No announcement yet.

BMW E46 Differential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i also feel a vibration like there is a flat, but i changed my tyres recently to michelin PS2's and had them checked, no issues there.

Comment

btw wazif, do u by chance work in or near media city???

Comment

Originally posted by ruchikdave View Post
        is the sound audible on turns only or can it be heard while goin str8? my m3 gives off this sound at rear which sounds like the tyres are rubbing against the road....like a flat, but its not a flat. do i need to change the oil as well, i think there is a leak in diff and i showed it to a frend in shj and he says that the tie rod that connects to the diff is rubbing against sumtin.

can sum1 pls clarify!
        You mean the axle shafts....

Unless your car is SLAMMED low, they won't rub against anything as they have universal bearings on both ends. How old are your tires? If you want, we can meet up and I'll try and figure out what the noise source is...

Comment

btw wazif, do u by chance work in or near media city???
          Hey dude,

Nope, I dont work near the media city. I work in the Trade centre. Havent come to the media city side in a while :)

Regarding the noise, it only appears on full lock turns. No sound during straight line driving.
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            You mean the axle shafts....

Unless your car is SLAMMED low, they won't rub against anything as they have universal bearings on both ends. How old are your tires? If you want, we can meet up and I'll try and figure out what the noise source is...
            my front tyres are quite old but the rear tyres had been changed about 2 months ago, my frend was giving away a set of em, he had bought them new and then decided not to put them on his car so i took them off his hands, they are michelin pilot sport 2.

thanks man i wud love an expert opinion on the car, is it possible to do it today...my no 050 48 323 75, let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
              Hey dude,

Nope, I dont work near the media city. I work in the Trade centre. Havent come to the media city side in a while :)

Regarding the noise, it only appears on full lock turns. No sound during straight line driving.
              oh k....kool...thanks for the info on the sound!

Comment

my front tyres are quite old but the rear tyres had been changed about 2 months ago, my frend was giving away a set of em, he had bought them new and then decided not to put them on his car so i took them off his hands, they are michelin pilot sport 2.

thanks man i wud love an expert opinion on the car, is it possible to do it today...my no 050 48 323 75, let me know
                If you're around Al Khan area in Sharjah, PM me here and we'll coordinate.

Comment

Working...
                X