DAMC Sprint Challenge – Round 1 on 19th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm no slicks for the spring...

what about the CORSA sime-slicks from pirelli ???
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

6 Tyres
      6.1 Only treaded road type tyres with a defined pattern across 90% of the tyre are
      permitted of a make/type and specifications approved by the organisers. Slick
      tyres are permitted in class H only.
      6.2 Tyres must have not less than 1.6mm of tread (if any) remaining over at least
      three quarters of the tread pattern at the start of an event.
      6.3 The organizers reserve the right to conclude a single supplier/sponsorship deal for
      the Series. In such circumstances the use of tyres supplied by this nominated
      supplier will be mandatory.
      6.4 No alteration to any of the tyres from the manufacture’s specification is
      permitted. Re-cutting, re-grooving, buffing, or in any other way modifying the
      tread pattern is not permitted. Any form of chemical treatment is prohibited and
      all of the manufacture’s data must be clearly visible. Buffing of sidewalls to
      remove data is prohibited. It is forbidden to use and/or the mere presence of
      tyre-warmers or any
      Meskovic
      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

so for out daily driven car we wont be installing them for now
        who said it is ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
          6 Tyres
          6.1 Only treaded road type tyres with a defined pattern across 90% of the tyre are
          permitted of a make/type and specifications approved by the organisers. Slick
          tyres are permitted in class H only.
          6.2 Tyres must have not less than 1.6mm of tread (if any) remaining over at least
          three quarters of the tread pattern at the start of an event.
          6.3 The organizers reserve the right to conclude a single supplier/sponsorship deal for
          the Series. In such circumstances the use of tyres supplied by this nominated
          supplier will be mandatory.
          6.4 No alteration to any of the tyres from the manufacture’s specification is
          permitted. Re-cutting, re-grooving, buffing, or in any other way modifying the
          tread pattern is not permitted. Any form of chemical treatment is prohibited and
          all of the manufacture’s data must be clearly visible. Buffing of sidewalls to
          remove data is prohibited. It is forbidden to use and/or the mere presence of
          tyre-warmers or any
          Corsas are the best, but they are too expensive.. and we dont have stock..i heard Hankook 225/40r18 are available, and they are cheap 750 Dhm each..

A single supplier?? i doubt it , no supplier have all the car sizes,and on a very fast notice no supplier can arrange to have these tyres available.

So Bashar i think you Tried the ROSSO they are pretty good on track.
          PIRELLI Power Is Nothing Without Control

sigpic

Comment

If we find a decent interest from members to take part in the Sprint Challenge, we will try and secure some sort of sponsorship for our racing team. News have leaked to all of you about the cars being built or down the pipeline.....I'm thinking of 5-6 drivers willing to take part then it's doable to say the least. You folks will be doing it side by with the HPDS (High Performance Driving School) organized by the Club soon and instructed by our in-house BMWCCA instructors.

I'm up for a meet to discuss this further....

Comment

When's the first round btw??

Comment

Friday 23rd is a scutineering and test session

Im working on some sponsorship, i'll keep you updated:hide:
                Meskovic
                this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

I got my 1st cage from Krik Racing in AL. I paid around $600ish for it (you get a 10% discount if you claim you are a Bimmerforums member or in this case will promote the name on this forum). It was a decent cage (bolt on) but they can send it the weld in cage too. Get the welder here to weld in the car (in the car) or weld in the hoops and bolt it in the car. That should satisfy the FIA requirement since its quite loosely written (if an FIA welder approves and installs/welds it its a go; so I have read it but I can be wrong).

An Ex BMW CCA IP car would do some serious damage to the competition ;)

I am in running my STi for the event.

I got all my parts from Chuck Monticello (he is a forum member). Service was awesome and prices were competitive. Kudos!

Getting the parts and setting up the car is easy so dont be discouraged.

Ahmad

Comment

I also think that the FIA cage rules stepulate the thickness of the bars used. But it does make sense to me that if it's approved by an FIA welder then it's OK....

Comment

Working...
                    X