Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 suspension needs advice

Hey bimmer riders..
    i have an e36 328i convertible, but i am facing some problems with the suspension.
    This my first time to ride a bmw, but i don't feel that it handles like a bmw should. I usually installed sporty springs in my previous mitsubishi and opel, but a bmw should have a good handling without the need of such springs.. right??

it is not comfortable at corners, I think the suspension is too soft.. may be dampers..
    At high speeds, the steering is not that accurate, u know there is a lil gap of no response,

When I visited john in the sena3eyya in sharjah, who they say is best for bmws, he said ther is nothing with the suspension...

I think this needs ppl who knows about sport driving, Not just driving..
    So is there any center that I can check this at, and not to be over expensive too ;)

Waiting ur help guys..
    M 'nM=my initials, charges with :///M:power, even not driving one..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
    e36 328i vert, e46 323 ci
    Older rides: colt '95, punto '03, astra coupe '00

let me guess you wheels aresticking out of your fenders? what modifications you have?

Comment

post pix of the car for a sec

Comment

it is still original, I just got my license, and I will start the tuning process
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Comment

Originally posted by xplod55 View Post
          Hey bimmer riders..
          i have an e36 328i convertible, but i am facing some problems with the suspension.
          This my first time to ride a bmw, but i don't feel that it handles like a bmw should. I usually installed sporty springs in my previous mitsubishi and opel, but a bmw should have a good handling without the need of such springs.. right??

it is not comfortable at corners, I think the suspension is too soft.. may be dampers..
          At high speeds, the steering is not that accurate, u know there is a lil gap of no response,

When I visited john in the sena3eyya in sharjah, who they say is best for bmws, he said ther is nothing with the suspension...

I think this needs ppl who knows about sport driving, Not just driving..
          So is there any center that I can check this at, and not to be over expensive too ;)

Waiting ur help guys..
          Hi

Simple test you can do is park the car on level ground and bounce the car from each corner of the car!
          If the car keeps on bouncing more than once after you let go on each corner then your struts are very week,
          This will alter the way car will handle.

Comment

IF the suspension is brand new OEM, know that verts are cruising machines and not race cars. They softened the suspension on verts because people take them for long drives rather than track racing. Don't get me wrong, a convertible BMW is still stiffer than other coupes I've driven but the lack of a roof will always result in excessive body torsion and wobliness compared to a sedan/coupe.

I solved the softness weakness on my 328 vert by installing an H&R Cup Kit and it will perform A LOT better than many coupes. From your description, I'm sure you will fail Shak's test and therefore the solution is to buy a new kit. Invest in an aftermarket kit and feel the difference immediately. You also want to get yourself a set of aftermarket sway bars, this will almost eliminate the "boat ride" on corners.

As for your steering vagueness, your tie rods are due for a change.

Comment

Make sure you go through a thorough alignment after that.
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

thanks for all the replies, and special thanks to Ayham,

BUT please Ayham give me the name of the place who sells such suspensions kits and installs them, to go check the parts you adviced about

Please clarify, a HR cup kit, is dampers with spring..?

Comment

Sorry for being late man...You can buy such kits online and save on retail and shipping bro.

Comment

Originally posted by xplod55 View Post
                    thanks for all the replies, and special thanks to Ayham,

BUT please Ayham give me the name of the place who sells such suspensions kits and installs them, to go check the parts you adviced about

Please clarify, a HR cup kit, is dampers with spring..?
                    I have a complete set of M3 Evolution front and rear springs (these were the same spring rates used on the E36 M3 Lightweight/CSL in the US) along with front and rear M swaybars 24mm front I believe and 21mm rear with front and rear shocks. As you know, the springs and swaybars do not wear out, as for the shocks, the rears are new (installed by Tony Edwards and 5K on them) and the fronts seem fine with no leaks. The bars come with matching rubber bushings.

The M3 suspension is an economical way to transform you car eliminating the roll and sloppiness.

I will make you deal. Complete kit AED 600.

Lutfy

Comment

^^^thats unbeatable offer.....
                      sigpic
                      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                      Falcons Garage
                      Carbotech

Comment

^ +1..

Comment

wow!
                          Meskovic
                          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Really I don't know the prices here, but it seems that everyone likes it..!!
                            However I have some inquiries,
                            - the M springs are lower and stiffer or as the one I have??
                            - the M shocks are stiffer than the normal shocks on the 328..
                            Because what I know that the suspension on a 6 cylinder BMW is more sporty that the one on 4 cylinder BMW, so is the M suspension is another level of sportiness than the 6 cylinder suspension

Lutfy I have sent you a PM to take it further from there

Comment

600 dirhams? take it dude!

Comment

Working...
                              X