No announcement yet.

Tyre or rim problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rims on your car are for the 7-Series Individual. Are these knock offs or OEM's ?

Get a new set of rims and tires, or at least borrow ones from a known car that has no problems. Swap and see if it goes away, both front and rear though.

And take them off a 6-Series, compare the offset of an OEM 6-Series wheel vs the ones you have on.

Keep us posted.
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

your tires were messed up from the previous lower arms, get yourself a new set and then it should be balanced well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        your tires were messed up from the previous lower arms, get yourself a new set and then it should be balanced well.
        Probably the case, but not all of it. Why is rim hitting the strut ?
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

The current rim isnt hitting the strut now, I reckon the previous rim was and thats why the previous owner changed them with these 7 series ones.

Hopefully I will install Bruno's wheels these days and see how the car behaves.

There is a 50% discount for wheel alignment at AGMC, 450 dhs !!! So might get that too if I get proper tyres.
          07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
            rady...did you check the suspension carrier? maybe its bend and sometimes it can be seen till you compare your car with other one!
            I dont think its the suspension Eyad because when I swapped the tyres the car's pulling the opposite way. The stupid lady (previous owner) installed 255/45/19s whereas the maximum size allowed for my car is 40 , so mine will always be higher :)

I am trying to get new tyres at the moment, I want to get 255/30/19s m, which is the slimest acceptable by the manual.
            07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X