Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for slotted/drilled rotors in GCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirksqjaw View Post
    Thanks to all :).

And yes, there is always an option to drill OEM's but... that's a bit ghetto I think!

My rotors are stock for 04 545i, no idea what size they are. I'm going to head down to Al Nabaa saturday to check out OEM pricing for the rotors and yeah, I'll either get the carbotech dustless or Axxis Deluxe. If I go for the drilled rotor/pad package from the states, it'll be axxis.

-Dirk
    Your front rotor size is 348X30. The rears are 345X24.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto Works View Post
      Dirk,
      Why don't you check with DBA? The UAE dealer page is here:

http://www.dba.com.au/2006/middleeast_uae.asp
      These guys are tough to get ahold of!! Been trying to call all morning, and emailed them yesterday.

Oh and for the record, Marwan rocks. I'm sure everyone already knows that but still. Had to be said :).
      -Dirk
      2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
      sigpic

Comment

These guys are tough to get ahold of!! Been trying to call all morning, and emailed them yesterday.

Oh and for the record, Marwan rocks. I'm sure everyone already knows that but still. Had to be said :).
        Thanks man :). I'm just helping out...

Comment

Dirk,
          Why don't you check with DBA? The UAE dealer page is here:

http://www.dba.com.au/2006/middleeast_uae.asp
          Looks like I'll have to just turn up. I finally get someone to pick up the phone, and I ask for what I'm looking for, she transfers me and no one ever picks up. 5 times now :lol:

Customer service at its finest :P.
          -Dirk
          2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
          sigpic

Comment

I called them up, and after a long struggle I got through to the guy who is responsible for the products of DBA.....

And what was his answer :D

We only got DBA products for American and some Jap. Cars.......we did not import any for European cars..... Hilarious :rofl:
            sigpic
            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
            Falcons Garage
            Carbotech

Comment

I'm sorry for that. If we can find the right part for your car, we can help importing them for you :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
                I called them up, and after a long struggle I got through to the guy who is responsible for the products of DBA.....

And what was his answer :D

We only got DBA products for American and some Jap. Cars.......we did not import any for European cars..... Hilarious :rofl:
                Makes sense.. given that there are hardly no European cars here..... oh, wait..

Hysterical! Thanks for saving me a trip to Sharjah ;). The search continues...
                -Dirk
                sigpic

Comment

Looks like they do not have anything for your E60 :(

Comment

Makes sense.. given that there are hardly no European cars here..... oh, wait..

Hysterical! Thanks for saving me a trip to Sharjah ;). The search continues...

You are welcome, but we still need rotors..... mine are showing cracks between the drills :cry:
                    sigpic
                    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                    Falcons Garage
                    Carbotech

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
                      You are welcome, but we still need rotors..... mine are showing cracks between the drills :cry:
                      Bashar, drilled/crossed rotors are beaten to death that they are not for performance driving at all! Would you like to take this to the next level chat then let's go on the sticky thread and talk about it, for everyone else to make benifit of.

My 2 cents, do not go for the drilled/crossed rotors if you track your car.

Comment

Bashar, drilled/crossed rotors are beaten to death that they are not for performance driving at all! Would you like to take this to the next level chat then let's go on the sticky thread and talk about it, for everyone else to make benifit of.

My 2 cents, do not go for the drilled/crossed rotors if you track your car.
                        Yup yup! Only get'em if you're vain, like me!
                        -Dirk
                        sigpic

Comment

Again UAE's parts landscape has defeated me. Shipping from other places is just too expensive and absolutely nothing but OEM is available here (at like twice the normal price). Closest I could find was EBC blanks available from the UK for about 630GBP.

Very, very frustrating.
                          -Dirk
                          sigpic

Comment

Again UAE's parts landscape has defeated me. Shipping from other places is just too expensive and absolutely nothing but OEM is available here (at like twice the normal price). Closest I could find was EBC blanks available from the UK for about 630GBP.

Very, very frustrating.
                            Would you be interested in DBA directly from USA? Would you like to try Carbotech's OEM replacement in plain or slotted (not drilled) rotors? Please let me know.

Comment

Would you be interested in DBA directly from USA? Would you like to try Carbotech's OEM replacement in plain or slotted (not drilled) rotors? Please let me know.
                              I just gave Bruno the go ahead for OEM's here. Besides, shipping from the states costs about as much as the rotors themselves making it unfeasible. Otherwise I would have LOVED to nab some slotted...
                              -Dirk
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X