Carbotech Brake Ceramic Brakes Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbotech Brake Ceramic Brakes Group Buy

Auto Works is here to provide you with the best quality and cheapest price! We are offering Carbotech Performance Brakes and have them shipped direct to the UAE with DHL.

If anyone is in need of big brake kits, brake pads, or brake upgrade kits please take a look at Carbotech website on www.ctbrakes.com and post up your cars models or brake pads part numbers in this thread.

If everyone's happy with the prices, the order will be placed and the expected delivery time is 2 - 3 days. Expected production period is 3 to 10 days.

The average price for front and rear pads will be around $340+/-, shipping is around UAED250+/-. Once we have everything ready I'll be able to get you the final prices.

The collection point is BMW UAE Club and the payment can be done there too.

Carbotech pads will offer up to 6 times more stopping power without the need of changing anything else other than the pads. In short, you get much better performance compared to the installation of a Brembo ket with the price of only Brembo pads!

Also no need to menton the long pads life and rotor friendliness that guarantees much less running cost.

Please note that this group buy will be closed by the end of tomorrow, Wednesday 7th Jan 2009.
    Last edited by Auto Works; 08-01-2009, 01:30 PM.

Welcome Aboard, kindly introduce yourself in the 'New Memers' thread please :)

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
      Done, http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...7077#post27077

Comment

:thanks2:

Comment

ok i'll shoot the first question :D

I can't seem to find a data sheet explaining the differences amongst the various kinds of brake pads which are "Bobcat 1521 AX6 XP8 XP10 XP12 XP16" and how does each model perform from one another.

can i have a link that shows all the data related to the models. im not talking about BBKs, i only want to have a clearer picture of the available brake pads.

Comment

I see you bumped into our resident superman!! Nobody goes unchecked here :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              I see you bumped into our resident superman!! Nobody goes unchecked here :rofl: :rofl:
              Sorry, didnt notice the spelling :slap:

Comment

Sorry, didnt notice the spelling :slap:
                looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool:grouphug:

Ayham, It was nice from him anyways...

Comment

Ofcourse, I say it in good faith ;)

Back to Bruno's question, yea I think we'll need a catalogue/data sheet to select from based on the required application. Is it available?

Comment

Marwan, we all like to pull each other's legs here.. Because we're all more than just mere BMW Club UAE members :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      ok i'll shoot the first question :D

I can't seem to find a data sheet explaining the differences amongst the various kinds of brake pads which are "Bobcat 1521 AX6 XP8 XP10 XP12 XP16" and how does each model perform from one another.

can i have a link that shows all the data related to the models. im not talking about BBKs, i only want to have a clearer picture of the available brake pads.
                      Ofcourse, I say it in good faith ;)

Back to Bruno's question, yea I think we'll need a catalogue/data sheet to select from based on the required application. Is it available?
                      Marwan, we all like to pull each other's legs here.. Because we're all more than just mere BMW Club UAE members :)
                      Sorry did not see this question earlier. Well, there is no document catalog but there are resources. You can always refer to Auto Works's FAQ section at: http://www.auto-works.cc/faq.htm
                      Note: You can change the language by using the Saudi flag on the top left.

In short, here's how it goes:

+Longer pads life: All Carbotech pads are tested to last about 100K kilometers, around 75K miles.
                      +Less brake dust and clean wheels: Bobcats offer the most clean wheels over any OEM or other ceramic pads ever tried. The more you up in the line, AX6, XP8, XP10... the more dust you get.
                      +Reduced ownership and running cost: Same as the dust, bobcats and AX6s are the most rotor friendly pads which will offer longer rotor life that reaches to 2 times better than OEM or other ceramic pads.
                      +Better stopping power: Bobacts are almost like OEM or little better, AX6s are 2-3 times stronger than OEM, XP8s are 4-6 times stronger than OEM and it goes like that.

I would like to add that, starting from the XP8, the ceramic pads does have some kind of special copper in the mold. This is why XP8s and up are little bit noisy, dusty more rotor aggressive but they really stop.

Comment

bobcats and AX6s are the most rotor friendly pads which will offer longer rotor life that reaches to 2 times better than OEM or other ceramic pads.
                        You mean XP8+ pads?

Comment

^excellent... this makes it clearer. now what about noise? how noisy are they compared to OEM?

Comment

You mean XP8+ pads?
                            with "other ceramic pads" I mean Pagid, Hawk and others that claim "semi metalics" like EBC and so on. Well, Auto Works does carry Hawk pads but we never sold any because of the fact that the XP8 are much rotor friendly and noise less than Hawk's street use pads.

If you want to restrict the comparison on Carbotech's, then for sure the more you go up in the line the more noise and the less rotor friendliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              ^excellent... this makes it clearer. now what about noise? how noisy are they compared to OEM?
                              Bruno,
                              Bobcats are almost like+/- OEM in stopping power and noise, sometimes less and sometimes more. Bobcats are most liked because they are 100% dustless and preferred for show cars and expesive chrome wheels and so. Bobcats should never see the track!

AX6s are difinatly noiser than OEMs and dustier. The noise in AX6 is a little squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek at the end of a stop at speeds around 10Km to 5Km.

Funny to know that on some cars, XP8s are less noise than AX6. it all depends on the caliper design and the rotor surface condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X