way below average.. that's why Tony Edwards & X-Service still exist while they're not cheaper than AGMC :)
            Thanks for the info Haissam :) You're right, in Northern Emirates we have Abu Dhabi motors and not AGMC. But you ask any new BMW owner in Northern Emirates, they'd tell you that they're satisfied with Abu Dhabi Motors's service. Maybe thats one reason why no X-Service or any Tony Edwards exist in the Northern Emirates, cuz we're not in need of any of those.. :)

Comment

Abu Dhabi Motors is a better place than AGMC as per my own survey. But what would you do when you need to mod and tune your car and still have warranty on the workmanship and parts?? That's when X-Service comes in play. Tony Ed wouldn't do any job that's outside the BMW AG manual now...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                Abu Dhabi Motors is a better place than AGMC as per my own survey. But what would you do when you need to mod and tune your car and still have warranty on the workmanship and parts?? That's when X-Service comes in play. Tony Ed wouldn't do any job that's outside the BMW AG manual now...
                +1 Ayham
                My friend owns a 2007 X5, under the 5 year service contract and warranty.
                He wanted to install a different exhaust system and asked Abu Dhabi Motors about the warranty, they replied that he will no longer have the warranty if he does that. I mean, he's not installing them at Abu Dhabi motors, hes doing it on his own account outside their garage, what's wrong ? Didnt make any sense to us... Contract void once seal is broken..

Comment

Yea, I also asked for your friend here in AGMC (if he's the one that got in touch with TAM) and they said it'd be void.

Morale is: There are NO ENGINEERS in these shops. It's always easier to point the finger at somebody else for whatever screwups, regardless of the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Yea, I also asked for your friend here in AGMC (if he's the one that got in touch with TAM) and they said it'd be void.

Morale is: There are NO ENGINEERS in these shops. It's always easier to point the finger at somebody else for whatever screwups, regardless of the reason.
                    I guess he got in touch with TAM, yes he did.
                    But since the warranty would become void, he just left it the way it is, so for 5 bloody years he cant think of tuning or getting any mods, except getting a kit and rims, even the kits for the X5s are hardly available. Hamann wont charge him less than a 100K

Comment

You can always "reflash" your ECU without a trace ;)

Comment

Software is one thing they can't trace, true !

But, heres why I like buying old cars. Theres no one watching over your head telling you what to do and what not to. And, theyre tried and tested.

What about BMW Performance parts, don't they have anything for the X5 ?
                        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post

But, heres why I like buying old cars. Theres no one watching over your head telling you what to do and what not to. And, theyre tried and tested.

Thats the best thing about buying old cars, do anything and no one stops you.
                          He doesnt needs performance, just wants to get some roaring sound for his car to scare people on the streets, another problem would be that it wudnt pass in the inspection. He'll have to get the stock ones installed again while inspection, rules are so complicated !!!

Comment

sorry for the thread-jack!

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post

or you can buy a new ///M car & get just 2 years of warranty! then... happy modding :rofl:

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

sorry for the thread-jack!

or you can buy a new ///M car & get just 2 years of warranty! then... happy modding :rofl:
                              Im wondering why is there a difference between the 5 year warranty of all BMWs and only 2 years warranty for the ///M cars, why this partiality ?!
                              I know ///M cars are driven hard and their life might be shorter, but they should have confidence in 'all' their cars and offer the 5 year warranty to the Ms too...

Comment

Consider yourself lucky to have any sort of warranty on the M car. Mitsubishi EVO and Subaru Imprezza have nothing from factory since it's a given people buy them to trash them round and mod. M cars don't have a shorter life expectancy, unless the owner is a total douche who'd shorten the life span of any car. But being driven hard on tracks means extra costs for the dealers to replace bushings, mounts, suspension parts, and eventually engines and drivetrain components.

Comment

Working...
                                X