wasup dudes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasup dudes

been in dxb almost one year now-i think i must be having the time of my life cos it all seems like a dream! a good one :yuhoo: (not a wet one lol)

anyway, i feel as though i finally can join a club where i dont feel ashamed of my ride (previously a stock Opel Corsa-really nice car, but not something i could have been proud of when everyone on the opel forum had calibra and astra coupe turbos. by the way, i am from South Africa (born in my other home country, Durban ;) before living in johannesburg 3 years b4 coming here.

i now have a Z4 2.5i Roadster (i do not have an M-car out of choice...but it IS just a matter of time) which i was thinking seriously about selling, but am quite unsure now after having driven some other nice cars (M cars and other Beemers not included), the others just dont "feel" good even if they are faster. i realise it is not just about the speed, but the overall experience. One question though, what is the difference, MECHANICALLY between the 2.5si (220hp) and my 2.5i (170hp)? is it just a matter of software or is something else involved too?

It feels good to be part of this forum. Let me know what u guys think of my ride.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jmeister; 14-08-2008, 01:03 AM. Reason: to be funny

Think before you act.

Congrats jmeister for the Roadster and Welcome Aboard :)
    Im sure you'll have fun being a member in this club, feel free to ask any help anytime :)
    Regarding the difference between 2.5i and 2.5si, ive checked and this is what I could come up with:

Engine: 2.5i

Cylinders/valves 6/4
    Capacity in ccm 2,497
    Stroke/bore in mm 78.8/82.0
    Max. output in kW (PS) at 1/min 130 (177)/5,800
    Max. torque in Nm at 1/min 230/3,500-5,000
    Power-to-weight ratio (EU) in kg/hp 7.6

Performance

Drag (cw) 0.36
    Top speed (km/h) 229
    Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) 7.1
    Acceleration 0 - 1,000 m (in s) 27.6
    Acceleration 80 - 120 km/h in 4th/5th gear (in s) 7.0/9.0

Where as 2.5si

Engine: 2.5si

Cylinders/valves 6/4
    Capacity in ccm 2,497
    Stroke/bore in mm 78.8/82.0
    Max. output in kW (PS) at 1/min 160 (218)/6,500
    Max. torque in Nm at 1/min 250/2,750-4,250
    Power-to-weight ratio (EU) in kg/hp 6.2

Performance

Drag (cw) 0.36
    Top speed (km/h) 240
    Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) 6.5
    Acceleration 0 - 1,000 m (in s) 26.5
    Acceleration 80 - 120 km/h in 4th/5th gear (in s) 6.5/8.1

To make long-story short, difference is mainly that 2.5si reaches the 100 km/h mark in 6.5 seconds, while the 130 kW 2.5i needs just 0.6 of a second longer.

Comment

welcome aboard jmeister!
      Nice to have you here!
      It's a lovely ride you have there, one i''ve wanted ever since!
      Hope to see you soon at either the track evening or 21st day out :)

Cheers
      H
      2008 325i coupe
      Stock

Comment

Welcome Aboard... !! enjoy ur stay with us and hopin to c ya soon

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
        Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

:welcome2: to our humble club mate :) ....hope u enjoy ur stay here :) ..
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Nice to see you here as well mate...

Well, mechnically speaking the difference between the 2 versions would have to be in the head. More aggressive cams and, hence, more aggresive tune. Probably bigger valves as well...Thanks for clearing that up as I've already posted my note on the for sale thread of your car.

P.S: I've just checked the cams part numbers and they all are the same. So it must be down to the tune only.

Comment

:welcome2: aboard
              ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum, nice helpfull buch of peeps on here so your in good hands.
                I used to live in Jermiston back in the 70's (when most on here where in nappys!!!!!am I the oldest???? hope not!!)
                2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
                  Hi Mate, welcome to the forum, nice helpfull buch of peeps on here so your in good hands.
                  I used to live in Jermiston back in the 70's (when most on here where in nappys!!!!!am I the oldest???? hope not!!)
                  What model are you ? I mean which year were you born ?

Comment

Hi jmeister,

Welcome to our small yet growing forum. We’re glad to have you here.

Between the two engines the differences noted, as per my knowledge, is the different intake manifolds and ignition system combined with different ECU maps.

I reckon you should just keep your car if you don’t want to upgrade.:hi:

Regards,
                    Bruno

Comment

Welcome...

Nice ride.. I like the color combo...

:welcome2:

2008 BMW M3 / White
                      2006 Range Rover Sport / Black (sold)
                      2004 VW Touareg / Silver (sold)
                      2001 Audi A8 / Silver (sold)
                      1999 Opel Omega / Silver (sold)
                      1998 Lumina LTZ / Maroon (sold)
                      1994 Opel Vectra / white (sold)

Comment

welcome to the forum!! Its great to have you hear. are you gonna join us on the 21st?
                        Audi TT (2009)
                        Infiniti G35 (2008)
                        Evo 8- Sold

Dont know what you have until you lose it

Comment

nah-sorry cant make it on 21st-in the UK until the 30th-maybe your September meet? hopefully

also some idiot banged into my car while i was parked at a McDonalds so i have to get a new bumper when i get back-what a pain! i don't think AGMC is cheap on that either.

On that point, what are you guy's opinions on the service at AGMC?

Think before you act.

Comment

also-how do i become an official member of the club?

Think before you act.

Comment

welcome to our club.. you go a nice Z ;)

to join the club officially just show up at any event & you can sign the membership forms & pay the fee :)

and about AGMC service.. they can be much better, unfortunately :( if you need to get a new bumper, i say check out the aero kit! very aggressive look!

BMW history:
                              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
                              X