No announcement yet.

Bahrain Speed Weekend-Chevrolet Supercars Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

All the best buddy.
    sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
    2006 Z4M - SOLD
    1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
    2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
    2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
    2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
    2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
    1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
    2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Thanks for all the comments especially Nabil's. Well, Prince Muhammad showed up and drove his car, he finished 1st. It was a great day hanging out with him and the overall championship winner Majed Algamdy. Reem is like no other circuit, it feels more like a high class country club, they really pamper you :).
      The great news for me is that tomorrow I will go to the track to practice in preparation for our chevy event next month. The guys at Al Reem Circuit are very helpful, they will let me use one of their cars to help me in preparing.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
      Schrick cams
      Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
      Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
      KW Coilovers V3
      WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

What I recently learned is that Al Reem Circuit is actually a part of some royal prince's mega farm.....It's not a fee-based track, invitation only. Correct?

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Let's get invited.
          sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
          2006 Z4M - SOLD
          1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
          2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
          2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
          2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
          2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
          1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
          2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            What I recently learned is that Al Reem Circuit is actually a part of some royal prince's mega farm.....It's not a fee-based track, invitation only. Correct?
            You have to be a member to race there and membership starts at 15k. For the gold membership it's 25k and 50k for platinum. I was enjoying it as a gold member with access to the lounge with great snacks all day long and drinks. They have showers and fresh towels and a lot of people to serve you and pamper you, I really enjoyed being there. I have spent over 12hr there every day for the past 3 days.

My test session was cut short to 3 laps because a 997 was totaled on the track and we lost the practice session. then the timed attack started, it is a timed 3 laps run per car. we had Ferraris, porches, louts, vipers, and a few vetts. we also had 700hp vetts and rx7.
            Anyway, I was invited to come back on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to practice.

Few notes about the track. It is short, it is tight. I think the SC06 and the SC09 cars will be very close in lap times. I expect a few SC06 cars to out qualify some SC09 cars. There is going to be a lot of accidents in this race.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
            Schrick cams
            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
            KW Coilovers V3
            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X