Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
    done

but the breaks are crap...i dunno why but i think there are only two difference between those carbon craps (they r not carbotech, another brand) and stock ones. they make a lot of dust and noise thats it.

ohh dont need to mention the ****** performance when they are cold...i really hate them.

anyhow, i just cant wait :)
    Congrats on the car.

Your setback is going to be those horrible A** POS tires which wont grip much at all. The brakes are just fine.

You have Performance Friction 06 Endurance race pads in there. These are NOT to be used on the street as they only work when they are HOT (higher operating temp/range). Street pads grab right from when they are cold to 500 deg F. Then they fade.

Most guys chiming in on Carbotechs are referring to the Autox compound which like the street pads grab from cold all the way to around 800 or so degrees. They do squel and dust like track pads when used on the street.

Race pads (like yours) wake up at around 600 or so degree all the way to 1500-1600 degrees. At the track, you will like these pads as they wont fade.

I may have a set of stock pads (brand new) if you are interested. You run them on the street and swap them for track pads when hitting the track. This is what I did when I had a dual duty car.

You may want to get a seperate set of wheels with R comp tires for the track as well.

Lutfy

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
      hassan do you still remember when i took you for a spin in the e30 m3 in international city you almost **** in your pants?? do you remember the stoping power on those pads? do you know that you are missing a lot? do you know that you have to consider them? do you know that i have to get them?

i was just saying. :D
      :D:D:D

will talk about it later !

i will get my revenge one day!!!

@ Lutfy

my compliant is about the juddering...they are race pads i know but i dont understand why that much juddering...

regarding the pads u have PM

thanks a lot...

Comment

Tires before anything Pathy!! You can't stop nor turn with your POS tires even if you have Ohlins in there...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          Tires before anything Pathy!! You can't stop nor turn with your POS tires even if you have Ohlins in there...
          Exactly what I said. He has great suspension, brakes, power, setup etc but those el cheapo POS suck big time.

Wait till you come to the track this weekend and you will know exactly what I am talking about :P

Comment

:D

i am in a complete agreement with u guys

will get semi-slicks right after that day

Comment

Ehem ehem. We're always here guys :)! I would love to recommend or help in any issue regarding brakes.

We have been doing some tests on the noise issue. We found out some ways to reduce the noise at minimum levels. Bobcats shall be noiseless for like 99% of the time. AX6 (Autocross) pads are noisy somehow and this is how they are. XP8s are for basic track use and found to be less noise than AX6 but more noisy than Bobcats. It's your call pathfinder but any track pad shall be noisy even if not ceramic based.

Let me know if you need more information.

PS: The good thing about Carbotech is that all compounds have amazing cold bite! So no need for warm ups like other competitors.

Comment

Working...
              X