Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for slotted/drilled rotors in GCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for slotted/drilled rotors in GCC?

Hey all, nice to see there is a BMW group for the UAE!! I'm an active member of E60.net but it's great to see something local.

Well, with that said, I'm looking at brake replacement here in the next 1k, but I'd like to upgrade to ceramic pads and drilled rotors. The ceramic pads are obvious based upon the posts here, but does anyone know where I can get the drilled rotors? I've got a source in the US but the shipping is INSANE (1,200 AED!).

I've got an 04 545i as an FYI.

Anyway, any recomendations would be greatly appreciated :).

-Dirk
    -Dirk
    2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
    sigpic

welcome Dirk,

what's the size of you're current rotors? regarding the brake pads i would like to suggest Carbotech.

Comment

:hi:

welcome to the club!

drill ur stock rotors FTW! :rofl:

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

:welcome2: Aboard Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post

welcome to the club!

Some has gone crazy with all the workout!!! :P

Welcome Dirk!
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Locally I don't know of any aftermarket BBK suppliers...I'd swallow it in and ship from abroad. You may want to check with TAM Auto Engineering, search for TAM Autoengineering as a member name here and see what they would offer you.

Comment

welcome to the club :)
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post

welcome to the club!

Thanks to all :).

And yes, there is always an option to drill OEM's but... that's a bit ghetto I think!

My rotors are stock for 04 545i, no idea what size they are. I'm going to head down to Al Nabaa saturday to check out OEM pricing for the rotors and yeah, I'll either get the carbotech dustless or Axxis Deluxe. If I go for the drilled rotor/pad package from the states, it'll be axxis.

-Dirk
                -Dirk
                2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
                sigpic

Comment

Why not upgrad to the M5 brake setup?
                  Last edited by alquazi; 05-02-2009, 08:37 PM.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                  Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                  Schrick cams
                  Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                  Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                  KW Coilovers V3
                  WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dirksqjaw View Post
                    Thanks to all :).

And yes, there is always an option to drill OEM's but... that's a bit ghetto I think!

My rotors are stock for 04 545i, no idea what size they are. I'm going to head down to Al Nabaa saturday to check out OEM pricing for the rotors and yeah, I'll either get the carbotech dustless or Axxis Deluxe. If I go for the drilled rotor/pad package from the states, it'll be axxis.

-Dirk
                    Head to the source, go to Central Auto Parts. Ask for Marwan and tell him you heard about them through the website. He'll sort you out.

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                      Money, being the shortest answer :P. Calipers are expensive! I need to replace the brakes anyway so I was figuring if I could drop a couple extra aed and upgrade rotors and dustless pads, why not? :)

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                      Head to the source, go to Central Auto Parts. Ask for Marwan and tell him you heard about them through the website. He'll sort you out.
                      Central eh? Will give it a shot, thanks for the heads up!

-Dirk
                      -Dirk
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                        Money, being the shortest answer :P. Calipers are expensive! I need to replace the brakes anyway so I was figuring if I could drop a couple extra aed and upgrade rotors and dustless pads, why not? :)
                        +1 for alquazi's suggestion !

I've upgraded to M6 brakes purchased slightly used from the states. Direct plug/play, with a resonable price too !

checkout m5board forum and you might find them for sale under the classifieds.

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

+1 ^ :msolved:

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Central eh? Will give it a shot, thanks for the heads up!

-Dirk
                            Dirk,

Would you like some pricing for original M5 rotors and calipers? Shall I look for used ones for you too?

Comment

Dirk,
                              Why don't you check with DBA? The UAE dealer page is here:

http://www.dba.com.au/2006/middleeast_uae.asp

Comment

Working...
                              X