E36 suspension needs advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xplod55 View Post
    Really I don't know the prices here, but it seems that everyone likes it..!!
    However I have some inquiries,
    - the M springs are lower and stiffer or as the one I have??
    - the M shocks are stiffer than the normal shocks on the 328..
    Because what I know that the suspension on a 6 cylinder BMW is more sporty that the one on 4 cylinder BMW, so is the M suspension is another level of sportiness than the 6 cylinder suspension

Lutfy I have sent you a PM to take it further from there
    To answer your questions.

Yes. The springs are quite bit stiffer. To give you an idea:

Stock E36 M3 - front rate: 105 - rear335
    Euro/LTW E36 M3 -front rate 138 - rear402

They say the difference between the 328i and the US M3 is some 25% stiffer. My setup is almost 50% stiffer.

Yes the shocks are different too. THey valved accordingly to accomodate the springs. Will definately get rid of the boat like ride you are now experiencing in your car.

Lutfy

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfy View Post
      I have a complete set of M3 Evolution front and rear springs (these were the same spring rates used on the E36 M3 Lightweight/CSL in the US) along with front and rear M swaybars 24mm front I believe and 21mm rear with front and rear shocks. As you know, the springs and swaybars do not wear out, as for the shocks, the rears are new (installed by Tony Edwards and 5K on them) and the fronts seem fine with no leaks. The bars come with matching rubber bushings.

The M3 suspension is an economical way to transform you car eliminating the roll and sloppiness.

I will make you deal. Complete kit AED 600.

Lutfy
      Hi Lufty
      Did you sell your M3 stuff? Anyone know of a set m3 springs? I have a 325i vert and its like a boat too...

Cheers
      Nick

Comment

dude if u dont buy 'em i'll get them and put them in my living room for that price!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Lutfy you got a PM

Comment

dont forget the control arms

Ltufy's deal is a good deal btw

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
              dont forget the control arms

Ltufy's deal is a good deal btw
              Sorry sold! Long gone.

Comment