Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre or rim problem?

Okay guys I need your help here..

Ever since I got the car , it has always been pulling right. Went and visited Shak who told me that they lower arm bushings are damaged and that could be the cause of constant pull.
    I changed the lower arms and its still pulling right...

Went and did 2 wheel alignments in 2 different places thinking that maybe its because of the wheel alignment. Still no luck. Still pulling right really badly !!!

Shak then advised me to swap the front wheels and see what happens. Tonight I finally got the time and swapped them , NOW THE CAR IS PULLING LEFT !

What could be the problem here, one of the rims or one of the tyres?

Additionally, I would like to say Im very unsatisfied with the tyre shop "Continental" on Shz Zayed Rd , at the petrol station next to Hark Rock Cafe. Had a huge argument with the guy swapping the wheels as he was throwing the wheels around not giving a damn if they get scratched. Lastly he charged me 30dhs ,which I refused to pay but had no other option, for swapping 2 wheels which took literally 1min.
    Am I mental or 30dhs is very expensive for a 1 min job of swapping 2 wheels.
    07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

I also noticed this scratch on both sides ! I am kinda freaking out dunno how severe this is..

Last edited by Rady; 02-04-2011, 09:31 PM.
    07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Did you try balancing the wheels? This might be the cause. And I think 30 dhs is a good price for a tyre swap
      sigpic
      BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

its not a tyre swap , its just a wheel swap.

I dont think balancing has anything to do with the pull. I have balanced the tyres thou before I changed the arms , no vibration in the steering wheel whatsoever.
        07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Maybe the rim that is now on the left side has been hit before? No idea other than that we will see what the experts say
          sigpic
          BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

There is something wrong here..

The 6 series dont come with the rims that I have, I believe the rims have been changed just before I bought the car. The scratch on the shock absorbers on both sides mean maybe the previous rims were touching the shock absorbers ? Why ? The car was driven by a woman before so I highly doubt she put wider wheels on the front.

Yes I am looking forward to see what the experts think about this.
            07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Tomorrow afternoon what are you doing? I would like to try a small experiment. I have a set of BBS LMs lying around and would like to mount them on your car. We can see how the car will pull afterwards.

Comment

If they fit and everything, no problem with that. I added you on bbm to see where we can meet and everything.
                Do you have tyres on your BBS or will we use mine ?
                07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

I don't have bbm anymore... Call me tomorrow at this number 0555359560
                  Yes they have tires and they are for m5 so they should mount fine on yours

Comment

Will do. Thanks Bruno , speak tomorrow.
                    07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

It could be that one of your front tire has worn out quite alot at the inner or the outter part of the tire, due to your previous bush/alignment. Now the tire is on the other side after wheel swap...so its pulling towards left...
                      my 2 cents
                      sigpic:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Rady View Post
                        There is something wrong here..

The 6 series dont come with the rims that I have, I believe the rims have been changed just before I bought the car. The scratch on the shock absorbers on both sides mean maybe the previous rims were touching the shock absorbers ? Why ? The car was driven by a woman before so I highly doubt she put wider wheels on the front.

Yes I am looking forward to see what the experts think about this.
                        Your Rims are the wrong spec!! the width is to big thats why its touching the strut!
                        Had this prob before! and if the rims are the correct spec then your struts are bent!
                        You can easy check turn your steering full lock and see if there is a gap between the rim and strut!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                          Your Rims are the wrong spec!! the width is to big thats why its touching the strut!
                          Had this prob before! and if the rims are the correct spec then your struts are bent!
                          You can easy check turn your steering full lock and see if there is a gap between the rim and strut!!!
                          The current rims are not touching the strut, there is no marks on the rims on the inside, no scratches anything.
                          If I turn full steering there is like a 1-2cm gap between the rim and the strut.
                          Really No idea..
                          07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

On an additional note I would like to thank Bruno for his time and patience today. Would have never expected someone to be so kind,patient and helpful with basically a stranger. I really appreciate it Sir !!!

However , we tried many things today, even skimming the tyres abit but nothing helped. The car is still pulling the exact same way as before. We both agreed that it could be one of the tyres that could possibly be too heavy or smth.

Any other recommendations ?
                            07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

rady...did you check the suspension carrier? maybe its bend and sometimes it can be seen till you compare your car with other one!

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Working...
                              X